Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,275
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Dave and Mark. Here is a shot I took a couple months back with the 12” SCT and Nikon D5500 (click on it and zoom in. Very detailed)

h2ak1j1h9rj3.jpeg

A great photo. Let's see it again.
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,494
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    9z59pnr9m57g.jpg

That would be a lot funnier if it weren’t true... *facepalm*
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,293
    Here's an audio picture B)
    (not mine -- in case that's not obvious)

o2ykm7fixwon.png
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,617
    I would venture to say that the above photo represents a horrid sounding system. I cringe just looking at it.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,557
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

o2ykm7fixwon.png

Is that EQ how Bose tunes thier speakers? No highs, no lows, must be Bose???

Looks like a panel from the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,293
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I would venture to say that the above photo represents a horrid sounding system. I cringe just looking at it.

Tom

I am hopin' the owner has that EQ switched out. :o

o2ykm7fixwon.png

Kinda reminded me of this one....:-)

bfeuk63pk9r1.jpeg
    daddyjt wrote: »

o2ykm7fixwon.png

Kinda reminded me of this one....:-)

bfeuk63pk9r1.jpeg

Haha, I never noticed the Carver M500 in that movie!
    Then there’s The EQ setting from the stereo in Risky Business.... ugh....

x66n5fefkz00.jpeg
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,751
    edited June 16
    Tony M wrote: »
    I wanted to check the size of the woofer inside my JBL "professional" Subwoofers

la1js8fc2j1u.png

Tony those subs are massive! Holy cow. Man I would love to test those out with some of my favorite bass heavy tracks like "Beatroots - Navigation".
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,378
    edited June 16
    I think they would do those kinds of tracks justice. ;)
    They're so easy to drive too! :)

Just tapping those cones makes bass sounds that brings a big smile to my face! That 15" cone in the big-upper is built like the subs cone. It too, makes a nice bass sound just from tapping it. :D

Today while organizing some more, I REALLY wanted to hook them up again but didn't. Time for that later on this week or weekend. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 8,082
    That equalizer would work mighty fine with Cerwin Vegas.
    Let the party begin !!! 🎵🎵🎵📣📣
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    I think they would do those kinds of tracks justice. ;)
    They're so easy to drive too! :)

Just tapping those cones makes bass sounds that brings a big smile to my face! That 15" cone in the big-upper is built like the subs cone. It too, makes a nice bass sound just from tapping it. :D

What type of amplifier will you hook up to the subs/mains? Do the JBLs require speakon connectors or do they accept bare wire?

This would be a great setup to point into the backyard for a bbq. A loud bbq.
    edited June 17
    The subs have a bar with about 5 or 6 screw terminals I think.

The others have both screw terminals and speakon also. I know a couple have wires just coming out from the connection plate. :# But I haven't looked at them for a long time.

I did look directly at the woofers connections kind-of yesterday while looking to get a better grip to move them around. I wrestled them around the room yesterday, today AND tonight and didn't pay any attention to their rear hook-ups much. I will be looking at them later on in a month or so when I get things more organized. Some speakers need re-wiring but all the speakers play fine.

I used a cheap Pyle Hybrid receiver when I tested them years ago, Yea, I know...Pyle? I didn't want to short a nice receiver out on the first testing. I haven't listened to them since. But when I had the subs on sp. A and I believe the 12" smaller tops on sp. B, it sounded like a live band, full range kick a** full range sound. I was like this... :DB):p<3. Really. :)

I can't believe I have them all up against the wall and organized now. :D Man they've been in the way!

Here they all are. I counted these 7 huge speakers for a couple of weeks lately and I thought I bought 8. I thought I was going crazy! I couldn't see the 8th speaker anywhere. Today I found it. :o
    So I'm not THAT crazy yet. :D

6wobsu4ma1en.png
    b2ytwifzyocg.png
    tia1nhsa7mk7.png

Little by little...

OMG, those are so massive. You could host your own concert!
    I could! :p:D

A friend gave me a Crown amp (I think it is ) with 1000 watts per/chan. or some crazy specs JUST to power those woofers or something in this set-up. I've yet to do that yet.
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,904
    [quote=
    Little by little...

[/quote]

Tony was there a sale on shadeless lamps in the neighborhood?
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,275
    edited June 17

6wobsu4ma1en.png
    b2ytwifzyocg.png
    tia1nhsa7mk7.png

Little by little...

Tony, I love that storage building. Don't ever stop taking pictures of the contents.

Harry

It's a MAN's World

Before Chris Stapleton became too refined

If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,269
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    [quote=
    Little by little...

Tony was there a sale on shadeless lamps in the neighborhood?[/quote]

there was also a sale on plastic storage bins. Buy one shade less lamp, get 4 storage bins for 50%off
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Did you take that Tom? That's an amazing shot.
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,617
    No sir. I wish I did, I'd love to have this one hanging on the wall.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~