Feel the hate thread

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Dear whoever did this I hope you get Coronavirus.

pwcan26g3zl3.jpg

You can pull that out with a plunger.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    charley96 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Yes. The world could use less people that lack personal responsibility so rona for them.

I would talk to a dent wizard before going to a body shop. One may or may not be able to remove the dent. That route would be better if possible over a respray. Sorry that happened to ya.

These dent wizards -- are they like Billy Crystal's character in The Princess Bride?

https://youtu.be/7qVlNiAYshQ

Where does one find them (if not at the body shops of our land)? Do you look under Dent or Wizard in the Yellow Pages?

:|

In all seriousness (well, some seriousness), my father had a set of (quite vintage) body and fender tools for just such actions. I didn't really give serious consideration to keeping them when we helped him downsize, though.

Just Google Paintless dent removal in your area. You might even find one that can fix it in your driveway. You'd be amazed at what those guys can do.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I HATE.....HATE stupid new terms like "claps back"....
    is your hate limited to the “stupid,” or any new terms?

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I just looked up "claps back".

I wish I hadn't. :'(
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    dumb right?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    Is that one of those neologisms from the hood?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited April 2020
    Neologisms from the Hood.

That, I surmise, was a Spike Lee movie that didn't fare well with test audiences.

B)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I don’t watch much “normal” TV (mostly Netflix, Prime, etc), but I happened to have the tv on network tonight. For the love of everything holy, every commercial now is “we’re in this together”, “you got this”, “we’re here for you in these difficult times”, “do your part, social distance”, and on and on and on and....

I won’t repeat THAT mistake any time soon...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I don’t watch much “normal” TV (mostly Netflix, Prime, etc), but I happened to have the tv on network tonight. For the love of everything holy, every commercial now is “we’re in this together”, “you got this”, “we’re here for you in these difficult times”, “do your part, social distance”, and on and on and on and....

Yep, what a bunch of BS.
    I won’t repeat THAT mistake any time soon...

Amen
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    "There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. For the next hour we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the brainwash limits."
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    Another couple I get tired of hearing: "What do you make of that" and "At the end of the day".
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    charley96 wrote: »
    Another couple I get tired of hearing: "What do you make of that" and "At the end of the day".

Is it the wording? What if they said "What's your opinion?" or "All that matters is..."
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    Well, you know what they say --
    It is what it is.

B)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I hate it when people say "It is what it is".

I also hate people who say "...a person who needs no introduction..." and then they **** introduce the **** anyway.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2020
    Jstas wrote: »
    I hate it when people say "It is what it is".

Exactly! :)
    ... or as a guy who worked for me a long time ago (at two different places -- come to think of it) used to say: "No matter where you go, there you are.
    I also hate people who say "...a person who needs no introduction..." and then they **** introduce the **** anyway.

Reminds me of the old George Carlin shtick:
    And here's a partial score: Texas A&M, 10

• afterburnt
    How bout 'not to change the subject" knowing that they intend to change the subject.?
  • mhardy6647
    I always change the subject.

but I digress...
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    How bout 'not to change the subject" knowing that they intend to change the subject.?

That's a good question!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Wait what WAS the subject again?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Stupid work place jokes.

Working hard or hardly working?

Wow, what a comedian.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Oh, work place jokes?

You mean like "Man, the fact that you own a lake proves we pay you too much!"
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    I hate Mickey mouse and bran muffins
  • mhardy6647
    You know what this thread needs?
    This thread needs Tom T. Hall.

https://youtu.be/3FgNBy-dh5E

B)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I hate 4:30am...it's the worst. Day in, day out.

I feel sluggish this morning...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    wake at 4am off to work 5a until 5pm way too old for this chit.......................
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2020
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I hate 4:30am...it's the worst. Day in, day out.

I feel sluggish this morning...

Calvin can empathize:

a0b9wk171hcx.png

Won't make you feel any better, but I, too, used to get up at 4:45 am for work, every day. Mostly to stay ahead of as much of the AM commute as possible -- but also to have some quiet time at work to actually get some stuff done before someone opened the insanity spigot. :#

Amusingly, though, even post-retirement, we got up at 4:45 every Tuesday morning, 'cause Mrs. H still goes (went) to the North Short to volunteer for MA Audubon every Tuesday.
    Probably goes without saying that we've been sleeping in on Tuesday mornings for a little while here of late (since Mrs. H got back from Colombia, in fact; late March).

:p
  • afterburnt
    I feel stromatoliteish every morning...
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2020
    I feel stromatoliteish every morning...

Heck, they're even older than @F1nut

B)

36xj4anxjpg1.png

For those times when Stramato is just a tad too much -- there's Stramatolite!
  • afterburnt
    Yeah, looks like a lump of dew dew that just sits there and does nothing. Yep, that's how I feel.
  • mhardy6647
    Remnants of the oldest living things known (at least last I knew).