Pics of your craft

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    I work on the highways that those trucks useqtubc9mq78ec.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Mainly drove this style for sheet rock and framing package deliveries to mostly new construction sites and trained other drivers how to operate these for 17+ years. Mostly from a chair up behind the cab. But I operated some trucks by air-powered remote control. Those air-assisted remote control booms were great to operate! I trained a few guys on those.

I didn't have AC but for a couple of years toward the end of me working. I feel I've delivered upwards of 200K sheets of 12' drywall or more guaranteed.
    1h6asaon3qf8.png

Also a million miles driving these. lumber packages, doors, windows and anything to do with homes. Fiberglass Tubs too.
    Same as above, trained many a guy/man also.
    0ooaxbva6cia.png

Drove this style for a year or two. Delivered a million shingles at least off of that truck. After one hurricane, I know I personally delivered 14 tractor trailer loads of shingles by hand mostly. A previous driver showed me how to do it. Thank god he showed me how!!
    Either I hand unloaded pallets of shingles by myself or some roofers would walk them off the bed of the truck onto the roofs. I also helped walk many hundreds of bundles off onto roofs too if the homeowner was elderly. This style also dumped lumber framing packages. It was a great and simple design. One pull on a lever switched the beds function.
    bwzt9icb8rj9.png
    9p09kkuavj9f.png

Remodeled a ton of homes including my own. Kitchen remodels. Floor make-overs. Bathroom make-overs or bathroom additions created. Bathtub make-overs. New construction framing with-out the use of air powered nail-guns. Hammer time only. A million nails driven for sure by hand. Built quite a few decks too.
    All of the above by myself mind you. No help on most of all the above.
    I am a one man ( or was ) act. How did I ever do what I did? God's help I guess. ;)B)

Early days I hung sheet-rock (drywall to some) for about 3 years in new construction homes. Some valued at 400K. Many about 250K back around in "78". They must be worth 500K+ now. They were HUGE back then but it made putting the whole sheets up easier since we didn't have to cut half of the sheets. :D

Oh, I painted new and older homes and commercial businesses for about 3+ years too. I still paint neighbors' homes if they ask me. I just painted 98% of my own last year or more. I love to paint.

I also worked in the plumbing world for 7 years. Some new jobs but not many. Mainly plumbing repair or adding plumbing for new bathrooms. Updated many bathrooms and kitchens so we had to move, add or remove plumbing. I say we, because most plumbing jobs I was working with a master plumber, my boss. I learned the electrical trade from him.

Roofing also. I've laid quite a few roofs too.
    Put on a bunch of siding too.
    Trimmed the inside of homes for a year and built decks on the backs of them also. They were small one level homes.
    Made quite a few countertop installations with the preformed style tops. No granite or hard rock tops.

I had a lot of crafts. Counter Salesman for a year at a Private family owned HUGE Lumber Company.

Jack of all trades and a master of some, I'd say. ;)
    I don't need to show pics of remodeling, painting or plumbing or all the other home construction trades I've had and did long enough and was trained or shown a lot of tricks in each trade that makes their jobs easier.

It's been a fulfilling life for me.
    I've been able to save so much $$$ by doing things myself.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    John are you really a Mr Mom?

Indeed I am but I enjoy an ocassional gig with Dayton Ohio's long lived r&b /southern rock band "The Lindin Davis Group" but no pics at this time as I'm just strapping to do my 2nd show with them in 2 weeks. My avatar is me. Tophatjohnny also on You Tube. I'm not a great drummer but I sure don't suck🎩🎩😂😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    zsrojdylytkg.jpeg

Very good friend of mine is based out of ATL for SW. kudos John
  • joecoulson
    Options
    John are you really a Mr Mom?

Indeed I am but I enjoy an ocassional gig with Dayton Ohio's long lived r&b /southern rock band "The Lindin Davis Group" but no pics at this time as I'm just strapping to do my 2nd show with them in 2 weeks. My avatar is me. Tophatjohnny also on You Tube. I'm not a great drummer but I sure don't suck🎩🎩😂😂

Not a great drummer, understatement of the year...look him up folks.
    https://youtu.be/99ZkhG1QoFk
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Tony, I think many people don’t understand the importance of professionals like yourself. A good responsible safe driver is hard to find (at least in my market) and when you do find one, reward them! Guys like yourself make my world (Construction) turn for sure.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    pfaduqibama5.jpeg
    j98ee1nfa1m7.jpeg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Cool. Are you the GC?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    kpssrinjtd0k.gif

I actually can't show you for security reasons. But I work for the Canadian tax man in cyber security
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options
    Cool post.
    Driving a bus through the bowels of the Bronx & Manhattan. What a trip. Tons of great experiences and a few not so good.
    This one photo was the style bus that i learned on and initially drove. Tons of fun. No power steering, most had no a/c and before they had right side mirrors. Photo taken facing southbound on the Grand Concourse. Anyone familiar with the area can see the entrance to an already closed Alexander's in the foreground.
    9c5bhze5nuc7.jpg

Ended up driving these before retiring. Really nice piece of equipment. Even decent in the snow, except when you see the rear of your bus in the mirror in the lane next to the lane your in. Woo hoo. Fun stuff.
    Not sure of location but, looks like part of the parking lot at Orchard Beach.
    u1zz6yf4dlnu.jpg
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    I also can't show for security reasons but I think you will get the idea.

