What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Very interesting
    Thank You man
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    I added 3 more of these yesterday for a total of 5 now. With only 2 plugged in the change was barely if it all noticeable. But now with all 5 plugged in there is an unmistakable improvement on all sources.

evpz7n2csxuc.jpg

emwi5pjm3hrf.jpg

Bad joke and late but this image^^^^^ came to mind :p
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    ^^^^^^I find it highly doubtful that even one person on this forum would have any such mess as that.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    ^^^^^^I find it highly doubtful that even one person on this forum would have any such mess as that.

Everyone except Russ...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

Everyone except Russ...

He is the Lightman.

dvdiw9zj7goh.png
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042

Everyone except Russ...

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on your dreadnaught now that it's wired in correctly?
  • nooshinjohn
    I'm wondering what your thoughts are on your dreadnaught now that it's wired in correctly?

Meh... to early yet. I have not really sat down with it to listen seriously yet. I am going to do that this weekend after I have about 50 hours on it.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    John, Is this the 1000va version from the previous group buy that you're just now getting around to installing?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    audioluvr wrote: »
    John, Is this the 1000va version from the previous group buy that you're just now getting around to installing?

Yep.... Had it and the case for seems like two years now and finally got around to getting it done. I had the binding post plates that Trey did even longer.

• mhardy6647
    audioluvr wrote: »

Yep.... Had it and the case for seems like two years now and finally got around to getting it done. I had the binding post plates that Trey did even longer.

heh, I am pretty sure there are unfinished projects here that date back to the previous century/millennium. :|
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    I carefully packed everything up to get ready for tomorrows move.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • audioluvr
    VR3 wrote: »
    Brought the cubs in to play

Here I'm looking all over this picture for cubs...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    Added a Denon DVD 2900 to my arsenal thanks to Ryan @ZLTFUL . Nice improvement over my Kraco...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I don't think I've heard the name "Kraco" in 30 or 40 years. :)

Kraco sure flooded the market on car stereos back then. But the Pioneer Super Tuner was the higher target for most people with more extra cash to spend. Alpine was even higher end.
    yyjn362o99pp.png

yeesjocysqhr.png

Brings back memories of my many car stereo installations for friends "side job". B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    I remember having the Pioneer Supertuner underdash with the VU meter looking tuning dial. Sounded great and the conversation piece...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• nooshinjohn
    The Nakamichi Dragon for the car was the TOTL....

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Pioneer SuperTuner's and Jensen triaxles (LOL) ruled the roost back in the day.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    They are a remarkable improvement ... soundstage which was sweet before has me now hearing which cymbal the drummer is playing... the bass really big and tight. I'm going to order some more stuff too.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I looked at GIKs offering for a while ole but can't get over the price. I get why they cost that much just not a poor man's option. I have been toying with the idea of DIY panels though.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Playing around with stuff. Removed the passive pre, streamer to dac to amp. Removed the pure silver IC and put in just the silver plated copper.

https://youtu.be/eQVJoxiy8Lo
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    When I first connected my PS Audio SGC to my amp, I was using Signal cables XLR's. I later bought some Kimber hero XLR's and have had them in system for quite awhile. I decided to try the Signal Cable xlr's again, and I do notice more prominent low end. I think they are gonna stay.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Very nice! I have a Signal cable digital cable to try still, Frank makes good cables
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    FIlled my 32" Trans Decco speaker stands with non-clumping cat litter.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    halo wrote: »

Nice! I'm assuming it was, pristine? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Installed AQ Colorado IC 1m and 2 sets of the same model XLR’s
    The mids and soundstage just opened up. Top end cleaner. I like the return on investment (when I can get a deal) that I get with Audioquest
    Good stuff

Niagara 1200 is next.
  • mhardy6647
    verb wrote: »
    halo wrote: »

Nice! I'm assuming it was, pristine? :smile:

... unless he was looking for some dampening to go along with his damping.

B)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Good job. Dedicated 20 amp lines are the only way to go. I have three in my stereo, and one in my HT. I need to add two more in the HT, one for the left and right channel amp, since that is also my backup stereo.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.