Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

1134135136137138140»

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 2,020
    F1nut wrote: »
    Glad I didn't watch. The NFL lost me.

So who'd they give it to?
    I haven't watched even an SB since they took a knee.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,439
    Rick88 wrote: »

Dang, wish I'd watched the game now.

They should have cued up some Benny Hill music as he ran :D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 8,372
    edited February 8
    . .
    j1hgam27hrc9.jpg

John a minor correction if I may:
    8 Time NWA Champion
    6 Time WCW Champion
    2 Time WWF Champion.
    (and no, not THAT NWA )
    Other sources list 25 Championships.

When Vince McMahon (The Greatest Showman on Earth) brought Nature Boy over from the WCW to the WWF a lot of folks thought it was a mistake.
    They were wrong

Tom Brady is tough but you want to know who the toughest SOB to walk the face of this planet is ?
    Mick Foley, aka "Mankind", he of "Mr. Socko" fame and glory.
    Chuck Norris trembles in his presence 😳🇺🇸
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,439
    Damn, I musta missed some good stuff last night.

We did catch the Birds on TCM then played some UNO and Yahtzee as it's nasty cold here.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    oldrocker wrote: »

That video is hilarious to listen to. Kevin Harlan didn't miss a beat, calling it as if it was an actual play. "Pull up your pants, take off the bra, and be a man!!" :D

Has anyone condemned him for being transphobic yet?
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 255
    afterburnt wrote: »

That video is hilarious to listen to. Kevin Harlan didn't miss a beat, calling it as if it was an actual play. "Pull up your pants, take off the bra, and be a man!!" :D

I think you might have cast the first stone...
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    la2vegas wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »

I think you might have cast the first stone...

Well it is the poltergeist. I don't think like that. To me it was funny as heck.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,244
    interesting take on sports ratings this year: short answer, it has little (or nothing) to do with politics:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/02/what-pandemic-revealed-about-sports/618157/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
    Living Room 2.1: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Musical Fidelity A308; NAD M51 DAC; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 700 x3; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 350; Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 8,372
    Yep. To try to shift some of the drop in viewership due ti Netflix and Hulu is manure in a handbasket
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,980
    daddyjt wrote: »
    It should also be noted that the article is by Jamele Hill, herself a firm believer in the new agenda. She would certainly go out of her way to absolve the leagues and athletes of any responsibility for their respective brand declines.

Bingo.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 46,148
    The author missed the point by a universe.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,343
    I hope he gets the maximum sentence the law allows.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, L600, L400, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 5,897
    Milito wrote: »

I'm sure there will be some plea involved. Maximum sentence usually only comes from a trial conviction.
    Main 2-ch:
    Sony SS-M9; Amp: LSA Statement Integrated; VPI HW-19 Mk3/Sumiko Premier FT-3/Audio Technica AT15SA; Pass Labs DIY Pearl Phono; Sony SCD-C333ES SACD Changer; TEAC UD-301 DAC; Dell/WYSE 5010 (running Daphile); Sony ST-SA5ES Tuner; Nanotec Golden Strada speaker cables (SR+#79 Shotgun); Audioquest Coral interconnects
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,980
    edited April 14
    billbillw wrote: »
    Milito wrote: »

I'm sure there will be some plea involved. Maximum sentence usually only comes from a trial conviction.

I hope he takes it to trial then... scumbag deserves the maximum sentence plus anything else they can find to throw at him. Driving while intoxicated is no different than brandishing a deadly weapon.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”