SDA Playlist

191011121315»

Comments

• JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 361
    http://klf.de/home/record/come-down-dawn/

This is a “new” album from the “old” electronic group The KLF. I will tell you I’ve not had a more immersive SDA experience in a long time. Epic! It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, and not really what I listen to on the daily but their imaginative mixes and experiments back in the day were always a personal favorite.

This is a reworked version of their classic album Chill Out that follows an imaginary trip from Brooklyn to Mexico City. It felt like it was remixed specifically for SDA! Almost constantly there are sounds and audible “objects” all around if you listen with your eyes closed. The steel guitar samples in “Baltimore to Fair Play” are haunting! What a trip! Well mixed. And the sub-sonics are sometimes very surprising in a very cool way. Give ‘er a whirl! I’m curious to hear your impressions. 👍🏻👍🏻
    Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL

Repair pile:
    (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

Pairs that have passed through:
    Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (2x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (4x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, SDA CRS, SDA 2, SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s)

...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • I'm sure this has been posted before.

Sounds amazing on my SDA-2B

• DOTK
    DOTK Posts: 4
    WOW...the new LORDE Album SOLAR POWER is really really engineered well with an amazing sound stage on my set of gen 1 CRS (w RD0194s) . Find a high res version and check it out...for sure the songs SOLAR POWER and OCEANIC FEELING! The cicadas moving around in and out during OCEANIC FEELING were unexpected and put a smile on my face. The last vocal in SOLAR POWER snapped my head across the room!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 3,190
    Good to see this thread still alive!
    1. Polk L800 + L900, L400, LSiM-703 x4; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz AV8805A processor; Parasound A31; Outlaw 7000X; Oppo 205; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Director 4.7; MIT S2 cables
    2. Magnepan 1.7i or JM Lab 920.1; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 SE+ preamp and Parasound JC5 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Marantz SA8004 SACD; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P500; MIT S1 Cables