Showcase your setups

Comments

• 3D imaging is really important to me. Being a small room,I can't get far enough away from larger speakers to accomplish this. And yes,larger speakers do overpower a small room like this. A couple of Years ago I had a pair of EPI 180's in here. I absolutely loved those speakers,but they were just too friggin big for my room. They did everything well except imaging. Sadly they had to go. My wife and I live in the house I grew up in. My listening room now, was mine,and my brothers childhood bedroom. When I was 16,I purchased my first pair of 180's. I had those stuffed in the bedroom with,2 beds,a dresser,a chest and a nightstand! Loud was my priority then. I can still remember my father pounding on the door screaming at me to "turn that $h!t down!!" Ah,fond memories.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    They're Pangea DS400's. Very stable. I haven't filled them. Yet.

I picked up a pair of them in 28" size for my Wharfedale Dentons. I filled each one with 25lbs (6.25lbs per leg) of #8 lead shot and then topped them off with recycled coal slag blasting media (about 20-22lbs per stand).
    I also lined the bases with Dynamat and used rubber feet on them instead of the spikes since my office floor is laminate.

All in all, I am very happy with the results as they rung like a bell before doing any of that.
    Granted, they weigh about 70lbs each now but after I get them into their final location, they will not be moved.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Interesting speakers. I've seen then in some of your posts. How would you describe the sound?
  • What kind of power do they require to sing?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    3D imaging is really important to me. Being a small room,I can't get far enough away from larger speakers to accomplish this. And yes,larger speakers do overpower a small room like this. A couple of Years ago I had a pair of EPI 180's in here. I absolutely loved those speakers,but they were just too friggin big for my room. They did everything well except imaging. Sadly they had to go. My wife and I live in the house I grew up in. My listening room now, was mine,and my brothers childhood bedroom. When I was 16,I purchased my first pair of 180's. I had those stuffed in the bedroom with,2 beds,a dresser,a chest and a nightstand! Loud was my priority then. I can still remember my father pounding on the door screaming at me to "turn that $h!t down!!" Ah,fond memories.

Lucky you my dad just went to the basement and flipped the breaker to my room... BOOM BOOM OUT GO THE LIGHTS and stereo, black lights on psychedelic posters....Damn it was DARK!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited December 2019
    What kind of power do they require to sing?

I heard them on 35 watts? of tube power and they did well.

In anticipation of your next question, yes they even do Cannibal Corpse pretty well.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    What kind of power do they require to sing?

I heard them on 35 watts? of tube power and they did well.

In anticipation of your next question, yes they even do Cannibal Corpse pretty well.

How about BoxCar Willy?? Or Zamphir,master of the pan flute??
  • Nightfall
    WhY doEs MastersounD wrItE LikE aN IntErNEt TrOlL?

• Nightfall
    I bet they like to make jokes like "Slide those bananas gently into the BoX."

• Nightfall
    tr38v9kochis.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Hey that purple looks familiar....
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Hey that purple looks familiar....

Do you watch a lot of those massage videos?
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    tr38v9kochis.jpg

Gorgeous!!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Agreed^
    That purple is to die for!
  • I'm guessing I haven't been around here long enough to get the reference?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I'm guessing I haven't been around here long enough to get the reference?

Nah...they are just trying to be funny. That is one of Skip's kids' rooms that gets converted to a listening room for get togethers. The room is usually all about the bookies.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • joecoulson
    I wish my kid's room looked like that
  • That color seems to work ok. But then again,I ride a fluorescent green motorcycle.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I wish my kid's room looked like that

mine kinda does... but not purple. B)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    That color seems to work ok. But then again,I ride a fluorescent green motorcycle.

The color works. . .
    I’ve been wanting a purple Harley touring model, but they rarely come up FS. When they do, it’s usually a Shriner. I digress . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • DSkip wrote: »
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

I’m finally healthy again and back on track. That means my room is finally put back together. I’m hoping these beauties will have a new forever home by the end of the year.
    Simply stunning!
  • joecoulson
    Skip - looks great man
  • joecoulson
    Sumthin new on the way?
  • Nightfall
    Oh yeah.

• joecoulson
    Nice - Looks like the xbox is ready to go - just about to jump on some COD campaign
  • joecoulson
    I purchased the new COD over thanksgiving. Been playing campaign (which I just finished)
  • Nightfall
    What's your GT? fjosh here