Feel the hate thread

1151617181921»

Comments

  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 7,674
    edited April 2020
    o5wy2jxnjs85.jpeg
    6dfuftj53sw2.jpg
    I hate hail hate it, one of my trucks got damaged, the roof, siding, dog kennel. Lots of damage in the area car dealerships houses quite a stretch of land got hit. Insurance companies are going to get a lot of claims. Go%÷%÷#@mn Hail. Those hail stones were not even the bigger ones those were the ones I collected off the deck with out having to go out in the storm.

    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

    2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

    Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

    Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,837
    :o
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 11,744
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    o5wy2jxnjs85.jpeg
    6dfuftj53sw2.jpg
    I hate hail hate it, one of my trucks got damaged, the roof, siding, dog kennel. Lots of damage in the area car dealerships houses quite a stretch of land got hit. Insurance companies are going to get a lot of claims. Go%÷%÷#@mn Hail. Those hail stones were not even the bigger ones those were the ones I collected off the deck with out having to go out in the storm.

    Drove right into one yesterday morning in the dark at 5:30am just south of Arlington/Dallas area ...cracked my windshield in 2 places

    I knew thunderstorms were going to pop but usually the atmosphere is stable early morn and doesn’t produce hail

    Most hail in Dallas area between 2pm to 10pm
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

    erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • anonymouse
    anonymouse Posts: 2,684
    Got hit by hail a couple weeks ago. My car is not damaged, but about 6 of my neighbors have roofers signs in their yard. The question is... what should I do? Order an inspection?
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,295
    We are all in this together............................................
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

    Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

    "All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,897
    together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,802
    afterburnt wrote: »
    together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together together

    We've Only Just Begun.

  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,381
    I hate it when I'm expecting to pay about 500$ to get the pool heater working and cleaned only to find out that the heater is toast!!! The new one should be arriving tomorrow and installed tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning.
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Nintendo Switch and Xbox 360 Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium, Neutron App or Amazon Music to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,385
    Willow wrote: »
    I hate it when I'm expecting to pay about 500$ to get the pool heater working and cleaned only to find out that the heater is toast!!! The new one should be arriving tomorrow and installed tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning.

    Should have had a 1952 Hotpoint.

    I understand your frustration.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,425
    I hate that people are still hoarding hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol. I mean...how much of stuff can someone possibly drink?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 7,674
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    o5wy2jxnjs85.jpeg
    6dfuftj53sw2.jpg
    I hate hail hate it, one of my trucks got damaged, the roof, siding, dog kennel. Lots of damage in the area car dealerships houses quite a stretch of land got hit. Insurance companies are going to get a lot of claims. Go%÷%÷#@mn Hail. Those hail stones were not even the bigger ones those were the ones I collected off the deck with out having to go out in the storm.

    Drove right into one yesterday morning in the dark at 5:30am just south of Arlington/Dallas area ...cracked my windshield in 2 places

    I knew thunderstorms were going to pop but usually the atmosphere is stable early morn and doesn’t produce hail

    Most hail in Dallas area between 2pm to 10pm

    How did the rest of your vehicle fare? We had another hail storm since then that one didnt phase me the damage was already done from the first one. Sorry to hear about your predicament say it with me I hate effing hail storms.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

    2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

    Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

    Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 7,674
    edited April 2020
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Got hit by hail a couple weeks ago. My car is not damaged, but about 6 of my neighbors have roofers signs in their yard. The question is... what should I do? Order an inspection?

    Have the roofers that do your neighbors roofs inspect your roof if they find damage file a claim with your insurance company look at your vehicle in the sunlight bend down level with the hood and look closely if you dont see any damage you got lucky.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

    2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

    Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

    Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 8,312
    I was going to post in this thread but I was afraid (and afeared) that someone might throw shade at me.

    ........or on me, or whatever the **** that expression is.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,802
    edited April 2020
    I was going to post in this thread but I was afraid (and afeared) that someone might throw shade at me.

    ........or on me, or whatever the **** that expression is.


    Wait -- do you hate that expression? Is that what you're saying?

    B)
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 532
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I hate that people are still hoarding hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol. I mean...how much of stuff can someone possibly drink?

    Switch to witch hazel, that should quell the DTs

  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,304
    i hate lil children and grandmas.......................
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,055
    edited May 2020
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Got hit by hail a couple weeks ago. My car is not damaged, but about 6 of my neighbors have roofers signs in their yard. The question is... what should I do? Order an inspection?

