Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 28,263
    edited July 19
    Yeah... FWIW, I couldn't do Florida, nor the "desert Southwest".
    Having grown up in Charm City (Baltimore), summer heat + humidity (the Tandoori oven effect) is not my idea of pleasant summer living.

We lived in the Silicon Valley for a couple of years, and I I could do San Diego or its environs, if the population were decreased by... oh, I dunno... 75%.

When we lived in CA, gasoline prices were just about the lowest in the country (less than a dollar per gallon for regular, ca. 1990). Not no more. :| There are a couple of things I miss about CA (the availability of so many different kinds of produce of such exceptional quality being the foremost), but it's been quite a while since I was last back to visit, and with each passing year I am less inclined to feel any pull to go back, even for a visit. :/

I (we) like Northern New England -- a lot. I could go on and on as to why. In the context of recent posts here, though, I'll just say that, ca. 8 months out of the year, it's ain't because of the weather ;)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 23,065
    tonyb wrote: »
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    q72mof1d7p1z.jpg

Dang, I need all that. Going into the city this week. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that.

That is several thousand tons of "cure" right there. Just what Baltimore needs. :o
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,723
    q72mof1d7p1z.jpg

Nice garage sale find!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,356
    hw1cuqm75zed.jpg

Tony B now this keep ya safe anywhere in the City...
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,359
    h1f24j3l8izz.jpgq244ls6die6z.jpg

its bio time on the river....very cool especially when fighting a large fish...the under boat glow is NOT from mounted lights its all Mother Nature here

Kennedy space center in the background?
  • mhardy6647
    Great images, too!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,356
    CH46E wrote: »
    h1f24j3l8izz.jpgq244ls6die6z.jpg

its bio time on the river....very cool especially when fighting a large fish...the under boat glow is NOT from mounted lights its all Mother Nature here

Kennedy space center in the background?

not sure but we were heading towards Titusville from 520 heading to Haulover canal
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,509
    Must be Arizona
    :D:D
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,365
    steveinaz wrote: »
    6 working days left you bastads. Tony, it's time for an Arizona trip. Charley, quit being so damn cranky.
    m51kkgr5vocf.jpg

Good feeling isn't it?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, L600, L400, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,362
    steveinaz wrote: »
    6 working days left you bastads. Tony, it's time for an Arizona trip. Charley, quit being so damn cranky.
    m51kkgr5vocf.jpg

Soon Steve. We save our warm weather trips for when it's a bit colder here. Congrats on the retirement, now you just have to find things to keep yourself busy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,693
    rceybycbfgfg.jpg

Ok, I got questions....lol
    So I typically try to find the most absurd response as I can muster, but doing a little digging on the webz produces answers to this sign.

Apparently, a penguin, is someone who pulls their pants so low, that they look like a penguin while walking. It’s a riff raff thing…

The No Nudity just means that this isnt a place where I will conduct business. End of story.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,509
    A drunk, chain smoking, naked penguin who used to be a sailor?

A distinct possibility B)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,185
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    A drunk, chain smoking, naked penguin who used to be a sailor?

A distinct possibility B)

Raises hand...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 11,901
    rceybycbfgfg.jpg

Ok, I got questions....lol

That location is in New Orleans in the French Quarter...not sure about the penguins, but maybe it has to do with wabbling drunks
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 410
    wpsi087gxlo8.jpg:)
    SDA-2b's (194 updated tweeters)
    SDA-CRS's
    Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (one pair moded into SDA's (with SDA-2 cross-overs , etc)
    ~ Magnepan MG1
    ~ DCM TF600

* run with various vintage amps ~
    * 2 - Heathkit W-5M (mono tube)
    * CM Labs C35
    * Sansui AU-517 , AU-317 , AU-217 MK II
    * 2 - Altec Lansing 1590b's

~ Occasionally
    * Yamaha CR-820
    * Carver 900
    * 2-Dynaco ST 120
    * 2-Adcom 535
    * Marantz 1070/1040
  • mhardy6647
    Can't tell if that's a 511B or an 811B (I think it may be the latter?) -- that's an excellent use for either, but especially for a 511B! B)