Found this odd, disturbing and at the same time sad....

Comments

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I'm a problem solver!

fauh5gxjpcnz.jpg

Bummer.......I guess I will have to stop all humorous posts. They mess up my metrics.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    [quote="joecoulson;c-2543995"]That pretty much sums up all posts. [/quote]

If you are referring to ME, quote me please.
    Otherwise it comes off as a stand alone comment, not referencing any particular "That".
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    K_M wrote: »
    [quote="joecoulson;c-2543995"]That pretty much sums up all posts.

Otherwise it comes off as a stand alone comment, not referencing any particular "That".
    [/quote]

Ok now what?
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    [quote="joecoulson;c-2543995"]That pretty much sums up all posts.

[/quote]

I think that sums up club Polk in general. If it's not audio,
    We're just amusing ourselves. Try not to take us too
    seriously. This isn't Twitter.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited October 2019
    joecoulson wrote: »
    That pretty much sums up all posts.

Come on Kelly you can qoute better than that lol
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited October 2019
    afterburnt wrote: »
    That's what I like about the internet, no one ever knows what you really mean. Am I laughing with you at you or cursing you ancestors?

Even I never know what I really mean -- I am like the M*A*S*H TV series' Col. Flagg.

ix5lomlvdwdn.png

I'm happier that way.

• Deltadon
    Deltadon Posts: 94
    edited October 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    That's what I like about the internet, no one ever knows what you really mean. Am I laughing with you at you or cursing you ancestors?

Even I never know what I really mean -- I am like the M*A*S*H TV series' Col. Flagg.

ix5lomlvdwdn.png

I'm happier that way.

This may be more helpful to K_M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlPVBvkr-s
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    So Just recently saw I have 207 "lol's".....Reviewed though them quickly and found 95% or more are from F1nut??

Why do you give a ****?
    Dude seems to have a Stalker Mentality, or some kind of issue. Wow

Possibly, do you believe it's possible to infer that from the number of LoL's?
    Maybe time for another Hobby.

Wait what? Too many LoL's? Are you at all serious that you would allow one individual on an internet forum to determine your hobbies?
    Polk audio speakers and Internet Stalker do not usually go together well......

What speakers go good with internet stalking?

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• Inspector 24
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I believe that would be Bose...

+1 internet
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Inspector 24
    It’s Sunday, Snowing, Coffee is Hott, and I’m bored so here’s my take on this, mostly for K_M, but anybody who’s bitched about F1Nut. Myself included.

But first, why the hell do all you people care about your badges?

TL;DR:
    F1Nut: He comes across as a dick. Take him or leave him. Just my perceptions. Grateful for what he does do. Think he could do the rest a lot better. Or have better success on Facebook.

F1Nut Is simultaneously one of the biggest lurkers and **** posters on this site. Most of what I read from his 42,000+ posts since I’ve been around is one or two sentences telling someone how they’re wrong with little to (usually) no information how they might change it. I generally don’t view him as a positive contributor to the forums, and often find him engaging in adolescent arguments with those he would claim are below his intelligence and experience. Why? I don’t know. Nothing better to do I guess? After 42,000 posts boredom has set in and being the oldest troll under the bridge his last entertainment? I don’t know, but his is a familiar pattern I’ve seen repeated on multiple forums. He’s that established voice who’s been around forever, can be a pain in the ****, and every now and then is extremely helpful. Demo program anyone?

It’s my perception the site has three camps of members; those who like him, those who don’t, and those who don’t know who he his. In different words, a very polarizing online persona who puts a bad taste in newer members mouths from the start. Stating from personal experience and observation.

This is all, of course just my perception based on threads I’ve read or participated in, and yes I’ve butted heads with him before. I certainly haven’t seen everything. Other members seem to hold him in high regard and say he his helpful. Oddly enough I often find those same members quite helpful to individuals and the site as a whole. I can’t always say that about F1Nut, but people I respect on the site seem to respect him. Therefore aside of a ****, grating, ornery, cold impersonal and irritation online persona I tolerate him. Passive ignore his bait posts and focus on what you really need which I suspect is not wasting time on someone who’s not getting you what you need. Unless you need to eat some troll bait, go for it. :D

I don’t believe you need to like someone to appreciate what they do. Thanks for the L200 demo program and other things you’ve done for the forums. Your online personality blows some large four legged mammalian genitals but I’m sure like most of us you’re quite different in person. Final words of the rant, like your mother said if you can’t say something nice, don’t say it; If you can’t post something positive or helpful, don’t. Remember, telling someone they’re wrong without explaining why does them absolutely no good. May I suggest a simple ‘bump’ instead of a snarky comment? After all, this isn’t Facebook. :D
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited October 2019

I believe that would be Bose...

