PolkFest Reserve Deal—EXTENDED For Forum Members

Comments

• I can't figure it out.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Emlyn wrote: »
    R600+R400+R200 ordered. Will compare to Focal Chora which are pretty impressive too for their entry level speakers.

Regarding the R600, I've always been impressed with Polk's next to biggest towers, especially for home theater use with subwoofers in the system and in a medium room. Sometimes they've been better in important ways than the larger model. I almost only ordered a single R600 but then my coffee kicked in and I realized that would be dumb. I have a strong feeling I'm going to love this line of speakers.

Whoa. Goin' for the gusto!
    ;)
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    I was smitten with the R200 at PolkFest. I definitely don't need another pair of speakers in my house, but at this sort of discount I can't really pass them up.

Email sent....

That's the spirit!

I may "need" a new pair of speakers for my kitchen. Hmmmm.
    I am thinking white which would blend in to the kitchen (or anywhere else for that matter. My better half claims to not care about stereo stuff, but she will frequently rock the house.
    VR3 wrote: »
    You have not reached max capacity until you have a half bath rig
    I agree. We have a soaking tub that really should have its own rig.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,189
    Ya' gotta be careful with Trey. He will never let up until all rooms (even closets) have speakers with sub arrays in all corners from floor to ceiling.
    I am onto his tricks and shenanigan's.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Sid is the audio Svengali.....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • I hear the white sound the best.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    I hear the white sound the best.

Only with pink noise.
    ... or so I read on the internet (so it must be true).

:#

Navy_Goat wrote: »
    I agree. We have a soaking tub that really should have its own rig.

Just what you need, right here...
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/195147/bozak-b-310b-concert-grands
    You're welcome.

:#
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    So on the last round i was debating on the L600 but, on the L200 demo. I found if the room was not carpet or lively sounding room, to me they got hot in the top end and where I might be moving to, its all tile and no carpet at all. Because of this, the R600 or R700 seems like they might be a better choice. From what I am reading about the R series the top is not as bright and even with a throw rug, that room is still very lively so, this might make more sense. Bass would be taken care of by a rythmik servo F.

Or i can wait until the move actually happens and try the Tyler's in the condo and see how they do in a smaller space. They might suprise me. Such a hard call on what to do.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    erniejade wrote: »
    So on the last round i was debating on the L600 but, on the L200 demo. I found if the room was not carpet or lively sounding room, to me they got hot in the top end and where I might be moving to, its all tile and no carpet at all. Because of this, the R600 or R700 seems like they might be a better choice. From what I am reading about the R series the top is not as bright and even with a throw rug, that room is still very lively so, this might make more sense. Bass would be taken care of by a rythmik servo F.

Or i can wait until the move actually happens and try the Tyler's in the condo and see how they do in a smaller space. They might suprise me. Such a hard call on what to do.

First world problems my brother!
  • erniejade
    Truth Ivan. :)

My only thought was if I was going to sell the Tyler's, I might have an easier time in the midwest to sell 200 lb speakers vs Panama City Beach.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    Well.

Since the Polk website wouldn't deliver to our legal address of record (a PO Box, since the USPS, for whatever reason, doesn't deliver any of the houses on our road), I had 'em ship the loudspeakers to our daughter & son-in-law's house. They have a normal street address (heck, their road's even paved -- luxury, as a Yorkshireman might say).

They came today.

Daughter, son-in-law, and the two grandkids came here for dinner tonight. Their Subaru is on the fritz, and for whatever reason they didn't use their truck, so the four of them came in their Ford Fiesta. There was (literally) no room for the loudspeaker box :( -- so I have to wait.

They R200s are 18 miles away. :#

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,189
    Which Tyler's? I missed that fact.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Bro, they make roof luggage racks big enough for the grandkids ...just sayin'
    :)
    Indeed.
    Erstwhile MA governor Mitt Romney beta-tested this years ago with the family pooch.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_dog_incident
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    I was joking as you know...but what a shatshow, literally. That poor dog Seamus
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Which Tyler's? I missed that fact.

Tom

Highland H2. Darn good speaker but not sure how it would do in a 1400 sf condo. If we move, we are downsizing a bit. Heck they might do fine i just think they might be too big for the living room so looking at options.
  • mhardy6647
    Well, due to schedules I won't likely have my pair of R-200s in hand 'til midweek... but I will have them soon.
    Kudos to Polk for their quick order processing, and fast and free shipping!!!!
    (it's not their fault that we have a stealth address here in the boondocks, so I had to ship to our daughter's house)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    My shipment was on its way the next day on a Saturday and is scheduled to be at my door via FedEx Ground this Wednesday afternoon. Shipping from the Memphis area. I may need to help the usual driver since she's tiny at about 5'2" tall and has a habit of dropping large objects off the back of her truck.
  • Mine delivered yesterday Sunday late afternoon.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Man, the speaker company with a heart!

Almost brings a tear to my cold, calloused heart.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    edited November 2021
    OK, OK. OK...I get it, you still want the deal, thanks for all the emails :smiley: Our direct ecommerce team has extended the offer until November, 8th. So if you've been sitting on the fence, it's time to get off. Simply email us at [email protected] to ask for an exclusive discount code on Polk Reserve Series and make sure to use it by November 8th.

Also, we've received a small batch of R700s in walnut and they are back online for sale, but I guarantee you they won't last.

And for those of you who have already gotten your speakers in, don't forget we'd love to read your reviews on the Reserve product pages and would love to be tagged in some pics of your setup @polkaudio on Instagram

Enjoy!

You guys rock!
    Time to throw down with some floorstanders.

"Also, we've received a small batch of R700s in walnut and they are back online for sale, but I guarantee you they won't last."

:(
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,492
    So tempting
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    edited November 2021
    Joey_V wrote: »
    So tempting

Get in on it Joey! A set of speakers is less than 1 set of your cables
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    So tempting

Get in on it Joey! A set of speakers is less than 1 set of your cables

Less than one of his cables chopped into pieces. ;)

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    The E-Commerce team canceled my order for R600's, R400, and R200 this morning because the R200's are now out of stock. Or that's at least what the rep informed me she thought the reason was because she didn't have the order or any information about it once it was canceled.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Why cancel an order because something is out of stock? Ship it when it is in stock.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    And yet you can still add them to your cart as of 2 mins ago. Let's just say I'm disappointed.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    stevep wrote: »
    And yet you can still add them to your cart as of 2 mins ago. Let's just say I'm disappointed.

Can't you work it out and order the R600, 400's...and then do a backorder for the 200's??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a