Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

1175176178180181202

Comments

  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,091
    ddog wrote: »
    Is says local pick up only...

    He's local
  • ddogddog Posts: 228
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Is says local pick up only...

    He's local

    10-4..
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,819
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Nhpenn wrote: »

    Is anyone here bidding on these? I'd like to if no one here needs them. Hoping to pick these up for a fellow member here if possible.

    Where you at? I'm down in Puyallup...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

    Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • ddogddog Posts: 228
    edited March 2019
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Nhpenn wrote: »

    Is anyone here bidding on these? I'd like to if no one here needs them. Hoping to pick these up for a fellow member here if possible.

    Oh man...I'm sorry, earlier I totally read your post wrong.

    I wonder what shipping to SoCal would be on these..?
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,590
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Nhpenn wrote: »

    Is anyone here bidding on these? I'd like to if no one here needs them. Hoping to pick these up for a fellow member here if possible.

    Where you at? I'm down in Puyallup...

    I'm South of you in Vancouver right now but occasionally do cover work in Seattle when tower crane operators need time off for something. You ever been to that Goodwill?
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • verbverb Posts: 10,235
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ddogddog Posts: 228
    Okay so the 2.3's at the Seattle Goodwill on Ebay sold today..
    Did anyone here get them..?
    Sold for just under $600...
  • ThomasDThomasD Posts: 260
    edited April 2019
    Wondering myself.
    Robert, @audioluvr was considerate enough to bid on them and store for me if successfully bid. Haven't heard either way. $598 didn't seem like a bad deal for someone. The only pair I've seen this far north went for $1000 and wasn't in very good shape at all.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • ddogddog Posts: 228
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,590
    edited April 2019
    Not I. I didn't want to go that high on something sight unseen. Someone wanted them really bad!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • ddogddog Posts: 228
    edited April 2019
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...
  • verbverb Posts: 10,235
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,091
    subkron wrote: »
    $450 for SRS 2.3 with bad PR, no affiliation

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/276129959972503/

    You can find dentures for chickens easier than that passive radiator.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    ddog wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...

    Please don't cut up a pair of 15s.
  • ddogddog Posts: 228
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...

    Please don't cut up a pair of 15s.

    I'm not cutting up the speeakers!
    Just like the 11tl's that are now going back together and will be exactly as they were, the 15tl's can be put back together to their original state as well.

    I'm just removing the parts from the cabinets and installing them into a new cabinet/s and storing the original cabinets.

    No harm was done to any polk speakers.... but they sure do make for one hell of a bad a$$ center channel speaker/s!!!!
  • ThomasDThomasD Posts: 260
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    subkron wrote: »
    $450 for SRS 2.3 with bad PR, no affiliation

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/276129959972503/

    You can find dentures for chickens easier than that passive radiator.

    https://dentistforchickens.com.au/dentures/
    Yep, your absolutely right!! B)
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 727
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,534
    2-channel
    Belles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM, Magnepan LRS, Polk Audio SDA-SRS, AudioQuest Cable throughout. Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 (soon)
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 727
    xsmi wrote: »

    I suspect you have to be a member of the Audiophiles on a Budget facebook group. It works for me.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • xschopxschop Posts: 1,632
    xschop wrote: »
    Asked a friend to snatch these up if he can....we'll see....

    https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ele/d/mustang-polk-audio-speakers/6860731596.html

    Snatched up by my FIL for a measly $60...
    Can these officially be 'TL'-ed?
    ugrht1qj3c9t.png
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 727
    Polk Audio SDA 1Cs asking $400 with I/C. "Overall great condition for age." No affiliation.
    https://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/d/greenville-polk-audio-sda-1c-towers/6845617644.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 727
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,671
    id buy that if it was close. 19 hours 1 way is not close
    ...
    ...
    Randy/Maine .. SDA-CRS+TL-RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,297
    edited April 2019
    I'm one that would have it at home already also. It would be my 3rd.

    I sold my last one about a year ago for 100.00 to help a guy out and regret it for some reason. I guess I know what a GEM it is. ;)

    Short story... :p
    Shortly after I sold that CS350 to help the guy out, a CS1000P came up for sale with some FX300i surrounds and a PSW650 sub for 50.00 more than I sold the other center for. That was last summer I think.