See......That was a funny (something you could laugh at) comment and up to now I would have given you a LOL for a witty remark. Should we still do that?

But now (and knowing LOL is an insult) by giving you one people would think I disagree with your comment and like Bose. Then I would get LOL'd by others!

This is way too confusing......
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2019
    It sure can get exhausting visiting this site any more.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    edited October 2019
    Mighta gotten me banned.
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited October 2019
    I'm gonna LOL myself :)
    Randy/Maine
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    They need to add more specific items to click on at the bottom of people's posts. Yes, I think your post is Insightful, or I Agree with you, Like what you said, or think what you posted is genuinely funny, aka LOL. They're all too positive, meant to keep the warm and fuzzy feeling of the Forum going. This is prompting people to just post snarky things in a post of their own.

Maybe start with Dislike, or if necessary, take it to Kumbaya-land and simply have Disagree? Or maybe a Confused tag, like WTF are you really thinking here? It's better than leaving others to figure out what you really mean, and posting threads about how disrespectful people are (LOL)...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    It sure can get exhausting visiting this site anymore.

Anymore? That doesn't make sense.

Anymore means "no longer".
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited October 2019
    @Inspector 24 Being as we were all "newer members" at some point, I disagree with your observation stating "In different words, a very polarizing online persona who puts a bad taste in newer members mouths from the start. Stating from personal experience and observation."

You are applying your "personal experience and observation" to all newer members, and deciding their opinion for them. It has been years since I was a newer member, but I never thought of F1Nut as leaving a bad taste in my mouth from the start. I believe you would find that to be true from a majority of the people on the forum. The bad taste in peoples' mouths that does exist, is a small minority of people who dislike F1Nut. A vast majority of people on the forum (newer and who have been here for years) find F1Nut to be helpful and a good guy.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    headrott wrote: »
    @Inspector 24 Being as we were all "newer members" at some point, I disagree with your observation stating "In different words, a very polarizing online persona who puts a bad taste in newer members mouths from the start. Stating from personal experience and observation."

You are applying your "personal experience and observation" to all newer members, and deciding their opinion for them. It has been years since I was a newer member, but I never thought of F1Nut as leaving a bad taste in my mouth from the start. I believe you would would find that to be true from a majority of the people on the forum. The bad taste in peoples' mouths that does exist, is a small minority of people who dislike F1Nut. A vast majority of people on the forum (newer and why have been here for years) find F1Nut to be helpful and a good guy.

Amen brother. Not saying Jess makes this fourn happen, to me the fourm would suck but without him..I love the guy and pitty the fools that don't. I guess the OP got the rise it was looking for to post such trash but even I got sucked into it. Now would someone I mean EVERYONE LOL my reply please ! 😃 F1nut Rocks!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • K_M

You are applying your "personal experience and observation" to all newer members, and deciding their opinion for them. It has been years since I was a newer member, but I never thought of F1Nut as leaving a bad taste in my mouth from the start. I believe you would find that to be true from a majority of the people on the forum. The bad taste in peoples' mouths that does exist, is a small minority of people who dislike F1Nut. A vast majority of people on the forum (newer and who have been here for years) find F1Nut to be helpful and a good guy.

Completely disagree. A lot have left the forum or never post based on what a jerk he is. Many who end up staying on the forum, (this is a VERY tiny forum) ARE in fact the few that can tolerate him, or have him on ignore, Or kiss his arse and act silly also.

Sure you are one of the same guys that join in with the same childish crap he does, so of course you like him.

You are not nearly in the same level of jerkdom as he is, but you MUST know the forum has like about a dozen jerks that all jump in and try to gang up on people right??

