Scary virus outbreak in China

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Spam, Twinkies and canned tuna shelf life will probably outlast the rest of my life that's for sure. Makes sense if your gonna stock up in something, make it something with a long shelf life.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    ptrooper wrote: »
    :/ Nope,,its off via radio info! 5 minutes ago...
    F1nut wrote: »

Yep, just read the latest.....unhappy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2020
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    2nvnqcete6pq.jpg
    Well, well, well, it appears I struck gold after a trip to two Walmarts, a Hy-Vee, Costco, with no luck finding toilet paper (we actually needed some) I found 1 6 pack of double Charmin last one says 6 rolls = 24 rolls not sure how unless I limit it to 1 square per s..t🤣 I found it at the hippie health food store of all places they had 2 12 packs of some organic unbleached toilet paper at $ 13.99 a pop which I figured the money is on the 6 rolls that equals 24 rolls of Charmin.

I figured since it is unbleached it might add some extra protection in the nether regions. The rest of this stash is stuff I found that might come in handy from each of the other stores. I cant wait to bust into the spam but will hold off until it's necessary. The wife was surprised I splurged for the Charmin, I was quick to tell her dont get used to it once this scare passes it's back to the Great Value single ply TP. The freezer is full of Venison a couple of Turkeys and lots of Crappie and Walleye filets, plus we got a huge bag of rice we got from Costco a while back that were still working on. As far as I'm Concerned the Gudnoyez"s are Riding The Storm Out good luck to you all.

I see you're not taking the "boost the immune system" approach ha ha. Enjoy!
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    March break for us is next week. We just heard that Ontario has decided to close all publicly funded schools for 2 weeks after. Kids won't be returning until April 5.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    It is so funny how people complain about the market.

Every thing in the market is an opportunity. Now. Reading posts on here one thing is painfully apparent. You put your money into someone else’s hands to manage. Expecting constant returns. Also funny how some may mention support pain points. If the graphs people use are so great, why didn’t it see this coming? Graphs and algorithms do not take into account earnings, news, and things beyond the mathematical control.

Yeah. 401K. I never believed in it but took advantage of the free money my current and previous companies contributed. Regardless if I do or not. I don’t depend on 401K for retirement. I depend on myself.

As for the market. There is this simple concept called shorts. Calls, Puts.

If you sold out in fear with a strong belief it would tank. Why didn’t your beliefs also lead you to short everything? I am curious. Maybe some people have this managed by some company by someone they have never met or have lunch or dinner with. I sure as Eff would not trust some person at some institution with my life’s work.

Oh the beauty of the market. I love it. Making a killing!
  • halen
    I also want to say in advance. If you are losing your life’s work due to the market or a lot. Just know. You are not the only one. There are countless others. My positions are all down, but I also have multiple accounts to hedge without selling.

Good luck to all. This is a great time to slowly buy in at steep discounted prices.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    That’s because it’s BBQ season, we throw hurricane parties when we get days off
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Yikes. What is normally on those shelves? TP?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    In the refrigerated section, Bud?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halen
    treitz3 wrote: »
    In the refrigerated section, Bud?

Tom

Come on Tom. TP seedlings...
  • treitz3
    Ah, they are growing...you just can't see them yet. Gotcha.

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    That pick was after Harvey when the shelves were waiting to be restocked
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• halen
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Ah, they are growing...you just can't see them yet. Gotcha.

Tom

Hehehehehe. Competition against your FS. They may sell the TP 2 for $23. Hahaha brutal world we live in. Good thing. Most agree to close the borders now. And Hill.... Clin... books are flying off the shelf now. Great alternative for TP.

Eff yeah. I said it.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Bingo Halen. You can make money in either direction the market moves.

Someone mentioned a vaccine is a year out. It's already in the human testing phase. Which one would think that the government would fast track that process. I won't be surprised if we see one before summer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    la2vegas wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    That pick was after Harvey when the shelves were waiting to be restocked

No you're mistaken. HEB in Friendswood 1 hour ago.

Well just called them. That’s my HEB, and you’re correct. I’m working Out of town south of Dallas but spoke with the wife and she confirmed

The problem is panic and hoarding. It’s not the supply it’s the transport time to replenish.

We’re not eating/using more....we are trying to store more than we need.

I buy half cows, chicken and pork package plus I hunt. I have a ton of freezer space because I share with my family so we are stocked.

• tonyb
    9u74eksj21ge.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • treitz3
    Well, Tony....if you follow the money? It all traces back to the TP companies.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    erniejade wrote: »
    Spam, Twinkies and canned tuna shelf life will probably outlast the rest of my life that's for sure. Makes sense if your gonna stock up in something, make it something with a long shelf life.

I'd rather an MRE than Spam or hot dogs.
  • BlueFox
    What concerns me is if this virus affects a larger percentage of the population then shortages everywhere for everything will become common place. I suppose I could buy a freezer to guard against that, and I will look into that. However, who is going to keep the power on when that starts failing? These are definitely interesting times.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    Bud, you guys have had power outages way before this virus.

You act like the world as we know it is coming to an end. Chill bro, smoke some weed. , turn on the tunes, everything is going to be ok.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Uncharted waters now,

If there is a storm and the normal run on local supply it is refilled from other areas of the country. Here the problem is it's the entire country clearing the shelves.

Expect for a few months there to be a ration on basic items
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • BlueFox
    edited March 2020
    tonyb wrote: »

You act like the world as we know it is coming to an end. Chill bro, smoke some weed. , turn on the tunes, everything is going to be ok.

As long as this virus continues to expand, the world, for most of us, is coming to an end. Civilization is very fragile, and it won’t take much to collapse it. Even though I am 70, I am not in any rush to die. Ignoring what is occurring in the world is not conducive to survival. ‘Better safe than sorry’ is applicable here.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    BlueFox wrote: »
    As long as this virus continues to expand, the world, for most of us, is coming to an end.
    Glass half full kinda guy, right?

Tom

• BlueFox
    Just honest and realistic.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen

As long as this virus continues to expand, the world, for most of us, is coming to an end. Civilization is very fragile, and it won’t take much to collapse it. Even though I am 70, I am not in any rush to die. Ignoring what is occurring in the world is not conducive to survival. ‘Better safe than sorry’ is applicable here.

Bud. Your worries do not lack merit. Are your worries based on your own thoughts or from another source? Something that feeds and flames and worries.
    Take care my friend.
  • BlueFox
    Halen, good question. As I have gotten older, I have been thinking of my mortality. Old age I can deal with. Some BS virus, that probably came from a lab, irritates me. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    halen wrote: »

Bud. Your worries do not lack merit. Are your worries based on your own thoughts or from another source? Something that feeds and flames and worries.
    Take care my friend.

Halen in Bud’s defense and concerns he was in the hospital at the end of last year. He also falls into the lethal statistic due to his age

This discussion has been closed.