Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,693
    00p0inatfspv.jpeg
    Outer Cape Cod is pretty quiet so far...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,859
    Poster picture there! <3 ^^^^^^^^^^
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Another Poster picture. ;)
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 859
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    jw060efaq6o2.jpg

Note to self: must scrape up the pennies for a half decent camera.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,910
    FWIW, an iPhone (possibly other 'smart phones') will do a darned good job with -photography. Probably better looking than my (low-end) DSLR, even with much better glass on the latter :/
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,235
    Yup... it’s all about the photographers skills.

I’ve seen some bomb iPhone pictures....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2019
    Yup... it’s all about the photographers skills.

...or lack of same, in my case :/
    Our son is a very good photographer. I enjoy the technology ('specially optics) but I have a lousy eye for composition.

Here's a fairly recent page from our son's photoblog (including some sunset photos, interestingly enough) for perusal:
    http://icouldbeahero.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2019-03-17T14:14:00-04:00&max-results=7
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,549
    I would not agree re "lack of same". I always admire your photos, and many more members on this website do also. I am sure you and spouse were the inspiration for your son. If no one in the family had observed nature, he may have never taken a single photo.

His photos are great and natural. Nowadays, people are trying to have everything in focus and the same amount of light throughout.
    Remember at least 2,448 heroes +13 on 08/26/2021
    LIFE has to be LIVED
    “A sad soul can be just as lethal as a germ.” – John Steinbeck
    You Can't Resist Propaganda if You Can't Recognize It
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia

• Tony M
    edited May 2019
    Composition of a photo is key. Scale is too.

I have a serious pet-peeve about photos taken at a 45* angle! WHY do that?!
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 784
    q3x9yntfhl8p.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 784
    edited May 2019
    Now lost to the recent fire ...
    South Rose Window and stained glass windows, Notre Dame de Paris 13th century French Gothic cathedral ... 43 ft diameter, 84 panes divided in four circles, gift from King Louis IX, designed by Jean de Chelles and Pierre de Montreuil, Île de la Cité, Paris, France
    fnwfeeaxyq3loam0zw3uayyrxn9b44u1hi6u4rix52ndwwmnde2fl5bikevitmvq-.jpg?1555468622&s=0e6e4df88e7ccc272c23c92c5139565b
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,621
    ^^^That sucks
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,339
    I really need to clean up these wires!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,336
    z2n7gczvyrf3.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, L600, L400, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • Milito
    edited May 2019
    fuhs4vzbljql.jpg

Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, L600, L400, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2019

I <3 that garden display!

I can only imagine the value! :D:p Maybe 1/2 of the red shoots would've been better for me.

I remember seeing a TV show talking about a chandelier ( probably from the same artist) YEARS ago that brought the art world to attention. It had 300 of those curlicue spires all bunched up. Kind-of ugly but unique too.

It was astronomically expensive too. Since then, I've seen that kind of glass work every now and again on other shows. Some talking about the art, other times it's just in the back ground and unmistakable a glass artists work. Or plastic replica/ style copy maybe. But the real deals are $$$$$. :pB)

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 9,820
    Tony your description reminds me of this one that I just saw at the Milwaukee art museum last month:

bmf4cpm9cc54.jpg
  • Tony M
    YUP. ;) Unmistakable aren't they. I've seen where he has pieces all around the world now.

Probably the same artist.

He might have a Co. of people helping him make those shapes. Maybe not.
  • mhardy6647
    46928578065_9551303225_b.jpghdl19_39 by Holger Barske, on Flickr

33967460328_7f6c6ac0d9_b.jpghdl19_38 by Holger Barske, on Flickr

... and on topic B)
    Nick Cave installtion at Mass MoCA last year -- not the musican, the artist.

ypfkz3n2wd22.png

This was absolutely dazzling.
  • Milito
    edited May 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    YUP. ;) Unmistakable aren't they. I've seen where he has pieces all around the world now.

Probably the same artist.

He might have a Co. of people helping him make those shapes. Maybe not.

He does, he helps and directs them on what design he wants done.

Here's some more.

mqr5f0jvgfc9.jpg

3z09ibv0vdw1.jpg

eiizxe1gic9j.jpg

• Tony M
    edited May 2019
    Wow! :p

NICE sculptures!!!! I love that yellow glass bush and big globes.

That overhead display is very nice too.

Now I like these a lot except, again, too many blue spires for my taste. BUT the rest is cool! B)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 5,580
    I love that yellow glass bush and big globes.
    Pure, unadulterated filth!!!
  • Tony M
    I was speaking from a purely artistic view of the skill it took to make those pieces of art. No filth even entered my mind looking at or complimenting their shape or image.

But I think you forgot to put a smiley face at the end of your comment, or am I wrong and you're offended by my innocent comment that you took into a different realm?
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 859
    you're offended by my innocent comment that you took into a different realm?

He's a very sensitive little flower.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 887
    Herself & I got a chance to see the Chihuly exhibition at the Biltmore out side of AsheVegas last summer.
    Words don't do his work justice.
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I love that yellow glass bush and big globes.
    Pure, unadulterated filth!!!
    I was speaking from a purely artistic view of the skill it took to make those pieces of art. No filth even entered my mind looking at or complimenting their shape or image.

But I think you forgot to put a smiley face at the end of your comment, or am I wrong and you're offended by my innocent comment that you took into a different realm?

He's just got globe envy.

B)

This thread's recent art-related Kontrapunkt puts me to mind of that classic Blondie hit.
    Once I had a love, and it was a gas
    Soon turned out, had a bush of glass...

:|
  • mhardy6647
    speaking of big globes (that was an AC/DC song, wasn't it?) -- the Ledyard bridge, linking Norwich VT and Hanover NH, (arguably) has the biggest globes of them all.

jeotowll8djc.png

hcy69pb9in1f.png

:*