Is that your office?

Nope.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,591
    That Jade plant is pretty cool.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,547
    wow.

The jade plants here mostly cling to life.
    That said, they're ancient -- some are pushing a century old (in Mrs. H's family).

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,571
    Ivan those are beautiful. To hear the history you have with them is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,926
    edited December 2020
    I would like to hear these:

Revel-Performa-M126Be_WH_Pair_RT-1605x1605px.png

Revel M126Be
  • mhardy6647
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    wow.

The jade plants here mostly cling to life.
    That said, they're ancient -- some are pushing a century old (in Mrs. H's family).
    A century old is young for a Jade plant. I was told once that they do not start blooming until 75-80 yrs old. Mine is every bit 100 yrs old (well the parent plant would be ). My grandmother gave me the start from a plant she got as a teenager from her mother. If my gma was still alive she would be over 100. I got the start as a teenager, I'm over 55. The secret I found was they need darn near freezing weather. I do not bring mine in until after the first frost. After nighttime temps fall into the upper 30's I bring in to the covered back porch until temps fall into lower 30's. Once inside I put it under 4 fluorescent grow lights. I use sylvania 8000k sky bright bulbs at 14hrs a day.
    This one is 5' tall. I also have a finger Jade that I can sometimes get to flower it's only 45yrs old. It nevers blooms near as much as the flat leaf Jade but the flowers are ver similar.

mv9xknfb574j.jpg
    0eqab17gh2ld.jpg

Thanks guys.

again, just, wow.

A semi-related aside: We used to have one jade plant that got so big we started having trouble finding pots to hold it -- it turned out that a well-known bonsai place a town over from us in MA would adopt wayward plants, and they gladly took it from us to give it a new home. This place, apparently, is very well known in the bonsai biz -- their facility is remarkable: part store and part exhibition. If one ever finds oneself in Littleton, MA, it could be worth a visit! :) It's close to I-495, so easy to get to (at least by New England standards)!

https://bonsaiwest.com/
  • mhardy6647
    ygnfom64uv361.jpg

kinda gives new meaning to the phrase "in living color", doesn't it? ;)

I think it is ironic that that's the ectoskeleton of a black and white TV. :#

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,221
    ^^^Cute

Well it could be a washing machine or a dryer...but that would probably cause a riot
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dkmmulej3vhk.jpeg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    1mi939no3a18.png

I like number seven. What breed, if a separate breed? Limited feline knowledge here. Possibly the same breed as 2,3 & 5? Just guessing by the wavy lines on top of the head between the ears.
  • mhardy6647
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    1mi939no3a18.png

I like number seven. What breed, if a separate breed? Limited feline knowledge here. Possibly the same breed as 2,3 & 5? Just guessing by the wavy lines on top of the head between the ears.

Ya got me -- just a funny image from teh webz. My wife texted it to me as we sat, as usual, 10 feet apart in the living room between other activities of the day :)
  • txcoastal1
    edited December 2020
    I say #3 takes it from the gate, looks ready to go and leaner, #5 gets penalized for being crazy
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• mhardy6647
    edited December 2020
    meanwhile, from back in the days (1968, in this case) when the vacuum tube hifi components were cheap and in low demand, since everyone was clamoring for that smooth, cool, hum-free, instant-on transistor sound. :)

bnoocjpz7lme.png

source: https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-Catalogs/Allied-Catalogs/Heathkit-1968.pdf

Collect 'em all! B)

(I have a couple three of the denizens of that 'stack')
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I say #3 takes it from the gate, looks ready to go and leaner, #5 gets penalized for being crazy

#7 longshot, appears to be overweight!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,963

#1 is genetically predisposed to be the superior athlete!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,956
    meanwhile, from back in the days (1968, in this case) when the vacuum tube hifi components were cheap and in low demand, since everyone was clamoring for that smooth, cool, hum-free, instant-on transistor sound. :)

bnoocjpz7lme.png

source: https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-Catalogs/Allied-Catalogs/Heathkit-1968.pdf

Collect 'em all! B)

(I have a couple three of the denizens of that 'stack')

Yea back when the dollar was worth something.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,926
    edited December 2020
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,150
    edited December 2020
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,977
    ^^^Cute

Well it could be a washing machine or a dryer...but that would probably cause a riot

more perhaps an oven or microwave
  • mhardy6647
    zu7h1hjgccu3.png

The irony of that license plate is profound.

or...

[i"]Toto, I don't think we're in Texas any more."[/i]

:#
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,236
    That trade in value is um well you're going to pay someone to take that one.
  • txcoastal1
    We have a couple couple events in Houston Galveston...
    Annual Art Car Parade

https://www.thehoustonartcarparade.com/

Mardi Gras Galveston