Scary virus outbreak in China

This seems to only have been in the news for a month, but China has already quarantined 11 cities, and millions of people. At some point, a virus is going to mutate into a worldwide killer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/china/wuhan-coronavirus-update-intl-hnk/index.html
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    2 cases found the US, one in a Washington state man who had travelled to China and now one in Chicago.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/us-warns-travel-chinese-province-coronavirus-death-toll/story?id=68497698
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I think this is what I must have. I've got a bit of sinus pressure and drainage the past few days. And a dry cough.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Shhhh. It’s really the Andromeda Strain.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Great, yet another scare of doomsday that will have cries of 'Gub'ment people asking for more tax.

They probably already have the cure but it will cost half a household per person to pay....and China will have the cure.

....or not.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I sure had a taste for egg foo young but...
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Great, now I have to wear gloves and a surgical mask when I visit this site.

:|

The CDC also recommends Depends and Trojans for total protection.
    Sal Palooza
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    msg wrote: »
    I think this is what I must have. I've got a bit of sinus pressure and drainage the past few days. And a dry cough.
    There's no cure for what you've got!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Hermitism wrote: »

I’ve heard that scientists have been able to grow the “other half of the brain” in some lab squirrels. There is hopes that a human trial is just around the corner.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922

More cowbell.
    Works every time.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Star Tribune reported two cases found in Minnesota.
    Love yours. https://heavy.com/news/2020/01/minnesota-coronavirus-cases/
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

OH YES THERE IS !! ........ But it is illegal in all 50 states...

Good thing I like ya my friend :p

mrbiron wrote: »

I’ve heard that scientists have been able to grow the “other half of the brain” in some lab squirrels. There is hopes that a human trial is just around the corner.

Now where is @polkfarmboy when you need him...

• treitz3
    Whatever happened to that dweezletwit anyway? Fed-Ex ship him to the wrong mental institution or what?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2020
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to that dweezletwit anyway? Fed-Ex ship him to the wrong mental institution or what?

Tom

Threw in the towel. Heck I do not remember his eBay handle as he was selling there. I think he had one too many UPS,FedEx problems and we gave him too much gruff and he told us all to go place sand in our nether regions.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Yes, that’s a shame he left since he was amusing.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    That he was. One issue right after another.....by the power of 10. "Bless his heart".

Tom
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I think the subject was the member who was flying his new white drone in a snow storm and lost contact with it when he was testing how far it would fly or something. What a character. He may still be out looking for it.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2020
    He left shortly after announcing he was changing his diet and taking better care of himself because he could no longer get a hard-on.

No idea why you would put that out there on CP.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I thought every nation on earth banned Russ from entry so they could prevent this very thing from happening. I thought the Chinese were much smarter than that.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    When you eat bat soup anything is possible:

ue6ohwv7ar82.png
    Wow. That’s a lot of possums.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Wow. That’s a lot of possums.

Those are tender vittles..
  • BlueFox
    I used to have two possums who hung out in my shed. I would see them when I would be in spa at night, and they made a racket coming out of the shed. Thankfully they never had a brood like that.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Would that be considered a plethora of possum ?

I think I may have the Chinese virus because it hurts when I do this:

TUG. TUG. TUG. TUGTUG. TUG.
    TUGTUGTUG. TUG. TUG. TUGTUGTUG.
    TUGTUGTUGTUGTUG. TUUUUUUUUUG

...OUCH......

Sal Palooza
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Where's Elly May Clampett when you need her?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited January 2020
    I believe that the proper collective term would be a mess o'possums.

That's why they're called Opossums (with the silent "O") -- I surmise it represents their Irish origins.

B)

EDIT: Oh. Do make certain any opossum you consume is fully cooked. You wouldn't want to get ptomaine... or pneumonia, for that matter.

:#

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I heard the Chinese authorities claimed to have discovered the source of the virus to be "a snake"....which sounds like a whitewash of sorts. I could be wrong...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I heard the Chinese authorities claimed to have discovered the source of the virus to be "a snake"....which sounds like a whitewash of sorts. I could be wrong...

The snakes revenge being that it is the “Year of the Rat”. ??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
This discussion has been closed.