Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Tony your description reminds me of this one that I just saw at the Milwaukee art museum last month:

bmf4cpm9cc54.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    YUP. ;) Unmistakable aren't they. I've seen where he has pieces all around the world now.

Probably the same artist.

He might have a Co. of people helping him make those shapes. Maybe not.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    46928578065_9551303225_b.jpghdl19_39 by Holger Barske, on Flickr

33967460328_7f6c6ac0d9_b.jpghdl19_38 by Holger Barske, on Flickr

... and on topic B)
    Nick Cave installtion at Mass MoCA last year -- not the musican, the artist.

ypfkz3n2wd22.png

This was absolutely dazzling.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited May 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    YUP. ;) Unmistakable aren't they. I've seen where he has pieces all around the world now.

Probably the same artist.

He might have a Co. of people helping him make those shapes. Maybe not.

He does, he helps and directs them on what design he wants done.

Here's some more.

mqr5f0jvgfc9.jpg

3z09ibv0vdw1.jpg

eiizxe1gic9j.jpg

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2019
    Wow! :p

NICE sculptures!!!! I love that yellow glass bush and big globes.

That overhead display is very nice too.

Now I like these a lot except, again, too many blue spires for my taste. BUT the rest is cool! B)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I love that yellow glass bush and big globes.
    Pure, unadulterated filth!!!
  • Tony M
    I was speaking from a purely artistic view of the skill it took to make those pieces of art. No filth even entered my mind looking at or complimenting their shape or image.

But I think you forgot to put a smiley face at the end of your comment, or am I wrong and you're offended by my innocent comment that you took into a different realm?
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    you're offended by my innocent comment that you took into a different realm?

He's a very sensitive little flower.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Herself & I got a chance to see the Chihuly exhibition at the Biltmore out side of AsheVegas last summer.
    Words don't do his work justice.
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I love that yellow glass bush and big globes.
    Pure, unadulterated filth!!!
    I was speaking from a purely artistic view of the skill it took to make those pieces of art. No filth even entered my mind looking at or complimenting their shape or image.

But I think you forgot to put a smiley face at the end of your comment, or am I wrong and you're offended by my innocent comment that you took into a different realm?

He's just got globe envy.

B)

This thread's recent art-related Kontrapunkt puts me to mind of that classic Blondie hit.
    Once I had a love, and it was a gas
    Soon turned out, had a bush of glass...

:|
  • mhardy6647
    speaking of big globes (that was an AC/DC song, wasn't it?) -- the Ledyard bridge, linking Norwich VT and Hanover NH, (arguably) has the biggest globes of them all.

jeotowll8djc.png

hcy69pb9in1f.png

:*

• Viking64

HAHAHAHA Damn, dude! No, I didn't forget the smiley face. Always leave 'em guessing. Although in this case, I didn't expect to trick anyone that easily. >:)
  • Viking64
    OleBoot wrote: »

Nonsense! The **** I say elsewhere on the internet would melt these little snowflakes in an instant. :p
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    OleBoot wrote: »

Nonsense! The **** I say elsewhere on the internet would melt these little snowflakes in an instant. :p

Sorry, forgot the smiley
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    46928578065_9551303225_b.jpghdl19_39 by Holger Barske, on Flickr

33967460328_7f6c6ac0d9_b.jpghdl19_38 by Holger Barske, on Flickr

giphy.gif
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    speaking of big globes (that was an AC/DC song, wasn't it?) -- the Ledyard bridge, linking Norwich VT and Hanover NH, (arguably) has the biggest globes of them all.

jeotowll8djc.png

hcy69pb9in1f.png

:*

I thought Eartha was the biggest globe at 41ft. Delorme Mapping in Yarmouth Maine now owned by Garmin. David Delorme sold it. I watched part of it being built when they moved to that new location off i95.. If you havent seen it-its worth looking it up.. My exwife & sister worked there for many of years
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited May 2019
    This is Eartha. It is NOT stationary ..u8o0bj4ngz8x.jpg
    5p7p20p8za3k.jpg.
    Randy/Maine
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Monk Parakeet

whlf1juxkgsz.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Inside Cinderella's Castle - Walt Disney World Sept. 1973

gvem4vjhcov8.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Are you in China?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    lightman1 wrote: »
    i31frcm0i16e.jpg

Some hotels just flat out suck.....

LOL

If you can believe it, I just stayed in a hotel on Friday and Saturday where the shower head was too short for me...Me.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Viking64

There are no toilets so you have to pi$$ in the shower? You must be in heaven. :p
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

There are no toilets so you have to pi$$ in the shower? You must be in heaven. :p

It's a daily thing, Jimmy Jam....
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    i31frcm0i16e.jpg

LOL

If you can believe it, I just stayed in a hotel on Friday and Saturday where the shower head was too short for me...Me.

Where's @Thorton? See what he has to say about this travesty.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    i31frcm0i16e.jpg

LOL

Where's @Thorton? See what he has to say about this travesty.

Why is it his fault that you're 7' tall
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    jpj64wt171k4.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2019
    Nature strikes again -- or --
    what the heck is this thing?

This has appeared on one of our windows on the first floor.
    Mind you, I have two degrees nominally in Biology, but I have no idea what this is.

ow1t6mczobd2.jpg

The color and fine structure make me think it's either an egg mass of some sort, or a critter of some sort -- or maybe it's just bird droppings(?).
    The better photo gives no sense of scale. I tried to add a ruler for scale, but I had trouble with focus (depth of field). This photo is inverted relative to the one above.

1eezl0jx5pd7.jpg

Whatever it is, it's about 13 mm/0.5 inch long.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

:p
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Nature strikes again -- or --
    what the heck is this thing?

This has appeared on one of our windows on the first floor.
    Mind you, I have two degrees nominally in Biology, but I have no idea what this is.

ow1t6mczobd2.jpg

The color and fine structure make me think it's either an egg mass of some sort, or a critter of some sort -- or maybe it's just bird droppings(?).
    The better photo gives no sense of scale. I tried to add a ruler for scale, but I had trouble with focus (depth of field). This photo is inverted relative to the one above.

1eezl0jx5pd7.jpg

Whatever it is, it's about 13 mm/0.5 inch long.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

:p

Bugger?