Honey Glazed Chicken Tights

c8qw94qa83au.jpg

That looks REALLY good! Recipe?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Did this one's the other night.
    Honey Glazed Chicken Tights

c8qw94qa83au.jpg

That looks REALLY good! Recipe?

It was good. I also made some chicken fried rice. This one is an instant pot recipe.

https://diethood.com/instant-pot-honey-garlic-chicken-recipe/

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    7uyr88od9bcm.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Looks amazing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Looks amazing.

Thanks! I didn't get into baking until recently but enjoy it quite a bit.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited May 2019
    2 Sous Vide New York Strip steaks for tonight, 2 pounds of bacon and a Pork Butt in the same bath for tomorrow's lunch (as well as BEC biscuits and BLT's throughout the week) while Mojo chicken is marinating for tomorrow night's dinner. Just got done with fresh Guacamole and a sour ream onion dip. Roasted asparagus, sliced and caramelized Portobello mushrooms along with fresh corn go with the steak tonight. Garlic Parmesan Broccoli and a garden salad with Raspberry dressing will accompany the Mojo Chicken (that will also be SV'd).

Along with a couple of stiff Bourbon drinks on ice, couple of Altos Tequila shots and many rum and Cokes.....all while listening to tunes and painting the sun room.

Life is good.

Tom
    Post edited by treitz3 on
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    edited May 2019
    Bourbon, Tequila and Rum....
    Boy your sure know how to mix up a mean puke...
  • treitz3
    Haven't puked in decades. Moderation and hydration are key.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    What’s the point of tequila shots except to get wasted 🤮.

Your weekend spread somewhere awesome @treitz3! What time do we eat???
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • treitz3
    Eh, tequila gives me a good, well rounded buzz that still allows me to function well into the night. To me, it's like drinking a Red Bull. Keeps me up doing things.

If you saw the size of me belly, you would know that this kind of eating is the norm. One of my hobbies besides audio is cooking. If one saw all of the tools in my kitchen, garage and shop that use for cooking in all different types of methods....they would know I am as fanatic about my cooking as I am with my audio.

Just as a*al too. Perhaps even more so as I am my own worst critic.

Tom
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Eh, tequila gives me a good, well rounded buzz that still allows me to function well into the night. To me, it's like drinking a Red Bull. Keeps me up doing things.

If you saw the size of me belly, you would know that this kind of eating is the norm. One of my hobbies besides audio is cooking. If one saw all of the tools in my kitchen, garage and shop that use for cooking in all different types of methods....they would know I am as fanatic about my cooking as I am with my audio.

Tom

I get the same effect smoking rocks I just don't eat. I cook like crazy though!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited May 2019
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

Gotta be your own worst critic, that's what keeps cooks like us trying new things, innovating favors and cook methods.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt wrote: »
    zbmbomb0m9ap.jpg

"Gato Asada" An under appreciated So. Cal. favorite.
  • afterburnt
    @codycatalist Have you looked into baking with persimmons? I hear that they are great for baking stuff, but I can't stand em off the tree.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    zbmbomb0m9ap.jpg

No thanks....I'll stick with Nutria
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Today I will attempt ribs on a gas grill....which reminds me, need to stop for some apple juice on the way home! Also making twice baked potatoes with Better than Sour Cream and Diya cheese substitute, which should be interesting!
  • pitdogg2
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    zbmbomb0m9ap.jpg

No thanks....I'll stick with Nutria

Yea I hear those little vegetable eatin marsh rats are scrumptious...
  • treitz3
    You know, I always thought Sous Vide bacon was a complete waste of time. I mean, bacon is bacon, right?

I could not have been any more wrong. OMG is this stuff good!!! As tender as can be on the inside and crispy as can be on the outside. Perfect for BLT's!

Hiya, Russ! *sticks out tongue*

Tom
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • treitz3
    My cousin Mark swears by this thing, Mikey. I have had about 3 or 4 meals by it and I do have to admit......moist, juicy, tasteful, smokey and overall a GREAT dish.....

.....don't know if I can justify the time and labor it takes to achieve said end result though.

Tom
  • cincycat13
    cincycat13 Posts: 882
    m1583m9r3ygv.jpg

Shrimp was on sale so it was low country boil foil bake night.
  • Mikey081057
    I want one.... so my food won't taste like gas

• pitdogg2
    cincycat13 wrote: »
    m1583m9r3ygv.jpg

Shrimp was on sale so it was low country boil foil bake night.

I like doing that as well. especially with fresh green beans, taters, corn and bacon...mmmm

I've noticed all the charcoal/smoker grills in my area are like that Traeger this year. I do not want a pellet smoker I'd like to have a good side box smoker grill so I can use MY OWN Cherry wood and not some pelleted stuff.
  • treitz3
    Well, a regular charcoal grill will do that. The magic is to reduce "gas" time, while still getting the meat perfect.

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I want one.... so my food won't taste like gas****$

fixed it for you

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a