Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Mr. Granados was an accomplished composer and pianist who came to New York from Spain in 1916 to attend the premier of his newly finished opera. While there he received an invitation to come to the White House and meet and perform for President Wilson. He accepted and was graciously received by the president and his family. However, by attending this invitation he missed the sailing of the Spanish ship that was originally taking him and his wife back to Spain. Instead they both took a British ship which arrived in England in March 1916. The ferry that they then took was crossing the channel and was struck by a German torpedo from a submarine. There is some confusion of the events that followed, either Enrique was trying to save his wife who couldn't get into the lifeboat or she fell into the water from the lifeboat and he tried to rescue her. In either event both perished, leaving small children in Spain.
    In a cruel irony the ferry was struck in the stern and the Granados' cabin was in the unharmed front of the ship. This section of the ship remained afloat and was successfully towed to France. If they had remained in their cabin they would have survived.

898roxf5qtun.png

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    I think I have a new favorite toy... umm... I mean... tool. B)

379d0n8bhs7k.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    hope this ended well :|

60a5twch0ywl.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    wm8nc1yasvj8.png

Perhaps even a better evocation of the bad place than even Hieronymous Bosch ever painted?
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    edited August 2021
    Options
    NM
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I have had this problem with many cats since the mid 70's. I used to open the lever case and put in a screw to prevent the lever from going downward.

Now Amazon offers several devices to solve the problem. Of course, the devices are meant to protect kids but one seller now shows it in use with a feline.

The most prolific cat at opening all types of doors is my gray tabby (Kit Carson) like the one in the picture. I remember @mhardy6647 saying he had a very mischievous gray tabby. Maybe the gray cats are wired differently.

lwkuf6rci5ux.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

379d0n8bhs7k.jpg

I don't know what that toy does. I have one of the Shop Mates from long ago so I am halfway to using the toy; maybe.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

379d0n8bhs7k.jpg

I don't know what that toy does. I have one of the Shop Mates from long ago so I am halfway to using the toy; maybe.

It's a pocket screw jig. B)
    I used one for the first time buildin' stuff with my son down in Alexandria, VA last month. Coolest thing imaginable.
    Yeah, that WorkMate was a present from Mrs. H when we lived in MD... closing in on 40 years ago. I'd forgotten how portable the thing is 'til I had to lug it up to the garage yesterday.

I am building a couple of protective 'housings' for our heat pumps -- like the one my son-in-law & I built for theirs a coupla years ago.

vab2esuyrw3t.jpg

Meanwhile (and back on topic ;) ) -- just saw this on ASR. :o

6o543k27e0he.png
    ach du lieber. ;)
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    @mhardy6647, I like that protective 'housing' you are building using the toy.

Now where did you find and purchase the "toy"?

I need to build a protective housing on a concrete pad to protect my grill. I like the metal roofing.

Thanks!

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @mhardy6647, I like that protective 'housing' you are building using the toy.

Now where did you find and purchase the "toy"?

I need to build a protective housing on a concrete pad to protect my grill. I like the metal roofing.

Thanks!

Oh, Home Despot has 'em in stock at most stores.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-Pocket-Hole-Jig-520PRO-KPHJ520PRO/313671513

There are also small "jobsite" versions that are cheaper and that can be used for tighter spaces.
    I bought one of these, too, just in case (plus, it includes the two-step drill bit, which seems like a good thing of which to have a spare).
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-Pocket-Hole-Jig-KPHJ320/310410050
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-Pocket-Hole-Jig-KPHJ310/310410042

Kreg also "makes" (well... sells) nice screws to use with them. Of course, you can use any screws you want, but the Kregs have a few nice features (as they themselves point out in their advertising material).
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-Pocket-Hole-Screw-Starter-Kit-260-Pack-SK04/302781747

The metal roofing is a stock item at the Despot too :)
    It's approximately the same color as our standing seam roof (and, amusingly & ironically, as the metal roof on our daughter & son-in-law's house, too!).
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Shelterguard-8-ft-Exposed-Fastener-Galvanized-Steel-Roof-Panel-in-Cocoa-Brown-0410115172/100042556

I had originally thought about building the kids' using asphalt shingles, but my son-in-law had the brainstorm of using sheet roofing. I am glad he did! The thing was/is heavy as all getout anyway -- it would've been hella heavy with a shingle roof, harder to construct, too -- and for not much added value.

cbculam4qq37.jpg

I do wish we'd have built that first one a little lower. We wanted to give the heat exchanger plenty of room to breathe, and I think (IIRC, that is) that we used "convenient" length 2 x 4s that we didn't have to cut :) for the studs. :p

Post edited by mhardy6647 on
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    I have had this problem with many cats since the mid 70's. I used to open the lever case and put in a screw to prevent the lever from going downward.

Now Amazon offers several devices to solve the problem. Of course, the devices are meant to protect kids but one seller now shows it in use with a feline.

The most prolific cat at opening all types of doors is my gray tabby (Kit Carson) like the one in the picture. I remember @mhardy6647 saying he had a very mischievous gray tabby. Maybe the gray cats are wired differently.

lwkuf6rci5ux.png

I had an orange cat that could do lever style handles. He also mastered opening cabinets and drawers.
    He used to sleep in a drawer in the bathroom vanity. Fortunately, he couldn't get a good
    grip on doorknobs. That didn't stop him from trying
    I currently have a black cat that tries to grab doorknobs. I don't have a lever handle in the current
    house, so I don't know if he could work the lever. They are way too smart when they want to be.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Seen in a local library.

eyliyazkwqp9.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    jsfbsrmwci29.jpeg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron
    Options
    3m0upga5wibe.jpeg
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    jsfbsrmwci29.jpeg

Corn hole?

I believe that @mrbiron is showing off another of his construction projects.
    B)
  • mrbiron
    Options
    No mr h, just taking a photo of pleasant bay in orleans, ma. ;)

The photo does have an essence of being “abstract” with a random corn hole board in the middle of a yard overlooking the ocean.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2021
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    No mr h, just taking a photo of pleasant bay in orleans, ma. ;)

The photo does have an essence of being “abstract” with a random corn hole board in the middle of a yard overlooking the ocean.

was joke! was joke! I keed, I keed.

PS Am I the only reprobate that feels that corn hole was a really unfortunate moniker for a wholesome family game for midwesterners?

:#
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Doc we call it bags here in the Midwest. It has just been the last few years I've heard it called "Cornhole", and here in my area if you've been "Cornholed" that is a whole other problem and you may not sit down correctly IF ya know what I mean....