POLK WE NEED SOME HELP HERE

F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,938
edited November 2019 in The Clubhouse
Apparently a number of members got a message saying something about having to change their password. I know of at least one member that cannot log in, period.

Scroll down to the post by mpitogo2

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/187813/looking-forward-to-l800-but-have-concerns-what-are-your-thoughts/p8

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Yup. I’m locked out too ( @Daddyjt ). I no longer have access to the email that my account was set up under, so hoping maybe I can retrieve my original account....
    Too much gear, too little time....
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,938
    I sent an email to Ken Carter.

I'm thinking it's another vanilla issue.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,484
    Had to reset my PW as well. Lame.
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 2,326
    Yeah, just had to reset mine too
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES AVR, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc
    Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) Advent Prodigy (listening)
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • simmsimm Posts: 516
    Had the same message yesterday. Fortunately the email address I used on account was still current so I was able to reset.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,203
    I had too change mine too
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• Same here
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • just had to reset mine too
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,385
    Me2
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
  • ventureZR1ventureZR1 Registered User Posts: 19
    My old name changed ?????
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 3,243
    Just happened to me. I was able to reset my password and get logged back in, so you guys are still stuck with me. Sorry.
    But I did get the 1st comment badge notification...…

Oh Brother...
  • hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 5,285
    I just had to reset.
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
    Man Cave
    Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold
    Integrated Amplifier - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II
    CD: Cambridge Audio
    Speakers - LSiM 703; SDA 2A; Epos Epic 2
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,039
    mpitogo2 wrote: »
    Ummm am I in trouble here? My account got changed and I have a long, secure password and I am unable to change my password...I had a device logged in and now it’s gone?. I’m not getting a password reset e-mail.

yfv36u2i0qle.png

I got that as well, I'm wondering why an administrator felt the need to change stuff?
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,479
    Just had to do mine too. Maybe it's just an automated safety thing and weed out the dead accounts from being hacked.

But this is how it all started last time my account got screwed up.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 3,243
    My password screen wasn't nearly that large. I think I'm starting to suffer from small password syndrome.
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 1,059
    Had to reset mine also.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, 2 REL Carbon Limited, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Denon DP-59l w/Ortofon 2m Bronze, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,062
    Guessing it was a tactic to deal with the recent spate of spammers.
    Better than a hoard of hackers I suppose.
    edited November 2019
    How about someone to just look at the flags we submit as spam and flush them instead of this nuke flush tactics.
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 2,262
    Reset mine . No issues. Just a temporary set back of five minutes. Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,692
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Reset mine . No issues. Just a temporary set back of five minutes. Good luck. D

Same here.
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Martin Logan Grotto sub; Musical Fidelity A308; Cambridge Azur 851N
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM450; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor350; ACI Titan Subwoofer; Squeezebox Touch
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,919
    Quick note - anyone using an email address with his/her ISP might consider getting an account with one of the primary email providers, like Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook. This way, the email address remains a constant, and you're not bound to your internet service provider.

This avoids problems like this one I've been seeing with the member no longer having access to the email address used to create the forum account. Not an uncommon issue.

And for G-sake, you better not be using your work email address for stuff like this. (You know who you are!)
    I disabled signatures.
  • pglbookpglbook Posts: 1,878
    Had to also reset my password.
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 1,706
    edited November 2019
    The funny part about it was after I finished and logged in, it was to an account I never created that looked inactive since 2016! Logged out and then back in and then fine.
    :p

think I'll just stay logged on for a while.
    Old user name still won't work.

No idea where the user name ventureZR1 came from?

Meh....
  • smglbrthsmglbrth Posts: 1,232
    Same "reset password" here too, it did work though...
    ventureZR1 wrote: »
    Old user name still won't work.

No idea where the user name ventureZR1 came from?

Meh....

Old user name?