68q969arjade.gif
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • joecoulson
    Options
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Cool. Are you the GC?

I am. I’m the BDOS if you know what to mean. ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    Here are some of the cooler toys from the coolest lab I ever had -- a high-throughput analytics lab supporting biotech process development in the early 2000s. Actually the robot at the top is a "clone picker" and wasn't mine, but the bottom robot was :)

mdbutinxdj9v.png

We had some 100% automated assay platforms that we had designed and built, too -- but I don't think I have any photos of 'em.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    We had some 100% automated assay platforms that we had designed and built, too -- but I don't think I have any photos of 'em.

You can't post pictures of your assay platforms here anyway. God knows I've tried. :o
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Here are some of the cooler toys from the coolest lab I ever had -- a high-throughput analytics lab supporting biotech process development in the early 2000s. Actually the robot at the top is a "clone picker" and wasn't mine, but the bottom robot was :)

mdbutinxdj9v.png

"I build stuff!"
    "I drive stuff!"
    "I type stuff!"

"I'm a frickin scientist" - Mark >:)
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 435
    Options
    Not as cool as a frickin' scientist... I'm just a lighting control systems nerd...
    pxcg7tr2381f.png
    nwzenav2g71q.jpg
    jlkg85ze6mw7.jpg
    dpnc00ko0je9.jpg
    pl4c1y76ch53.jpg
    8gwshpk1tadl.jpg
    Sometimes I don't just do the system infrastructures, sometimes I get to make the lights blink a little too... :)
    vxazukjspxzi.jpg

Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I own an integration company
    Network, CCTV, Fire, energy management, and sound systems

8t49cct73hr5.jpeg
    t1nzdly7kv4r.jpg
    v9c4wcdujgae.jpg
    260q0wu6884n.jpg
    uixnpyti8vpn.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joecoulson
    Options
    This thread is too cool - very interesting to see what all of you do
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    I do data security in the healthcare industry now. Can't really show what I do because it's sensitive and also, could be a HIPAA violation and I don't want any of that noise. What I do is make sure that even if we have a breach, if they can get any data or records it's useless because it's protected at the data level with strong permissions and encryption policies.

Before I started doing this data security stuff I worked for a gubment contractor where I built command and control systems, radar systems and weapons systems for the ships of several navies, not just the US. That included the aircraft carrier modernization efforts. I also worked on radar for NOAA for predicting and tracking tornadoes and I also worked on hardening the ship-board systems on U.S. Coast Guard ships and planes. Oh, yeah, and this little project called AEGIS LEAP Intercept (ALI) now known as Ballistic Missile Defense. LEAP stands for Light Exo Atmospheric Projectile. Since I was one of the people supporting the test shots where we were shooting at targets in space, I was a legit Rocket Scientist!

Again, can't show you much of that for obvious reasons.

But this was the first ship I worked on:

DDG 73 U.S.S. Decauter
    800px-USS_Decatur_%28DDG-73%29_starboard_side_2006.jpg

And this was the last ship I worked on:
    DDG 96 U.S.S. Bainbridge
    1280px-USS_Bainbridge_%28DDG_96%29_-_close_up.jpg

I was on this test shot:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3My0HWOpuc

And I have a crew hat and shirt from this ship because I was part of the civilian crew that trained the commissioning crew on how to use their new ship so the Coast Guard gave us our own crew uniforms with names on them and everything:
    WMSL-750 USCGC Bertholf
    USCG_National_Security_Cutter_BERTHOLF_%28WMSL-750%29.jpeg
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I'm just a warehouse guy,

6u64wwxcc2a4.jpg

No forklift just a pallet jack so asset tagging printers like these is all done by hand.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Options
    Me hard at it:

hxbglupteo4a.jpg
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Before I got into the automotive biz, my profession was aerospace. Gas turbine engines. Started out at Pratt & Whitney in Connecticut. When I moved to Michigan, I worked as an engineer for a small gas turbine engine company. It's claim to fame, the F107 turbofan.
    innew84uuus2.png

Small world
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    Me hard at it:

hxbglupteo4a.jpg

Are you hiring?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2019
    Options
    JayMX wrote: »
    Not as cool as a frickin' scientist... I'm just a lighting control systems nerd...
    pxcg7tr2381f.png
    nwzenav2g71q.jpg
    jlkg85ze6mw7.jpg
    dpnc00ko0je9.jpg
    pl4c1y76ch53.jpg
    8gwshpk1tadl.jpg
    Sometimes I don't just do the system infrastructures, sometimes I get to make the lights blink a little too... :)
    vxazukjspxzi.jpg

Boing! Tent pole here!
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Hey Russ, would you chase a lazer light as my cat does?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Hey Russ, would you chase a lazer light as my cat does?

I've seen him do that with reflections of beer bottles.
    ;):p