What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    Now that warmer weather has finally entered, I moved the FW J2 from the main listening room,to the much cooler “Pit”. The J2 generates some serious heat! The FW F5 is much cooler in comparison. So until A/C season is over, the amp swap will remain in place.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • guyincognito
    guyincognito Posts: 128
    I wish I had to worry about seasonal issues with my multiple first watt amps... first world problems am I right?

I wouldn't argue with some pictures. Happy listening.
    Rega Planar 8, Apheta 3 MC , Aria mk2 Phono
    Aurender n100h, Benchmark DAC2 HGC
    Arcam SR250, Parasound JC5
    Revel F208, SVS SB-4000
  • guyincognito
    guyincognito Posts: 128
    @TEAforONE , very nice. I dig those amp stands.
    Rega Planar 8, Apheta 3 MC , Aria mk2 Phono
    Aurender n100h, Benchmark DAC2 HGC
    Arcam SR250, Parasound JC5
    Revel F208, SVS SB-4000
  • TEAforONE
    @TEAforONE , very nice. I dig those amp stands.

Thanks! I purchased some chrome furniture legs from epay, and attached them to bamboo cutting boards. I think it ran me about $60, all in to make 2.
  • TEAforONE
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    Took pic of RTi A7 w/Velcro...
    bxb2vakndv3m.jpeg
    ...for Trey’s custom laser cut diffraction padding, It’s an improvement.
    ozftgejl05ba.jpeg
    CSi A6 pic to follow...

They look great!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Welp...now I need to use some Clorox on my eyes...you could warn a guy, dangit!

(I KEED I KEED)

Heard these at our local home theater crawl and really liked what I heard. Congrats on the purchase!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • TEAforONE
    Nice! Any first impressions?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Congrats on the 1's!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Where’d cha pick up those 1’s?
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    TEAforONE wrote: »

Same sound signature. Just bigger everything.

Actually, the biggest immediate impact is at lower volumes. Just seems huge still at very moderate levels.

I have a very large room to fill, so it’s what I expected based on the 2’s.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • hochpt21
    dromunds wrote: »
    Where’d cha pick up those 1’s?

In your neck of the woods. A guy from Wausau met me in Plover.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • hochpt21
    erniejade wrote: »
    Congrats on the 1's!

Thanks! Tin Pan Alley has become a go-to for new equipment demos…lol

Rattle it off the walls!
  • TEAforONE
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    TEAforONE wrote: »

Same sound signature. Just bigger everything.

Actually, the biggest immediate impact is at lower volumes. Just seems huge still at very moderate levels.

I have a very large room to fill, so it’s what I expected based on the 2’s.

That makes buying "blind" much easier. You know as you go up the the line,you will get more of what you had. Nice room! And yes,it looks like a very big space.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited May 2021
    ifc6298aazj9.jpg
    Got a TV stand for the TV so I could raise the TV and put the 703 in front of it. Also moved the Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp to where it was and rearranged other equipment. Still have to find a place for the chair next to the fireplace. It will go to another room. We still need to hang pictures and get more furniture for the new house as it's a long way from being finished. Also going to add a mantle above the fireplace.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    erniejade wrote: »
    Congrats on the 1's!

Thanks! Tin Pan Alley has become a go-to for new equipment demos…lol

Rattle it off the walls!

:) Awesome!!! I am glad they are doing well for you. The look great for sure!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    @Milito - Scoot that center channel forward so it's flush with the edge.

bd4dv0zma18o.png
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @Milito - Scoot that center channel forward so it's flush with the edge.

bd4dv0zma18o.png

^^^ THIS ^^^

Good eye, Drew!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    It would also help to angle the center up so that it is aimed at the ears versus the stomach.

09y3xyjjl3ku.jpeg

9oeu4di70wk4.jpeg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ADJ
    ADJ Posts: 46
    Finally put it together. Picked up a nice little NAD 310 integrated to go with my Keces 151 MKII and recapped RTi35s. Nothing esoteric but it puts a smile on my face for a budget computer rig.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Nice! Your setup looks similar to the vintage UK cascading Standesign racks which I really like.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA