PolkFest Reserve Deal—EXTENDED For Forum Members

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    stevep wrote: »
    And yet you can still add them to your cart as of 2 mins ago. Let's just say I'm disappointed.

If tou haven't yet send a pm to @CarlJacobson_POLK
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    It appears to be a GREAT promotion on a good speaker as per reviews.

Sadly there are MAJOR issue's with Polk/United customer service as I've dealt with different 4 people trying to resolve an issue I'm having.

To bad there efficiency at charging your credit card isn't the same as getting you your order or knowing the procedure for shipping out their products!!!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,492
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    So tempting

Get in on it Joey! A set of speakers is less than 1 set of your cables

Doing some measuring in the master bedroom, seeing if I can fit either the r100 or 200.

What’s this extra 10% y’all talking about?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080

That ship sailed . . . the current offer is what it is . . . Generous!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Joey_V
    GlennDog wrote: »

That ship sailed . . . the current offer is what it is . . . Generous!

I gots the code. It is nice
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I'd really love to get in on this deal for the R200 (with the 10% off code if possible :wink: ).

My very first pair of loudspeakers were a pair of mini Polk monitors in the early 90's when I was 11 or 12.

Hopefully Polk/Sound United can still fulfill more orders even if they're out of stock. I am willing to wait it out for a re-stock if I can get in on the deal.
  • GlennDog

plz PM me the golden digits!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119

plz PM me the gold card digits!

fixed... :D:D:D

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • GlennDog
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

plz PM me the gold card digits!

fixed... :D:D:D

that'd be High Society Territory . . . Joey's neighborhood
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Joey_V
    Consensus on R200 vs R500? Anyone heard both?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    I'm still debating between the r600 and r700. Either way the rythmik sub would be there for the bottom . The 700 are a 3 way with an actual mid but, it seems the 600"s might be the sweet spot for the floor standing r series.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    Only one solution, buy both!

Half bath rig awaits!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    erniejade wrote: »
    I'm still debating between the r600 and r700. Either way the rythmik sub would be there for the bottom . The 700 are a 3 way with an actual mid but, it seems the 600"s might be the sweet spot for the floor standing r series.

I was wondering about this, myself, re: the R600, especially for systems using a sub.

Is the R600 like having a big bookshelf with dual mids, providing greater presence in the mids and mid-bass? Or will the cabinet muddy things, vs something like an R200 bookshelf/sub combo.
    I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,158
    edited November 2021
    I decided to grab a set of black R200 for my living room 2.1 setup. Hopefully my old Denon 3802 will be up to the task (for the time being). If the Denon can't drive them, it will be an excuse to upgrade that... probably long overdue.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    I would say the bass on the R600's are anything but muddy, "after" break in.
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • I am gobsmacked, the r200 is a really good speaker.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • billbillw
    FYI: The trick for getting that 10% code for new accounts is to turn off the browser security that blocks cross site tracking and cookies. Also turn off popup blocker and ad-blockers.
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,552
    10% promo code unused.

It adds about 5% to the total discount

PASuB23954W4P
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • ALL212
    And I’ll say this out loud and here:

I like the sound of the L100 over the R200.

Yes, not as much bass, but I think the overall sound is superior.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2021
    ^^ I did consider the L100 just couldn’t justify the $500 difference at the time. And yes I still have the first dollar I ever earned.
    I am a cheap bastage.

And never hearing the L100 I would certainly take your word.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    edited November 2021
    Got the R200s out of the box. Impressed with the finish and quality external appearance of these. From the photos online I thought the wrap might be textured like truck bed liner but it's smooth and sort of sparkly. I consider them to be attractive and I like that they already put the rubber feet on the four corners on the bottom of the cabinets.

These are not as physically weighty as the LSiM703s (19.1 lbs vs 29.6 lbs each) so they'll fit places the larger older brothers wouldn't. Less cabinet structure to them obviously. These are for my kitchen, no joke, powered by a Pioneer Elite SC-57 receiver. They'll replace a pair of the Andrew Jones designed Pioneer bookshelf speakers. I thought about using them to replace the LSiM703s in my main home theater system as surrounds, but not going to do that.

