Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

1172173175177178229

Comments

  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,367
    Darn!
    If they still had them, I was going to tell them I had a friend close to them that would buy them after looking at them in person. But...I was probably next in line. Sorry. :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nhpenn
    Nhpenn Posts: 56
    Not really sure if its a deal (they seem a little abused) but I've never heard of the Signature Edition, is there anything special about them other then the little plaque?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-sda-Signature-Edition-PICK-UP-ONLY/183690298218?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 20,693
    edited February 2019
    I got some just like those. Work good and yes i have all sonicaps in mine but never bought RD-0194's for them. I had plenty of SL1000's lol
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,862
    Nhpenn wrote: »
    Not really sure if its a deal (they seem a little abused) but I've never heard of the Signature Edition, is there anything special about them other then the little plaque?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-sda-Signature-Edition-PICK-UP-ONLY/183690298218?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

    I have a feeling these will be sitting a while for that price...
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,602
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Nhpenn wrote: »
    Not really sure if its a deal (they seem a little abused) but I've never heard of the Signature Edition, is there anything special about them other then the little plaque?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-sda-Signature-Edition-PICK-UP-ONLY/183690298218?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

    I have a feeling these will be sitting a while for that price...

    looking closely at the pics, they seem to suffer from being stored in a musty basement for 10 years. Everything looks oxidized and just not right.
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-Sold
    Electro Voice EV-SIX
    Infinity-Sold
    Advent-Now gone
    Yamaha A-S801
    Yamaha RX-V377
    Yamaha RX-A860
    Yamaha RX-A3060
    Harman Kardon Hk-350i
    Harman Kardon Hk-........
    Harman Kardon PM-665
    Harman Kardon HK-775
    Pioneer.......Stereo Receiver

  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,727
    K_M wrote: »
    looking closely at the pics, they seem to suffer from being stored in a musty basement for 10 years. Everything looks oxidized and just not right.

    That's OK, it just adds to the vintage of them....
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?


    http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,038
    Nothing a little loving & elbow grease cant bring back to life. What better winta projects to do on cold winta day
    Randy/Maine ..RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 818
    SDA 2s taking offers in Chattanooga, TN. No affiliation.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1070297826491905/
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Nhpenn wrote: »
    Not really sure if its a deal (they seem a little abused) but I've never heard of the Signature Edition, is there anything special about them other then the little plaque?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-sda-Signature-Edition-PICK-UP-ONLY/183690298218?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

    These are virtually the same but with some upgrades. No affiliation. cfstc8z0fnq0.jpg
    https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/san-antonio-polk-audio-speakers-sda/6825761717.html

    I had to lol at the "black paint" tweeter on these. I am guessing (hoping) its disconnected. I assume someone put SL2000's in it and then it got upgraded crossovers and RD0's. I suppose with one SL2000 and one RD0 it looked like it had a back eye :p.

    01212_4VYQkEmJNEH_1200x900.jpg


    One might be able to put a fill in the screw holes from the SL2000 and put a cover plate over the unused tweeter.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,367
    Good eye! I didn't even see that!

    Like I've said before...maybe I need stronger glasses.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 404
    edited February 2019
    That's not a black eye, that's a seductive wink!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

    I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 818
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,367
    :#:s

    But I wonder how it sounds. Maybe there's a 12" passive on the backside. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited February 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    :#:s

    But I wonder how it sounds. Maybe there's a 12" passive on the backside. ;)

    Sorry only a 10 inch.........

    But even though this is a horror.............you have to admit it is kind of cool (or at least a cool idea). Batteries, amp and volume control too. This guy thought of everything.

    I wonder if you can modify them to take an SDA interconnect if you get two ?

    z2n9y3d8z049.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 20,693
    That son of a gun cannot be air tight...
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That son of a gun cannot be air tight...

    Sure it is its a Samsonite..............Remember old the commercials?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 20,693
    delkal wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That son of a gun cannot be air tight...

    Sure it is its a Samsonite..............Remember old the commercials?

    With the gorilla? :p:p:p
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,489
    My old man had a Samsonite just like that
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,571
    I have that exact Samsonite suitcase, same color, wheels and all. I'll donate it. You guys build it and let me know! :D
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,367
    edited February 2019
    Dropped from a plane too. :D

    I just looked for it and couldn't find it. :/
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited February 2019
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    delkal wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That son of a gun cannot be air tight...

    Sure it is its a Samsonite..............Remember old the commercials?

    With the gorilla? :p:p:p

    I think so but that was a long time ago......... 70's-early 80's?

    Only suitcase commercial I remember.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 4,147
    delkal wrote: »
    z2n9y3d8z049.jpg

    Looks like he did it to some old JBL's too. Look in the background...
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

    by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 20,693
    delkal wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    delkal wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That son of a gun cannot be air tight...

    Sure it is its a Samsonite..............Remember old the commercials?

    With the gorilla? :p:p:p

    Only suitcase commercial I remember.

    When is the last time you seen ANY suitcase commercials? I bet it's been decades for me.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,336


    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streamer: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 4,147
    The LA airport must still hire this guerilla to transfer luggage because he tore off both my handles last month going to Cabo...
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

    by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Drew, those H&K receivers are no joke. I had one briefly, it had a distortion problem on start up but once she warmed up she sounded wonderful. I couldn't stand the distortion though and I returned it. I'd bet money the tape and turntable are nice as well. If you are looking for an affordable vintage receiver that is fairly pretty, grab it. :)
    Plus it comes with Monitor 7s, and $325 is a deal in my book.
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 404
    delkal wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That son of a gun cannot be air tight...

    Sure it is its a Samsonite..............Remember old the commercials?

    <3 my 3.1TLs

    I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 10,925
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Drew, those H&K receivers are no joke. I had one briefly, it had a distortion problem on start up but once she warmed up she sounded wonderful. I couldn't stand the distortion though and I returned it. I'd bet money the tape and turntable are nice as well. If you are looking for an affordable vintage receiver that is fairly pretty, grab it. :)
    Plus it comes with Monitor 7s, and $325 is a deal in my book.

    Well it's $350 but I could probably talk him down to $325. And I agree, I would love to play with this as a second system, but I literally have no where to put it. I bet it would be a lot of fun to listen to though.