Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I knows mah FWD cahs... having owned more than a few of 'em (including a coupla embarrassing ones). B)

o8tsfa47d606.png

Not ours, but ours was very similar... a hand-me-down in two-tone silver with bordello red interior. We finally gave up on it the second time the starter fell off of it. :|
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Pics of modded 2011 MINI JCW I used to own. Fun car to drive and it handled very well as it had numerous suspension mods. It would top out about 148 mph.

a5dqmbgble3o.jpg

xt2d033eo5t7.jpg

chjd6dy8sikn.jpg

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Integra Type R one of the best FWD cars ever made.

r9056o9fxi3w.jpg

I had a lesser Integra GSi. I never drove a Type R, but can only imagine, as the GSi's handling was amazing.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I have had a few FWD drive cars. All of them built in the good, old US of A. B)

plumblrp711b.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited December 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Yep.

Mrs. H's dad had one of the original Olds Toronados ('66 or 67), now that you mention it. Long before I knew her/them... but what cool cars those were. The Eldorados were also cool -- but I loved (and still do) the aesthetics of the original Toronado body style.
    My brother has 2 of those 60s Toronados, a 1973 El Dorado convertible, a 1976 El Dorado hardtop, and a 1969 Buick Riviera absolutely identical (color, trim, wheels, everything) to the one seen in "Harold and Maude". :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-xSnqTa7l8
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited December 2019
    e3nn8cjj14tn.jpg
    7exe7iomz1jz.jpg
    49f8js9q5cp9.jpg 1986/7 Buick Regal with Buick 307 motor. Presidential Model. Dodge D150 I think. It had a slant 6 in it & I bought a Dodge Diplomat & took the 318 & tranny out & put it in that Dodge shortbed with a floor automatic shifter in it. That's my little Rebecca somewhere around 1997/8 era. Those were our summer vehicles. Wife drove a Toyota Celica gt & I drove my F350 7.5L with 9ft plow blade in winter. Rebecca n dad getting ready to go to BoothBay Harbor. Stoney Lobster Run. The belt was for her to hold on to. Rebecca all grown up now.
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    1vwmjghewv73.jpg Rebecca's favorite place. Lands End. Baileys Island Maine. She takes hours in that dang store. But it makes dad smile
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    9fglcadsgpgy.jpg Like father Like son
    Randy/Maine
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    0w8nvq8gmeby.jpg
    tj1bcu4gj05v.jpg

Merritt Island fishing spot....large building is the VAB at KSC
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Many think its a picture of a large wave at first glance but they are low hanging clouds over KSC...could be a tidal wave pic I guess.....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    1dbj3jsmwh2m.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    ^^^^Ouch, that's gotta hurt
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    joecoulson wrote: »
    And here is the best :

I fat fingered the LOL button at work on my phone. While I disagree, the MK1 GTI is an important car for sure.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    edited December 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I have had a few FWD drive cars. All of them built in the good, old US of A. B)

plumblrp711b.jpg

I would pay to see that or the really old cars Mr. Hardy posted go around a track. :D Understeer city!

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Not to discount the Integra at all, I just have seen GTI’s do some amazing things about 15 minutes down the road at Road Atlanta. Unreal handling.

But the Integra is much much better looking.
  • Milito
    edited December 2019
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Not to discount the Integra at all, I just have seen GTI’s do some amazing things about 15 minutes down the road at Road Atlanta. Unreal handling.

But the Integra is much much better looking.

You should ride in a properly set MINI Joe if you think they handle well.

v9dys360ps1s.jpg
    jqjz3bzv38fo.jpg
    b6gtjcaft3g5.jpg

Post edited by Milito on
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Milito
    emernvxstkwg.jpg
  • Nightfall
    n5aa0itoab3v.jpg

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Words to the wise (or not so wise) for this upcoming year...

ml7p7fgepv2f.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~