Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Well they used the 300b tubes. ;)s3axh320gwn8.jpg
    All the empty sockets took 300b this was a massive amp. The other tubes for that amp are 6SN7 and one 6SL7 I believe

Other WE products

0azamorg62fe.jpg
    ugmo4luw6o1y.jpg

Another integrated amp

3yet0c64radx.jpg

This CD player was impressive although I was not able to listen. Build looked very nice
    0dwzt3a2jy3h.jpg

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Another integrated amp

3yet0c64radx.jpg

This is the prototype 91E integrated amp.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Another integrated amp

3yet0c64radx.jpg

This is the prototype 91E integrated amp.

Yes I know the gentleman I chatted up for a good long time would not let me take any pictures straight down into it because the patent had not been approved yet. Those guys were great to talk to.
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    edited April 2019
    Options
    During Axpona 2019 the cables in the Legacy Audio room were Douglas Connection! :) We hope to continue to be the cables Legacy turns to for all their future shows. Photo courtesy Part-Time Audophile.
    tew1mtfut1s5.jpg
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Nice one!
    Which cables were being used?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    We saw that Doug. Congrats.
  • helipilotdoug
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Nice one!
    The cables being used are:
    Alpha 11 Power Cables
    Alpha Balanced XLR Interconnects
    Alpha Single Ended RCA Interconnects
    and Alpha 12 Speaker Cables

These are the same as the cables that are in the karma.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Nice one!
    The cables being used are:
    Alpha 11 Power Cables
    Alpha Balanced XLR Interconnects
    Alpha Single Ended RCA Interconnects
    and Alpha 12 Speaker Cables

These are the same as the cables that are in the karma.

Wow! Time to bump the Karma thread! Now to find it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    edited May 2019
    Options
    During Axpona 2019 the cables in the Legacy Audio room were Douglas Connection! :) We hope to continue to be the cables Legacy turns to for all their future shows. Photo courtesy Part-Time Audophile.

What a great company to be associated with, and also great coverage of the Legacy room and your cables in that article!

Everyone from Legacy who I interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful. I started asking about their Studio HD speaker which wasn't playing at the time, and the gentleman running the room immediately offered to give me a demonstration of them. Within 5 minutes, they were rearranging the seats and setting up the second system that had them so I could hear them. Very cool! They had a huge presence and somehow managed to fill that large and acoustically difficult ballroom space with crystal clear sound. I was pretty impressed at how well they were doing in this very less than ideal space, can only imagine their performance in a smaller room.

I actually mentioned your cables to them before I saw the big banner and reusable bags that they were giving out. Their setups all sounded very nice.

6g4pknz3ctxu.jpg
  • helipilotdoug
    Options
    Thanks for posting that photo! :D Those bags and pens will be in the JWM Acoustics and Mike Lundy speakers rooms at LSAF.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• Clipdat
    edited May 2019
    Options
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Ha! That was that TMNT demo. Awesome.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    So did you get the movie?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    I did! Just for that scene.
    You can actually see me ordering on Ama..n on my phone lol!
  • Clipdat
    Options
    That SVS demo was so much fun. Their room had an infectious positive energy!
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @joecoulson spotted at Axpona 2019 @ 11:14.

https://youtu.be/q8tsde2azPU?t=674

Cool show report. However, he though HSU Research had large speakers? I wonder if he was mixing them up with JTR Speakers?

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/join-av-nirvana-and-jtr-speakers-for-an-awesome-evening-get-together-at-axpona-2019.4354/

This is not a large speaker.
    image_preview2

Now this is a LARGE speaker!
    13051-020e50f16aab4a9e7da58ed08cdc009d.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    At 15:28 Yeah, he had to be refering to JTR

3 x Noesis 212Rt
    8 x Captivators 2400
    6 x 8HT
    6 x 8HT
    Enough to push the Nirvana ballroom to loud levels.

23071cb95c1bf2c0909dff0fce19968e.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Clipdat
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Skip's room got featured on Audio Bacon's "Best Sounds" list: https://audiobacon.net/2019/05/07/axpona-2019-the-awards/3/

58375704_1363755473806194_8786814630128254976_n.jpg

"One of the first rooms I visited – and one of the most memorable. Wonderfully snappy, well-controlled, and very impactful. In addition, a full-bodied and properly toned sound. There was plenty of textural cues and dynamic heft from these Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole loudspeakers. Especially for the 6.5″ Nomex woofer and 1″ silk dome tweeter. A very resolving and engaging presentation."
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Is that pizza sauce on that shirt?!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    Nice "album" (ahem) of photos from AXPONA 2019 at:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskTTGmDy

You can read the photographer's comments about the show (pretty succinct, and almost completely positive) at: https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/74/746669.html
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    edited May 2019
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Nice "album" (ahem) of photos from AXPONA 2019 at:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskTTGmDy

You can read the photographer's comments about the show (pretty succinct, and almost completely positive) at: https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/74/746669.html

here's his pictures.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/68620057@N05/sets/72157679959968098

he did make it to skip's room.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Thank you, Marv!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    edited May 2019
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »

Here's what he had to say about Skip's room:

"Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole speakers. ($7.5k) As can be seen in the photo of the Lumin U1, Johnny Cash's Ghost Riders of the Sky was playing when I snapped these photos. A punchy sound, with nice presence on vocals. Not overly polite sounding."

@Hermitism, Someone other than me used the word "polite" as a way to describe sound. So you see, it's a thing!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »

Here's what he had to say about Skip's room:

"Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole speakers. ($7.5k) As can be seen in the photo of the Lumin U1, Johnny Cash's Ghost Riders of the Sky was playing when I snapped these photos. A punchy sound, with nice presence on vocals. Not overly polite sounding."

@Hermitism, Someone other than me used the word "polite" as a way to describe sound. So you see, it's a thing!

This place is being overrun by hipsters :)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited May 2019
    Options
    A punchy sound, with nice presence on vocals. Not overly polite sounding."
    So would that not be a rude sound???

y3gg4uj7o8ox.jpg

All in good fun, Drew!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Post edited by JayCee on
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Clipdat
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'm planning on writing two Axpona 2019 articles. My "Top 3 dream rooms" (exorbitantly priced) and my "Top 3 reality rooms" (priced within reason).
  • joecoulson
    Options
    ^^looking forward to it Drew!
  • Clipdat
    edited July 2019
    Options
    "JD Event’s goal a couple of years ago was consumer attendance in the five figures. They got real close and who knows whether they might have topped the magical 10,000 mark if the weather was good on Sunday?

Number of people attending Axpona 2019: 9,534

Number of exhibit rooms: 197

Booths in the Marketplace Expo Hall: 54 booths/49 exhibitors

Ear Gear Expo: 58 booths/36 exhibitors

Number of new exhibitors – 50"