    I asked one of my insurance companies storm claims team to come look at my roof first before I filed a claim. They knew my area had claims and agreed to come out. They found damage where I didn't see any. They went ahead and filed a claim.

    I went ahead and put on a hidden fastener steel roof. Guaranteed for a hundred years, paint guaranteed for 75. That house will never need a roof in my lifetime.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,315
    I hate it when someone says that they are going to update your servers when they get to working on the subnet set that they are on and they will let you know when they get there.

    Then, they don't do any of that and update the subnet...but leave your servers off the update list. So your servers don't get updated.

    Then, in the status meeting with senior leadership that you aren't in 'cause you weren't invited, senior leadership points to your servers on the report and asks why they aren't done. The project team then blames you for not following up and your manager comes back at you and tells you that you messed up and that's why the servers aren't done. Despite the fact that you are part of infrastructure security, not the server infrastructure team and you aren't management, just a lead engineer getting told by your oblivious manager that you messed up because everyone else didn't do something.

    But, it's your fault for not following up with those people despite them saying that they would handle it. But it's still your fault despite the fact that you are not part of the server infrastructure team, you are not the manager of the server infrastructure team, you are not the project manager for the upgrade process nor are you the manager of the project managers. So despite having no authority or responsibility for the project or to make sure that the infrastructure team does not only what they are supposed to do but what they told you they would do in the project meeting about it, you're still responsible. Because you didn't follow up despite being explicitly told you didn't have to. So you're responsible because you didn't do any level of management's job and play babysitter to people that you have no authority over who were supposed to have their job handled.

    I am really tired of dealing with amateurs masquerading as professionals.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 9,461
    People who think the solution to one of their headlights going out is to drive around with their high beams on either for more visibility or so they don't get pulled over for having one side out. I hate you.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

    Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,310
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Got hit by hail a couple weeks ago. My car is not damaged, but about 6 of my neighbors have roofers signs in their yard. The question is... what should I do? Order an inspection?

    I asked one of my insurance companies storm claims team to come look at my roof first before I filed a claim. They knew my area had claims and agreed to come out. They found damage where I didn't see any. They went ahead and filed a claim.

    I went ahead and put on a hidden fastener steel roof. Guaranteed for a hundred years, paint guaranteed for 75. That house will never need a roof in my lifetime.

    Was thinking about those steel roofs myself. Tell me, does it sound noisy when rain or hail hits that metal roof ? Is there some sort of sound barrier they put under it ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,055
    tonyb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Got hit by hail a couple weeks ago. My car is not damaged, but about 6 of my neighbors have roofers signs in their yard. The question is... what should I do? Order an inspection?

    I asked one of my insurance companies storm claims team to come look at my roof first before I filed a claim. They knew my area had claims and agreed to come out. They found damage where I didn't see any. They went ahead and filed a claim.

    I went ahead and put on a hidden fastener steel roof. Guaranteed for a hundred years, paint guaranteed for 75. That house will never need a roof in my lifetime.

    Was thinking about those steel roofs myself. Tell me, does it sound noisy when rain or hail hits that metal roof ? Is there some sort of sound barrier they put under it ?

    No not at all noisy. All but one side I tore off down to plywood, put down 30# felt and laid the steel down. One side I left shingles on but laid down 1/4" fanfold foam then the steel over. I do not recommend that I was extremely dissatisfied with that small section, and never did it again.


    Now the steel I used was 18" not the 36". All fasteners are under a steel lip that the next piece locked on to. Mine I bought from Menards. At this time there is now many types, some now look like shingles and are the size of shingles. I do not know the warranty of them. I also didn't have a bunch of vent pipe sticking out of the roof to cut. My three vents were very easy to cut tightly and put a rubber boot with an internal easily moldable piece of metal to mold to the steel surface. Mold to surface pull up lay down beads of silicone under flange, screw down with neoprene washer screws. 100% leak free.

    The steel I used was IIRC class 5 rated for hail, fire and high winds. The section I used the foam under was the only section to show a few dents after a bad storm with near golf ball sized hail. One of the reasons I would steer clear of foam under the steel. The steel also made the attic and house cooler as it reflects so much heat away. While doing it in cooler weather the reflection from the sun made you very hot even though it was less than 70°. You could really feel to heat coming off it. Mine was a dark gray color, it also had a very high energy rating. It also doesn't hold snow and rain like a asphalt roof. During high snow you could hear the THUMP on the ground as the snow slid off during snowstorms. I quickly understood why the manufacturer warned against having gutters installed. You'll have no ice dams in the winter as the little sun you get warms the steel enough to clear any ice or snow on the roof.