    I JUST bought ANOTHER PSW650 the other day for 50.00. I let it sit on Craig's list for a few days but it never sold. Maybe a week passed and I just knew what a great sub it is, I emailed them. It was a guy who bought something from me and I from him over the past 10 years. It was funny. His wife brought the sub to my cottage's porch in her SUV since she was coming a few blocks away the day after I emailed them. Darn those subs are HEAVY! :s Now it's been in the way and my groin hurt for almost a week but it's ok now. :)

    Thank you Lord! Karma...? Maybe.

    Another short story.
    An old friend told me he bought a set of beautiful Boston speakers at the Habit store for 50.00. He hated to pay that much but he loved their looks. As he was describing them, I remembered a set I had that I sold to a member here years ago, T. Inguyendot.

    I was at my PC when he was describing them and looking for their model number. I told him I think I know and they came in 2 sizes. The M50 or the M60. I hoped he got the bigger ones of what I owned before.

    He said "These are VR-M60".
    plys5oljtm20.png
    yhfa10v6rifc.png

    I told him yup, I had those before. You did? he asked. Yea, the M60s. I asked him if he knew what they cost new. He didn't have a clue.

    I told him 1K to 1200.00. 'WHAT?!" he asked. "Are you kidding me?!. No...I'm not, that's what they were when they were new. He said him and I were always attracted to the finer things in the audio world.

    I agreed. ;):D

    He just had his 80th birthday last month too. He still looks for the GEMS all the time. It gives him something to do he says. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 10,235
    Nice story Tony! I'm sure you got plenty more! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,237
    edited April 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'm one that would have it at home already also. It would be my 3rd.

    I sold my last one about a year ago for 100.00 to help a guy out and regret it for some reason. I guess I know what a GEM it is. ;)

    Short story... :p
    Shortly after I sold that CS350 to help the guy out, a CS1000P came up for sale with some FX300i surrounds and a PSW650 sub for 50.00 more than I sold the other center for. That was last summer I think.

    I JUST bought ANOTHER PSW650 the other day for 50.00. I let it sit on Craig's list for a few days but it never sold. Maybe a week passed and I just knew what a great sub it is, I emailed them. It was a guy who bought something from me and I from him over the past 10 years. It was funny. His wife brought the sub to my cottage's porch in her SUV since she was coming a few blocks away the day after I emailed them. Darn those subs are HEAVY! :s Now it's been in the way and my groin hurt for almost a week but it's ok now. :)

    Thank you Lord! Karma...? Maybe.

    Another short story.
    An old friend told me he bought a set of beautiful Boston speakers at the Habit store for 50.00. He hated to pay that much but he loved their looks. As he was describing them, I remembered a set I had that I sold to a member here years ago, T. Inguyendot.

    I was at my PC when he was describing them and looking for their model number. I told him I think I know and they came in 2 sizes. The M50 or the M60. I hoped he got the bigger ones of what I owned before.

    He said "These are VR-M60".
    plys5oljtm20.png
    yhfa10v6rifc.png

    I told him yup, I had those before. You did? he asked. Yea, the M60s. I asked him if he knew what they cost new. He didn't have a clue.

    I told him 1K to 1200.00. 'WHAT?!" he asked. "Are you kidding me?!. No...I'm not, that's what they were when they were new. He said him and I were always attracted to the finer things in the audio world.

    I agreed. ;):D

    He just had his 80th birthday last month too. He still looks for the GEMS all the time. It gives him something to do he says. :)

    This is a great story! Don't stop remembering and writing them here. People experiences are so warming. It's funny how certain speakers appeal because of their looks. Those Boston's really have the "look" like a piece of art. I plan to be on the lookout for a pair. (Update: Near mint pair on eBay $350 and others cheaper.)

    Boston1450 said the CS350 is too far away as I know he is in Maine. I have a CS350 that Wessmassguy helped me buy from CL several years ago by convincing the seller to ship; it was in Maine for $85.
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,671
    ^^^^ i didnt see that. Nice score for sure. I have the Cs1000p but id love to add a decent sub with center same size as the Cs350. They are well regarded here.... I got my RTA15tl speakers right here in this thread from Denver Colo. Had them shipped to Maine. Excellent experience as well
    ...
    ...
    Randy/Maine .. SDA-CRS+TL-RTA15TL-Cs1000p
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!