What are you cooking?

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I've been cooking every night for the past 2 months with the wife preggo (she was on relaxation orders from the doc so I won't let her do anything). Crappy part is too busy to remember to take pictures. HA.

Cake looks good John, is that a hand print from a little one in the middle or from a candle?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Tonight it's just pizza. Kids end summer camp and vaca starts for me. Tomorrow, we will be having mussels.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Sunday morning Southern Biscuits with bacon.

Biscuits made with White Lily flour, buttermilk, and Kerry Gold butter from grass-fed cows. Biscuit method from my Grandmother and Mother. When I was 5 or 6 years old, I remember my Grandmother cooking her biscuits in a wood stove.

ehrhg72xtnic.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    I made a galette. It's truly not peach season without one of these.
    With creme fraiche. Or a bit of good ice cream

2vwlcobv1z0g.png

And if it doesn't leak, you didn't make a good 'un!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I've been cooking every night for the past 2 months with the wife preggo (she was on relaxation orders from the doc so I won't let her do anything). Crappy part is too busy to remember to take pictures. HA.

Cake looks good John, is that a hand print from a little one in the middle or from a candle?

I let the little one help with the decoration... B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943

Biscuits made with White Lily flour, buttermilk, and Kerry Gold butter from grass-fed cows. Biscuit method from my Grandmother and Mother. When I was 5 or 6 years old, I remember my Grandmother cooking her biscuits in a wood stove.

ehrhg72xtnic.jpg

I expect some of these to make our meet Harry! J/k

They look yummy.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    joecoulson wrote: »

ehrhg72xtnic.jpg

I expect some of these to make our meet Harry! J/k

They look yummy.

Thanks Joe!

With country ham too no doubt. I was thinking about it already.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I like the french press coffee too, When you come over, I think you will love the coffee we make...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yum....homemade biscuits.

OH....BTW Steve, don't think I didn't notice your "pre-packaged Lasagna". Don't make me drive out to Iowa to slap ya upside the head. I'll delegate that one to Russ since he's closer. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    341umzcuz4lv.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Beef stake? I take it he isn't a vampire?
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Bet she gives him meat in the can.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    OK, 3 days of eatin' coming up!

Tonight - dinner - Festivus:
    - London Broil (grilled in garlic butter)
    - Roasted Brussels Sprouts (just cut them off the stalk)
    - Buttered noodles

Tomorrow - dinner - Christmas Eve:
    - Filet Mignon
    - Asparagus
    - Mashed Potatoes
    - Roasted Carrots
    - "Pizza Buns" - Dinner rolls made from pizza dough with some sharp provolone and pepperoni in the middle (the kids love them)
    - Sauteed mushrooms, garlic and onions - for the steak of course

Christmas:
    - Linner at the parents' house. Starting around 2-6 pm, buffet style, all the traditional Polish stuff. Gonna be extra fat on pirogi, sauerkraut, kielbasa, ham and potato salad.

Went to the store hoping to find a full beef tenderloin and did so, happy about that. Mainly because they didn't have the rub I normally use for Brisket 'cause there's one of those in the basement. They were out of chicken parts (which was odd otherwise there's be a soup on the menu for tomorrow too) and they were out of anything pork except hams. Does not bode well for New Year's Day. Hopefully I can find some ribs or a shoulder after Christmas 'cause it's good luck to have pork on New Year's Day.

Although...I still have that pork belly in the basement too. Hmmm....maybe braised pork belly kabobs will be in order?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Christmas cookies
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Tonight I did tuscan spiced pork tenderloin on the kamado. For Christmas, I will do a twice smoked ham on the kamado, with loaded potato skins, homemade chicken wings, salad.

What came first? The chicken or the egg?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Christmas dinner will be just me & my wife this year.
    Osso Buco over scratch-made noodles.
    And the best Barrolo I've got downstairs
  • afterburnt
    I would have a frozen pizza but I am too lazy to cook.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Standing Rib Roast with Shrimp in garlic butter over angel hair pasta.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    fxfs2bpaakur.jpg
    gxc5mtoahawp.jpg

Just four of us this Christmas. From my German/Czech half. Roast Pork, Homemade potato dumplings and sauerkraut.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Pretty solid Christmas dinner here too. Watching some Home Alone.

maxresdefault.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    No pic but I just made the best cubed hash browns of my life. Super easy.

Cube up in 1/4" squares 3 yellow potatoes
    Slice up 1/2 an onion and cube
    Slice up about 8 slices of Mezzetta hot jalapeño slices into small chunks
    about a 1/4 cup olive oil
    Shake or 5 of Montreal Steak Seasoning to taste

Now first off, I didn't measure anything (as usual, unless trying a new recipe). Just prepped everything as the cast iron warmed up. Once the handle was hot, I turned up the heat to a little over medium, added oil and dumped everything prepped in. Put on some Steak seasoning and cooked it, tossing every two minutes or so until everything looked done.

Made a simple 3 egg omelet with chopped sausage and cheese to go with it. Now, I have to admit. I'd pay a good deal at a restaurant to have a meal like I just cooked. Damned tasty!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Dice up 6 potatoes,1/2 sweet onion and a half package or more of Hillshire Farms Beef Polish Kielbasa. Pan fry until brown and the potatoes are tender. SUPER yummy! Needs no seasoning.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • afterburnt
    I like hashbrowns in my waffle maker. It's supposed to be good for a lot of stuff other than waffles that I haven't tried yet but it's great for really crisp hash browns.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    James35w reported