Formula One 2018

Comments

• recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    The biggest oh ooh was when Mercedes put Hamilton on slicks to soon, I told myself they should have went with a fresh set of inters. Mercedes had the 1,2 locked until that missed step.

It was a good race though, but in the bigger picture Hamilton didn't lose much since Bottas went into the wall. All the others are 100 plus points behind in the driver standings.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,784
    Hamilton told the team it was too early for slicks and he was right. Maybe next time they will listen to the guy behind the wheel.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Yeah buddy!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Well, I'm not sure how someone gets driver of the day from the pole position and loose with 3 laps to go. While the other driver comes from 19 sec back to take the lead. The rest of the field did what was expected, HAAS fell back out of the points, Mclaren held their position and so on. Bottas, I wish he had better luck, but did not fight hard to get back in the race. Red Bull fumbled the win, getting out played by Mercedes and Hamilton showed why he is consider G.O.A.T in the hybrid era.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • F1nut
    Likely because the voting ended before he lost the race. Hamilton.....wow, what a drive!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    One of the few times that a strategy battle created a damned fine race.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,511
    Sorry I had to miss the finish of this one. I left for a birding trip after about 10 laps.
  • Nightfall
    Hamilton is a beast behind the wheel to be sure.

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,752
    Been crazy busy all weekend, just watched the race....wow...what an amazing run by Hamilton.
  • Shake up in the Red Bull camp, Gasley out Albon in. Lets see where this may shape up the 2020 line up.
  • Well, Well the prancing pony got one right (barely). A good first win for Charles and I was more impressed with Vettel willingly playing 2nd fiddle to protect his teammate. Hamilton is becoming the Tiger Woods of F1(any event he's in he can win) Hopefully he will not fall off like Woods. Albon showed he can play like the big boys, the move he pulled on Ricarrdo was right out of Ricarrdo's playbook. Gasley even made a case for himself to stay in F1. Now for the 500 pound gorilla, Max V! bad luck or bad choice he should know that its better to stay in the race than to push a bad position, lucky the stewards just let it slide this time.

As for bad luck, that award has to go to Norris, DNF on last lap of race. HAAS did what they always do, If not for Williams they would be last on the grid at the end of the race.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    RIP Anthoine Hubert.
  • F1nut
    Well qualifying was a royal joke.

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    The race wasn't much less of one. Happy for Chuck but man...Seb is losing his **** left and right. I fully expected a radio transmission of him asking why he was penalized...I mean he can't be expected to *safely* re-enter the course EVERY time can he?!?! /sarcasm
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • One more 1,2 finish for Mercedes and its a wrap for the constructors championship. I think Hamilton can end the chase by COTA and then all the talk will be about why HAAS kept Grosjohn for another year, SMH. Redbull has seemed to found a co-driver for Max, Albon is driving like his life depended on it. Norris could be #1 over at Mclaren next year, Hulkenburg may have to settle for a Williams seat if he wants to stay in F1, but I think Haas really blew it by not replacing Grosjohn with Hulkenburg. Hulk is consistence in the mid field and with K Mag able to turn a hot lap in qualifiying could have put them back in the best of the rest fight again as predicted this year.
  • F1nut
    Karma bit Vettel, hard!

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    The local ABC station is showing the F1 race with this huge freeze warning thing on the screen. I called them, no answer. Unbelievable!!!

r5iqoerefyiv.jpg

President of Club Polk

• I called it on the nose, Hamilton closed the Championship at COTA and almost pulled off a double win.
  • F1nut
    Yep, congrats to Lewis and Mercedes.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    On another note, not long after I sent that station a nasty email the image disappeared.

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Honda made some huge strides this year, props to them.

• My sons and I love watching F1.
  • Lewis put the cherry on top of his 6th Championship, closing out the season with a big win. He made it a clean sweep this weekend, Pole, Win and fastest lap.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I think he is fast approaching legend status and will surpass the great Schumacher.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I think he is fast approaching legend status and will surpass the great Schumacher.

Pfffffftttttt.
  • F1nut
    joecoulson wrote: »

He's already a legend having equaled or beaten just about every record.

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    When these discussions about the best F1 drivers arise, always makes me wonder what Senna would have been able to attain. Grew up watching him, Nigel and Prost. Those were the days.
  • At his current status he will be apart of any conversation of G.O.A.T, if he passes Schumacher (total championships) their will only be one topic, Hamilton G.O.A.T period. I feel next year will be his best chance to match Schumacher before the rules changes in 2021.

Hamilton has enter into the status of Manchester United, New Zealand All Blacks, Tiger Woods, Muhammed Ali, Serena Williams, LA Lakers, NY Yankees or any other individual or team that has a chance to win it all just because they are there.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    I agree Joe about Senna. We will never know what he could of done if he had lived as far as championships.

As far as talent, I believe he was among the best of all time including the present day drivers. He was unreal in the rain.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.