. .
    j1hgam27hrc9.jpg

John a minor correction if I may:
    8 Time NWA Champion
    6 Time WCW Champion
    2 Time WWF Champion.
    (and no, not THAT NWA )
    Other sources list 25 Championships.

When Vince McMahon (The Greatest Showman on Earth) brought Nature Boy over from the WCW to the WWF a lot of folks thought it was a mistake.
    They were wrong

Tom Brady is tough but you want to know who the toughest SOB to walk the face of this planet is ?
    Mick Foley, aka "Mankind", he of "Mr. Socko" fame and glory.
    Chuck Norris trembles in his presence 😳🇺🇸
    Sal Palooza
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Damn, I musta missed some good stuff last night.

We did catch the Birds on TCM then played some UNO and Yahtzee as it's nasty cold here.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Rick88 wrote: »
    oldrocker wrote: »

Dang, wish I'd watched the game now.

They should have cued up some Benny Hill music as he ran :D

That video is hilarious to listen to. Kevin Harlan didn't miss a beat, calling it as if it was an actual play. "Pull up your pants, take off the bra, and be a man!!" :D

Has anyone condemned him for being transphobic yet?
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    afterburnt wrote: »

That video is hilarious to listen to. Kevin Harlan didn't miss a beat, calling it as if it was an actual play. "Pull up your pants, take off the bra, and be a man!!" :D

I think you might have cast the first stone...
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    la2vegas wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »

I think you might have cast the first stone...

Well it is the poltergeist. I don't think like that. To me it was funny as heck.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    interesting take on sports ratings this year: short answer, it has little (or nothing) to do with politics:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/02/what-pandemic-revealed-about-sports/618157/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Yep. To try to shift some of the drop in viewership due ti Netflix and Hulu is manure in a handbasket
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    daddyjt wrote: »
    It should also be noted that the article is by Jamele Hill, herself a firm believer in the new agenda. She would certainly go out of her way to absolve the leagues and athletes of any responsibility for their respective brand declines.

Bingo.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The author missed the point by a universe.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    I hope he gets the maximum sentence the law allows.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Milito wrote: »

I'm sure there will be some plea involved. Maximum sentence usually only comes from a trial conviction.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2021
    billbillw wrote: »
    Milito wrote: »

I'm sure there will be some plea involved. Maximum sentence usually only comes from a trial conviction.

I hope he takes it to trial then... scumbag deserves the maximum sentence plus anything else they can find to throw at him. Driving while intoxicated is no different than brandishing a deadly weapon.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Cousins blew it again! What an idiot!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • la2vegas
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Cousins blew it again! What an idiot!

if83wgyq0yu8.jpg
  • audioluvr
    edited November 2021
    4 down. Last play. What does Cousins do almost EVERY time? Throw it away. Why? Why? Why would you do that? He's an idiot. That's why.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • I believe NFL Football was better in 1991.

This showed up on Youtube recently. Deion Sanders, MC Hammer, Holyfield and others on sideline of the most fun football team ever.

Here is Part 1.

The Attitude | ‘The Rudest Team’: The Story of the 1991 Atlanta Falcons (Part 1) | Full Episode

92fg1q7kmjv5.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    You guys blame Kurt Cousins? He is having his best year yet? I watched the game. Very exciting game to watch. What I saw in the fourth quarter was 49ers running the ball for seven minutes and the defense could not stop them. And at the end when Kurt got the ball. Offensive line could not give him enough protection. He was running for his life. Yes he overthrew receiver in end zone. With all the defenders in his face it was lucky that he was able to get rid of the ball at all? Go Bears.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • I for one throughly enjoyed that Raiders vs Dallas game.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • audioluvr
    Vikings loose to the worst team in the NFL. On the bright side the Lions FINALLY win a game! Also Adrian Peterson ties the great James Brown with the 10th most TD' s by a running back. Though IMHO JB was a much better RB.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• la2vegas
    Adrian Peterson is a shadow of his former self. Once the leagues most punishing runner, now he gains 17 yards on 9 carries.