POLK WE NEED SOME HELP HERE

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,893
    dromunds wrote: »
    Anybody know why my iPhone wants me to do a new password but my iPad keeps working fine?
    @dromunds You must not be using Keychain. If you use Keychain, your passwords are shared with iCloud for all your iOS/iPadOS/ MacOS devices, so an update on your iPad would have updated your iPhone too.

Without that, your iPhone is still signing in with the old password, because it doesn’t know the new one, hence, you’re getting the infamous “update password” request, even though you’ve done it already.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ventureZR1 wrote: »
    Hmm

A pm I got from a member on something I bought yesterday was forwarded to my personal email addy.

WEIRD

that is extra-hyper-weird and even a little unsettling at face value :/

by the way (and I am not bein' flip) -- who were you prior to The Change?
    Sounds as though anyone that might have made changes to their e-mail in their CP account might be getting those ≠ e-mails mixed up? It might explain all those not getting their password reset links...
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    VR3 wrote: »
    Essentially you lost your account if you don't know the email address you registered under or can't access it.

I tried under my Vr3 email and it was an odd name...Tried under my personal and it was vr3

MANDATORY READING!

If you never updated your e-mail on CP, then the link to reset your password is going to an old e-mail... which you may, or may not, be able to access currently. 😑
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Well, I logged in this morning and I got myself a beer...

That sounds like the lyrics to a verse of the legendary long-lost thirtieth Robert Johnson blues song.

ouc1a04pg1ff.png

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042

That sounds like the lyrics to a verse of the legendary long-lost thirtieth Robert Johnson blues song.

Or Johnny Cash.
    Well I woke up Sunday morning
    With no way to hold my head, that didn't hurt
    And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
    So I had one more for dessert
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    The Doors...lol
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Nightfall wrote: »

Or Johnny Cash.

Kris Kristofferson actually wrote that song. "Sunday Morning Comin' Down"
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    msg wrote: »
    What kind of personal information does anyone really have tied here to protect, anyway? All I see is an email address on my profile.
    Heavy handed, poorly planned. Requires a live person to fix.
    My response above was a little rough. I just read up a little on this vulnerability they patched. It was a warranted fix, and Vanilla's response time on it was pretty good.
    I disabled signatures.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Too funny, I thought they finally banned my a55. LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    Nightfall wrote: »

Or Johnny Cash.

Kris Kristofferson actually wrote that song. "Sunday Morning Comin' Down"

Yes he did, and a bleak but magnificent song it is.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Decoder Sheet to figure out who the new screen names belong to:

Endershadow: "I just lost hair where I used to have some! I need Doctor Who to send me back in time."

Partially correct :smile: ..... I haven't lost any hair yet..... that said, its waiting till my girls are a little older and then its all gonna come out at the same time.....

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2019
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Decoder Sheet to figure out who the new screen names belong to:

Endershadow: "I just lost hair where I used to have some! I need Doctor Who to send me back in time."

Partially correct :smile: ..... I haven't lost any hair yet..... that said, its waiting till my girls are a little older and then its all gonna come out at the same time.....

You might have to join the same organization as a VP at my last RFT company: D.A.D.D.
    Dads Against Daughters Dating.

I'd share the poster he had on his door at work, but the sentiment it expressed vis-a-vis potential suitors might be a little too activist for the tender sensibilities of the Polk forum :|
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Too funny, I thought they finally banned my a55. LOL

It took me an embarrassingly long time to decode this post. I was thinkin' it was referring to some sort of high-end Audi product.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    ^I’m familiar with their slogan :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Mine has finally stopped. I can log in now without having to change my password.
  • mhardy6647
    CH46E wrote: »
    Mine has finally stopped. I can log in now without having to change my password.
    That is interesting.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Seems like there's a crop of newbies hanging around lately.

Yeah, huh?

:p
  • Spatz1946
    Spatz1946 Posts: 29
    edited November 2019
    s253xe27nbbb.png

Apparently, Moose68Bash is lost to the future, but not forgotten.

I can still see who I used to be before I got -- well, whatevered -- to coin a new verb.
    AKA "Moose68Bash" before Vanilla involuntarily decommissioned my original handle.
  • mhardy6647
    Spatz1946 wrote: »
    s253xe27nbbb.png

Apparently, Moose68Bash is lost to a the future, but not forgotten.

I can still see who I used to be before I got -- well, whatevered -- to coin a new verb.

there's still hope, you know?

t1h2jmwa1kz2.png
  • This there a TL;DR version of what happened? Was everyone’s password reset to get the spam accounts out?
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• Well I personally want to know who pi$$ed off the hacker! I'm locked out apparently for good... Maybe it was because I tried logging in in a foreign country. Hmpf!
    All tube designed Hello Kitty boom box
    Invisible aluminum wireless Phazer speaker wire
    Free Spirit Teleport Preamp (Literally brings the artists into your living room)
    1.44 JW Flux Capacitor Mono Amps
  • Spatz1946 wrote: »
    s253xe27nbbb.png

Apparently, Moose68Bash is lost to the future, but not forgotten.

Oh man you just blew your new secret identity!
    All tube designed Hello Kitty boom box
    Invisible aluminum wireless Phazer speaker wire
    Free Spirit Teleport Preamp (Literally brings the artists into your living room)
    1.44 JW Flux Capacitor Mono Amps
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I'm wrapped in my moving blanket cause it's cold in Michigan! I am not @Tony M :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • collector
    collector Posts: 19
    edited November 2019
    I was going to use a pic of moving blankets with speakers on them for my avatar. Really, I almost did. :D
    Here it is;
    iqmn5cjo0qix.png
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Just an FYI to whomever helped....

I am in. Thank you.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Just an FYI to whomever helped....

I am in. Thank you.

Tom

Who are you?
  • treitz3
    Micha's brother in-law/father/cousin......Jethro. Cousin of RuSsMaN and Aunt of ScOtT but BrOTheR of MArK andI am ReLatTed To MaTtHeW Polk.

Could be or not.

I report. You decide.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Tom got kicked out again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    No, I didn't.....apparently.

I would like to know why my password keeps getting changed as I go along. I am in, I am out. I am in, I am out....

This is Bull ****

Tom
  • It’s better than just being *out*.....
    Too much gear, too little time....
  • treitz3
    I am back in.....for the moment....

We shall see.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Now that is messed up.