Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,857
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    8ut62nf814tb.jpg

You need more motor. 😇

“I need more motor” she said.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,387
    q65xg4emgr3s.jpg

American Hero: Silver Star, 2 Bronze Stars, 2 Purple Hearts
    Special Forces Capt. Richard J. Flaherty AKA The Giant Killer - Due to his size he needed a waiver just to join the military, but no one ever believed he could even make it out of Basic Training. He not only made it through Basic but he was accepted in Officer Candidate School. In December of 1967, he was sent to Vietnam with the 101st Airborne Division. One of his first tests as a Platoon Leader was during the "Tet Offensive." He served as a Platoon Leader with companies B, C, and D and as a Recon Platoon Leader with Echo company.
    In January of 1969, he returned to CONUS and attended the Special Forces School at Fort Bragg and was then assigned to the 3rd Special Forces Group. Later that year he returned to South East Asia with the 46th Special Forces Company A-110 in Camp Pawai, Lopburi Thailand.
    At 4-foot-9 97lbs, Flaherty is believed to be the smallest man to serve in the US military. Captain Flaherty's incredible life story was captured in the book, The Giant Killer
    Awards & citations:
    Captain Flaherty earned The Silver Star, 2 Bronze Stars, 2 Purple Hearts, the Air Medal, Gallantry Cross W/Silver Star, Army Commendation Medal, Combat Infantryman’s Badge, 3 Overseas Bars, Sharpshooter Badge W/Rifle Bar, Air Medal, Parachutist Badge, Vietnam Service badge.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,383
    qnrwab4drnxa.jpg
    akka0bu0f0pa.jpg

Those Safeboats are a lot of fun. Quad 350s. Air ride seats. Fast.

xre19iupdtjh.jpg
    4qmfu8t53uy2.jpg
    n67a3q5xnham.jpg
    hk3etvmf2k45.jpg
  • CH46E
    @NotaSuv did you happen to see this flyover Titusville today. Went to the shuttle landing strip to clear it.

adfx216m689j.jpg
    dd8u5afbigem.jpg
    vzwt4iv7bvct.jpg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,856
    edited August 2021
    CH46E wrote: »
    vzwt4iv7bvct.jpg

That is a big freaking private jet!
    I don't recognize the flag.
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    edited August 2021
    audioluvr wrote: »
    vzwt4iv7bvct.jpg

An-124 aircraft. Russian flag. You can almost always Google the tail number of any aircraft. Very easy way to find out a ton of info. This one belongs to a Russian cargo transport company called Volga-Dnepr.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ra-82043
  • NotaSuv
    Didn't see that monster in the sky.....wow what a beast.......should be packed in town on Tuesday with a "heavy" liftoff.......in the past while out in the refuge have seen some monsters landing on the shuttle runway...
  • NotaSuv
    qnrwab4drnxa.jpg
    akka0bu0f0pa.jpg

What a monster.1400HP...Bahamas in less than an hour..lol......can only dream of the electronics you all are using........watched a video on the seats....damn state of the art there
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,856
    vzwt4iv7bvct.jpg

An-124 aircraft. Russian flag. You can almost always Google the tail number of any aircraft. Very easy way to find out a ton of info. This one belongs to a Russian cargo transport company called Volga-Dnepr.

Wonder what the cargo is? Probably US currency.
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    ^^^ that should teach you how to shat yourself while running!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,904
    🤦🏻‍♂️
  • CH46E
    vzwt4iv7bvct.jpg

Wonder what the cargo is? Probably US currency.

While it would be a violation to disclose that info... I will tell you I scanned 100% of the crew, thier luggage, the entire interior of the aircraft, as well as the cargo for radiation sources. They were not happy about breaking security seals to open the metal containers. I've never seen cargo metal containers so thick. Made me think of a possible shielding attempt to block radiation. However unlikely it sounds that Russia would chose a US Gov facility to smuggle in a nuke, we don't take chances with SNM. (Special Nuclear Materials)

One of the of the two hand held devices we use to identify radiation cost about $35K a unit.

The other device is carried by every single CBP Officer on thier gun belt ( about the size of a doctor's Motorola pager) and is on at ALL times. Called a Personal Radiation Detector(PRD). I know if you tell them you lost one, they **** a brick. But I have no idea the cost.

One thing I can say DHS CBP does well is scan for radiation at the Ports of Entry.

• CH46E
    qnrwab4drnxa.jpg
    akka0bu0f0pa.jpg

What a monster.1400HP...Bahamas in less than an hour..lol......can only dream of the electronics you all are using........watched a video on the seats....damn state of the art there

On a good day they should be able to hit about 70 knots. Unofficially of course. The hull design makes for a hard hit at speed in rough waters. That flat section really hits the water hard. If it weren't for the seats you would not be able to do the job more than 10 years. Your knees and back would be blown out.
  • 2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Music to the 9's, KLH and Marantz.

1oezhbpihqyy.png
  • CH46E
    Music to the 9's, KLH and Marantz.

1oezhbpihqyy.png

I can only imagine the airy openness and imaging is really good with that set up. I've never heard the KLH panels or Maggies. Closest I've been to a speaker like them would probably be a Martin Logan.
  • I had a pair of KLH 9s that were excellent sounding, I think I was using them with a CJ MV75a amp. Everyone should have an opportunity to hear them along with Quads and Servo-Statics and Beverages.
  • NotaSuv
    edited August 2021