1101112131416»

Comments

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,002
    Options
  • ratpin
    ratpin Posts: 85
    Options
    I’m looking forward to the UHQR release of “Aja” coming next month. There has yet to be an expert mastering done of that album yet.
    Polk: / SDA-CRS / SDA-1C / M-10B / M-7B / M-5 / M-5jr / RTA-11T / LSIM703 / LSIM704 / LSIM706 / RTI8 / CSI3 / CSI5 / RTI4 / RTI-A5 / CSI-A6 / RC80i / RC85i / RC6s / PSW300 / Atrium6 / Atrium4 / About a dozen pair of Atrium45 lol.
  • plastic_avatar
    Options
    I need to write some more down, but I enjoy listening to this 4 as part of my tester list now:

Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
    Nobody's Baby

Frank Sinatra
    Fly Me To The Moon

Maria Mena
    I Was Made for Loving You

Stevie Wonder
    Living For The City

The 1st three are relatively simple soundstages, with defined pieces in their place.

#4 is an odd mix (to me). I hear Steve's mixes as tuned for his ear, and that makes me wonder if he hears differently because of his blindness. They seem... lower... tuned lower, I guess. But the sounds that reach out to the edges, and the little vignette in the middle, very nice.
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • jbail2011
    Options
    The Allman Brothers Band Live from A&R Studios.

So good!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,341
    Options
    I don't have SDA's anymore but this song should be presented very well on them. Play, "The Peppery man" by Natalie Merchant.

If you have not heard this selection before? I can say with very high confidence you will like it very much. SDA's should do this song justice.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hytekrednek
    Options
    is there a SDA playlist set up anywhere that can be shared? That would be awesome
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    Options
    Only in this thread. You can go through and see tunes through the pages.
  • plastic_avatar
    plastic_avatar Posts: 690
    edited March 22
    Options
    If you're familiar with the other versions, these are an SDA treat.

a9ut1844cdld.png

hf7g6ptyncnm.png

The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,705
    Options
    Spyro Gyra, Incognito album. Clear and massive soundstage.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.