The R400's box is pretty large. The R600s are also here and no damage to any of the boxes.

Funny thing is the load had to be split between two FedEx trucks/vans because the first one was too full.

In case anyone's wondering, it appears the build date on the R200s may have been late November 2020.

Post edited by Emlyn on
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    edited November 2021
    R200s arrived today. I will be using my Dirty Weekends as stands for now. I ordered mine in white so they really disappear in to the room..

5srvin9nlw2o.jpg
    I am gobsmacked, the r200 is a really good speaker.

I agree completely! They are very good. I plan to listen for a few weeks to gather my thoughts before posting a review on the Polk site.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,876
    edited November 2021
    ALL212 wrote: »
    10% promo code unused.

PASuB23954W4P

I.
    was.
    told.
    ... that there'd be NO MATH!

:#

In other news: "my" pair of R200s are in the house! Mrs. picked them up, along with our grandson*, this morning at about 7:30 AM.

I lugged them (i.e., the box with 1 UOM of loudspeakers inside) up to the top of the landing of the hifi room stairs, got the camera, took a few photos of the boxes... and left them there.
    'cause today's teachin' in Boston day. Won't be back home 'til late tonight.
    but... tomorrow... heaven help me... I think I'll take some unboxing photos. :blush:

Order fulfillment & shipping were impressively fast. Apropos of some complaints elsewhere on the forum on Polk shipping experiences** -- the physical condition of the box seems quite good after the trip, so I am pretty optimistic that the contents will be ready for action when they're unleashed. :)
    * So, it wasn't like those two picked up the box and put it in the car :p My big, brawny son-in-law put 'em in the car. Mrs. H just picked up the aforementioned grandson (who's at our house for the day today). :)
    Mrs. H reports that S-I-L struggled somewhat with the box -- it is definitely hefty with two loudspeakers in it.
    ** Not even thinkin' of PFB imbroglios; just some recent chatter here and there on receiving battered packages from Polk. :|

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited November 2021
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    R200s arrived today. I will be using my Dirty Weekends as stands for now. I ordered mine in white so they really disappear in to the room..

5srvin9nlw2o.jpg
    I am gobsmacked, the r200 is a really good speaker.

I agree completely! They are very good. I plan to listen for a few weeks to gather my thoughts before posting a review on the Polk site.

I noticed you have them close to the back wall. How close are they? Any problem with boom or muddy sound due to the rear port?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ALL212
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ALL212 wrote: »
    10% promo code unused.

PASuB23954W4P

I.
    was.
    told.
    ... that there'd be NO MATH!

:#

ya...
    I.
    know.
    how.
    you.
    ...FEEL!!!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    So far the star of this show is the R400 center channel. Crystal clear without being harsh or boomy and it's not too tall to fit on the shelf of a Salamander Synergy rack below a TV set. It's almost as big as the L400 center channel from the Legend line volume wise and would easily blend in between the L800s or L600s.

The R600s are exactly what I was expecting. Good size for a small to medium room and they have the same sound character as the R400. Bass output is good for what they are which is a small tower speaker in the 40 lb range. Although they're not broken in yet I consider the Reserve sound to be a bit brighter than the Legend sound signature. Both have greater clarity than the LSiM lineup for home theater speakers.
  • billbillw
    edited November 2021
    Ordered the R200 mid-morning yesterday, FedEx scheduled to deliver tomorrow. Nice, although I only know this because I have FedEx account with Delivery Manager. Otherwise, nothing by email from Polk/Sound United. The original email didn't have any tracking. The online account shows shipped, but no tracking. No other emails since the original order confirmation.
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    edited November 2021
    F1nut wrote: »
    I noticed you have them close to the back wall. How close are they? Any problem with boom or muddy sound due to the rear port?

They are 10-12 inches from the wall. currently tilted back 8 degrees (which is how the Zus normally sit). I don't hear any muddy sounding bass at all. I may pull them out farther to see how that sounds too.

One thing I have noticed is they like to be well above the listeners ears.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • ^^ above listeners ears, so I am not the only one, good.