Or are you oblivious to the truth?
  • K_M

You are applying your "personal experience and observation" to all newer members, and deciding their opinion for them. It has been years since I was a newer member, but I never thought of F1Nut as leaving a bad taste in my mouth from the start. I believe you would would find that to be true from a majority of the people on the forum. The bad taste in peoples' mouths that does exist, is a small minority of people who dislike F1Nut. A vast majority of people on the forum (newer and why have been here for years) find F1Nut to be helpful and a good guy.

Amen brother. Not saying Jess makes this fourn happen, to me the fourm would suck but without him..I love the guy and pitty the fools that don't. I guess the OP got the rise it was looking for to post such trash but even I got sucked into it. Now would someone I mean EVERYONE LOL my reply please ! 😃 F1nut Rocks!

Too bad you are too weak and afraid to say Anything to F1nut, when he posts crap he does, and bashes people in the forum.

You are basically condoning the same crap he does.
    Why not call him out when he posts tons of crap or bashes people.

Too entertaining for you, or too much a coward?
    Or do you simply condone bad behavour?
  • K_M
    It’s Sunday, Snowing, Coffee is Hott, and I’m bored so here’s my take on this, mostly for K_M, but anybody who’s bitched about F1Nut. Myself included.

TL;DR:
    F1Nut: He comes across as a dick. Take him or leave him. Just my perceptions. Grateful for what he does do. Think he could do the rest a lot better. Or have better success on Facebook.

F1Nut Is simultaneously one of the biggest lurkers and **** posters on this site. Most of what I read from his 42,000+ posts since I’ve been around is one or two sentences telling someone how they’re wrong with little to (usually) no information how they might change it. I generally don’t view him as a positive contributor to the forums, and often find him engaging in adolescent arguments with those he would claim are below his intelligence and experience. Why? I don’t know. Nothing better to do I guess? After 42,000 posts boredom has set in and being the oldest troll under the bridge his last entertainment? I don’t know, but his is a familiar pattern I’ve seen repeated on multiple forums. He’s that established voice who’s been around forever, can be a pain in the ****, and every now and then is extremely helpful. Demo program anyone?
    :D

Finally someone willing to call it as most see it.

As I said, helpful at times, but 42,000 posts and 90% or more are arguing, trolling, and bashing people.

Why are the rest of you so afraid to be honest?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    giphy.gif
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • K_M
    joecoulson wrote: »
    That pretty much sums up all posts.

Come on Kelly you can qoute better than that lol

hmm yeah not sure what happened there.
    Even after trying to fix it, it would not quite quote you......but funny!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    I love the fact I'm living rent free inside your head.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707

TL;DR:

It’s my perception the site has three camps of members; those who like him, those who don’t, and those who don’t know who he his. In different words, a very polarizing online persona who puts a bad taste in newer members mouths from the start. Stating from personal experience and observation.

This is all, of course just my perception based on threads I’ve read or participated in, and yes I’ve butted heads with him before. I certainly haven’t seen everything. Other members seem to hold him in high regard and say he his helpful. Oddly enough I often find those same members quite helpful to individuals and the site as a whole. I can’t always say that about F1Nut, but people I respect on the site seem to respect him. Therefore aside of a ****, grating, ornery, cold impersonal and irritation online persona I tolerate him. Passive ignore his bait posts and focus on what you really need which I suspect is not wasting time on someone who’s not getting you what you need. Unless you need to eat some troll bait, go for it. :D

I don’t believe you need to like someone to appreciate what they do. Thanks for the L200 demo program and other things you’ve done for the forums. Your online personality blows some large four legged mammalian genitals but I’m sure like most of us you’re quite different in person. Final words of the rant, like your mother said if you can’t say something nice, don’t say it; If you can’t post something positive or helpful, don’t. Remember, telling someone they’re wrong without explaining why does them absolutely no good. May I suggest a simple ‘bump’ instead of a snarky comment? After all, this isn’t Facebook. :D

You're wrong.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• K_M
    edited October 2019
    @F1nut

I see you are replying on my thread, but again you are on IGNORE> I am no longer reading ANYTHING you Post./
    Something several on the forum told me to do a long time ago.
    I was told you are the forum Troll/Jerk, I tried to give you a chance but found that everyone was right about you.

Please read what Inspector 24 wrote.
    Sadly it agrees with what many have been telling me privately on the forum for the last few years.
    Your days of trolling me are over. Sorry, move on to someone else.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    There must be a whole bunch of people eating urine flavored corn flakes this morning.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson