Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Nice space and great view.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    vMzy9.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    At my end, put me in a SDA-SRS BIG BOY!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Last month I took some photos of these interesting vintage portable Zenith tube radios that my dad had:

998hbwrm1pna.jpg

sdlb0w9xpnun.jpg

7leuifuunuif.jpg

nzau9kayicb3.jpg
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    I love that BIG magnet!!!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Very nice.

heh, there used to be one of those (or, at least, pretty similar) here :) Zenith made many good radios, and more than a few great radios, in their prime.

Here's a photo of it while it was receiving a CAT Scan (standard diagnostic technique -- at least at our house).

11718460413_424b56c4d6_b.jpgP1030360 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2019
    3qq9gyb3c3q2.png
    Notice that 117Z6 tube? :) That's a full-wave rectifier with a 117 volt (i.e., AC mains voltage) filament! :) Know why? That tube allowed Zenith (and others) to build portable radios that could run on batteries (including a high-voltage "B" battery for the tube plates) or be used at home, plugged into AC power... without needing a heavy (and expensive) power transformer! :) Clever bit of value engineering way back in the WWII era.

http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aag0004.htm
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    Back Catalogue...

2tgpve9bhfop.jpg
  • Tony M
    I ALMOST bought this poster in a 3' X 5' size I think it was but then decided not to.

My step-daughter shortly there after bought me a huge 4x6 Dark side of the moon poster that I've yet to hang up. Some day!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Get on it Tony! And they still print that aforementioned piece of art, so you should get that too.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    00p0inatfspv.jpeg
    Outer Cape Cod is pretty quiet so far...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    Poster picture there! <3 ^^^^^^^^^^
  • Tony M
    Another Poster picture. ;)
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    jw060efaq6o2.jpg

Note to self: must scrape up the pennies for a half decent camera.
  • mhardy6647
    FWIW, an iPhone (possibly other 'smart phones') will do a darned good job with -photography. Probably better looking than my (low-end) DSLR, even with much better glass on the latter :/
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Yup... it’s all about the photographers skills.

I’ve seen some bomb iPhone pictures....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2019
    Yup... it’s all about the photographers skills.

...or lack of same, in my case :/
    Our son is a very good photographer. I enjoy the technology ('specially optics) but I have a lousy eye for composition.

Here's a fairly recent page from our son's photoblog (including some sunset photos, interestingly enough) for perusal:
    http://icouldbeahero.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2019-03-17T14:14:00-04:00&max-results=7
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    I would not agree re "lack of same". I always admire your photos, and many more members on this website do also. I am sure you and spouse were the inspiration for your son. If no one in the family had observed nature, he may have never taken a single photo.

His photos are great and natural. Nowadays, people are trying to have everything in focus and the same amount of light throughout.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    edited May 2019
    Composition of a photo is key. Scale is too.

I have a serious pet-peeve about photos taken at a 45* angle! WHY do that?!
  • CGTIII
    q3x9yntfhl8p.jpg

• CGTIII
    edited May 2019
    Now lost to the recent fire ...
    South Rose Window and stained glass windows, Notre Dame de Paris 13th century French Gothic cathedral ... 43 ft diameter, 84 panes divided in four circles, gift from King Louis IX, designed by Jean de Chelles and Pierre de Montreuil, Île de la Cité, Paris, France
    fnwfeeaxyq3loam0zw3uayyrxn9b44u1hi6u4rix52ndwwmnde2fl5bikevitmvq-.jpg?1555468622&s=0e6e4df88e7ccc272c23c92c5139565b

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    ^^^That sucks
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I really need to clean up these wires!
  • Milito
    z2n7gczvyrf3.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Milito
    edited May 2019
    fuhs4vzbljql.jpg

• Tony M
    edited May 2019

I <3 that garden display!

I can only imagine the value! :D:p Maybe 1/2 of the red shoots would've been better for me.

I remember seeing a TV show talking about a chandelier ( probably from the same artist) YEARS ago that brought the art world to attention. It had 300 of those curlicue spires all bunched up. Kind-of ugly but unique too.

It was astronomically expensive too. Since then, I've seen that kind of glass work every now and again on other shows. Some talking about the art, other times it's just in the back ground and unmistakable a glass artists work. Or plastic replica/ style copy maybe. But the real deals are $$$$$. :pB)