    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,802
    The worst thing about metal roofing is also the best thing -- it sheds snow. That's why it is so popular here in the Frozen White North. It can also be a little hazardous when one is shoveling outside ;)
    ... and, if the snow is wet/heavy/slushy, the sound of it plopping to earth can be enough to awaken one in the middle of the night.
    On the other hand, one doesn't have to worry too much about one's roof collapsing under a heavy snow load -- i.e., don't have to shovel off the roof, or use a roof rake. :)
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,304
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Got hit by hail a couple weeks ago. My car is not damaged, but about 6 of my neighbors have roofers signs in their yard. The question is... what should I do? Order an inspection?

    I asked one of my insurance companies storm claims team to come look at my roof first before I filed a claim. They knew my area had claims and agreed to come out. They found damage where I didn't see any. They went ahead and filed a claim.

    I went ahead and put on a hidden fastener steel roof. Guaranteed for a hundred years, paint guaranteed for 75. That house will never need a roof in my lifetime.

    Was thinking about those steel roofs myself. Tell me, does it sound noisy when rain or hail hits that metal roof ? Is there some sort of sound barrier they put under it ?

    No not at all noisy. All but one side I tore off down to plywood, put down 30# felt and laid the steel down. One side I left shingles on but laid down 1/4" fanfold foam then the steel over. I do not recommend that Ihear the THUMP on the ground as the snow slid off during snowstorms. I quickly understood why the manufacturer warned against having gutters installed. You'll have no ice dams in the winter as the little sun you get warms the steel enough to clear any ice or snow on the roof.

    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT

    with the metal roof you do not want gutters up in the snowy North, but where it never snows would you use gutters?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,055
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Got hit by hail a couple weeks ago. My car is not damaged, but about 6 of my neighbors have roofers signs in their yard. The question is... what should I do? Order an inspection?

    I asked one of my insurance companies storm claims team to come look at my roof first before I filed a claim. They knew my area had claims and agreed to come out. They found damage where I didn't see any. They went ahead and filed a claim.

    I went ahead and put on a hidden fastener steel roof. Guaranteed for a hundred years, paint guaranteed for 75. That house will never need a roof in my lifetime.

    Was thinking about those steel roofs myself. Tell me, does it sound noisy when rain or hail hits that metal roof ? Is there some sort of sound barrier they put under it ?

    No not at all noisy. All but one side I tore off down to plywood, put down 30# felt and laid the steel down. One side I left shingles on but laid down 1/4" fanfold foam then the steel over. I do not recommend that Ihear the THUMP on the ground as the snow slid off during snowstorms. I quickly understood why the manufacturer warned against having gutters installed. You'll have no ice dams in the winter as the little sun you get warms the steel enough to clear any ice or snow on the roof.

    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT

    with the metal roof you do not want gutters up in the snowy North, but where it never snows would you use gutters?

    Probably.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,581
    Jstas wrote: »
    I hate it when someone says that they are going to update your servers when they get to working on the subnet set that they are on and they will let you know when they get there.

    Then, they don't do any of that and update the subnet...but leave your servers off the update list. So your servers don't get updated.

    Then, in the status meeting with senior leadership that you aren't in 'cause you weren't invited, senior leadership points to your servers on the report and asks why they aren't done. The project team then blames you for not following up and your manager comes back at you and tells you that you messed up and that's why the servers aren't done. Despite the fact that you are part of infrastructure security, not the server infrastructure team and you aren't management, just a lead engineer getting told by your oblivious manager that you messed up because everyone else didn't do something.

    But, it's your fault for not following up with those people despite them saying that they would handle it. But it's still your fault despite the fact that you are not part of the server infrastructure team, you are not the manager of the server infrastructure team, you are not the project manager for the upgrade process nor are you the manager of the project managers. So despite having no authority or responsibility for the project or to make sure that the infrastructure team does not only what they are supposed to do but what they told you they would do in the project meeting about it, you're still responsible. Because you didn't follow up despite being explicitly told you didn't have to. So you're responsible because you didn't do any level of management's job and play babysitter to people that you have no authority over who were supposed to have their job handled.

    I am really tired of dealing with amateurs masquerading as professionals.


    I hate long posts! And all of my ex-wives. Oh and people who whine about stuff they hate!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

    by Dr. Sardonicus