Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 7,645
    Oh yeah. I know a lot of snow birds! Make me jealous! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,363
    edited April 18
    Deleted
    Randy / Maine
    SDA-CRS+ 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Stands w/Polk Logo & Spiked nicely
    RTA15TL 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Gloss tops shine. Spiked nicely
    Cs1000p-Yamaha-Parasound-Acurus
    MIT speaker cables-Pangea powercords
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,301
    When did this get here?! :D
    lbdz2k1v098v.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Do you write books ? The whole time i read that i couldnt help but get right into that moment lol. Thats some cool stuff there. Nature right then. Awesome pictures.
    Randy / Maine
    LMAO thats some funny stuff there :) glad im not drinking at the moment
    Randy / Maine
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 660
    Tony M, I do exactly what you guys do to see the great birds. I hear them and I try to find them in the trees. I forget where you live?
    South East coast...Wilmington NC. 28403. Right in the middle of this peninsula.

I forgot to add, there's a med. sized park a mile from me. The ocean is 5 miles away too. Ospreys soar overhead all the time. Hawks too. It's a birders paradise.

Pileated woodpeckers like to cruse through here too and have even nested in our neighbors tree across the street diagonally. :p
    Daddy can I help please? :smile:
    aqg54s8agl27.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Cute, cute and cute! :)
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,960
    For all of you Baltimorons (or ex-Baltimorons, like me) of a certain age...

9802822123_9e47ea86b7_b.jpgAn old National Beer promo from a back of an old Orioles program by Hans, on Flickr
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 660
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,232
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Or this:

Oh, I remember those commercials. Yes, I do.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Or this:

Jimmy I got this visual of your blond locks all weaved about! Yeah baby! :smile:
    Not to change the subject or anything :p but the EMI power amp in this Radio Shack (yes, Radio Shack :) ) 1961 catalog page scan caught my eye this morning.

Look at that bad boy. Toroidal PT and OPTs -- there really is nothing new under the sun.

m22qdylx29d6.png

source: www.radioshackcatalogs.com (1961)

edited April 22
    Love the MC60 too for $219! Too bad Dad wasn't an audio enthusiast! :smile:
    edited April 24
    I heard a truck stop in front of my house around 10AM this morning. I thought my neighbor was having something done to his yard. After I ate something I took a look to see what's up.
    :o !

Duke energy had replaced the pole! I thought, 33 years here and the pole WAS old so good.

I laid down and slept for a while and when I got back up, they were still out there like scientists working on something up there at the top. 3 guys up top, and about 5 down on the ground. I thought maybe our old transformer is going to get replaced too. I couldn't tell though. Turns out they replaced that too. Yea!

I tried turning the TV on...NOPE...no power. So I go out to take pictures and eventually see my power cable to my house laying on the ground. My neighbors powerline was on the ground too.

OK, now what do I do?
    I grabbed my new Stereophile mag and Sound and vision mag. and proceed to read some of the reviews. About 30 min. or more later, the trucks shut down and a bunch of bin doors get shut on their trucks. I heard a guy yell,,.OK! About 5 min. later the power to the cable box comes on. 5 minutes later they're gone. B)

2-1/2 hours is all it took them to replace the pole AND the transformer. We had an old rusty transformer for 30+ years but now there's a spankin brand new one!

Maybe my stereo systems will sound better now! :p

It's amazing the danger these power guys work around! Check out the insulator drapes everywhere.

Cali was surely intrigued. :D
    b9ga2nzqp9g3.png

Respect what you can't see they say.
    hpppajnz2cev.png
    xml8wos90mvz.png
    o2q031aut3i5.png
    9wyy6x0cu7lz.png
    rzp8fd8z2a16.png
    vxea28i6o4p2.png
    9f4qxvl30swz.png

• WillowWillow Posts: 9,635
    Russ would have changed all that wearing metal gloves in the rain.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

I thought they took the old pole away but no, there's still phone and cable hooked up to it. I guess they'll come some time later to switch their stuff over or maybe not.
    tkq5tu9li3y6.png
    sta379rvrhb2.png
    njf5z4in8m8s.png
    p4xasxsoik7g.png
    ra72ufpgbg46.png
    I wish this transformer had "Niagra Power Conditioner/cleaner" printed on it! :D
    gpblv8k8rr47.png
    44bm2128nfr6.png

I caught a high flyer with this shot. Didn't even know it was there either.
    btoj8i6ympu0.png

I guess I'll go sweep the dirt back into the grass now. ;)

• delkaldelkal Posts: 568
    This might be some new regulation. All around me in SE Pa they are replacing all of the older poles with much bigger ones 10 feet taller. Same in NJ on my commute.

Nice new poles but lots of construction traffic everywhere.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 649
    522202_10151092054390658_1180038691_n.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.