Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

1175176178180181222

Comments

  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,181
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Nhpenn wrote: »

    Is anyone here bidding on these? I'd like to if no one here needs them. Hoping to pick these up for a fellow member here if possible.

    Where you at? I'm down in Puyallup...
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 229
    edited March 2019
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Nhpenn wrote: »

    Is anyone here bidding on these? I'd like to if no one here needs them. Hoping to pick these up for a fellow member here if possible.

    Oh man...I'm sorry, earlier I totally read your post wrong.

    I wonder what shipping to SoCal would be on these..?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,718
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Nhpenn wrote: »

    Is anyone here bidding on these? I'd like to if no one here needs them. Hoping to pick these up for a fellow member here if possible.

    Where you at? I'm down in Puyallup...

    I'm South of you in Vancouver right now but occasionally do cover work in Seattle when tower crane operators need time off for something. You ever been to that Goodwill?
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

    by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 9,925
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 229
    Okay so the 2.3's at the Seattle Goodwill on Ebay sold today..
    Did anyone here get them..?
    Sold for just under $600...
  • ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    edited April 2019
    Wondering myself.
    Robert, @audioluvr was considerate enough to bid on them and store for me if successfully bid. Haven't heard either way. $598 didn't seem like a bad deal for someone. The only pair I've seen this far north went for $1000 and wasn't in very good shape at all.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 229
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,718
    edited April 2019
    Not I. I didn't want to go that high on something sight unseen. Someone wanted them really bad!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

    by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 229
    edited April 2019
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...
  • verb
    verb Posts: 9,925
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,491
    subkron wrote: »
    $450 for SRS 2.3 with bad PR, no affiliation

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/276129959972503/

    You can find dentures for chickens easier than that passive radiator.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    ddog wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...

    Please don't cut up a pair of 15s.
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 229
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...

    Please don't cut up a pair of 15s.

    I'm not cutting up the speeakers!
    Just like the 11tl's that are now going back together and will be exactly as they were, the 15tl's can be put back together to their original state as well.

    I'm just removing the parts from the cabinets and installing them into a new cabinet/s and storing the original cabinets.

    No harm was done to any polk speakers.... but they sure do make for one hell of a bad a$$ center channel speaker/s!!!!
  • ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    subkron wrote: »
    $450 for SRS 2.3 with bad PR, no affiliation

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/276129959972503/

    You can find dentures for chickens easier than that passive radiator.

    https://dentistforchickens.com.au/dentures/
    Yep, your absolutely right!! B)
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 798
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,662
    2-channel
    Belles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Schiit Mani Phono Pre, Moon LP 3 Phono Pre, Polk Audio SDA-SRS, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 798
    xsmi wrote: »

    I suspect you have to be a member of the Audiophiles on a Budget facebook group. It works for me.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 2,047
    xschop wrote: »
    Asked a friend to snatch these up if he can....we'll see....

    https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ele/d/mustang-polk-audio-speakers/6860731596.html

    Snatched up by my FIL for a measly $60...
    Can these officially be 'TL'-ed?
    ugrht1qj3c9t.png
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 798
    Polk Audio SDA 1Cs asking $400 with I/C. "Overall great condition for age." No affiliation.
    https://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/d/greenville-polk-audio-sda-1c-towers/6845617644.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 798
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 6,878
    id buy that if it was close. 19 hours 1 way is not close
    Randy/Maine ..RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,913
    edited April 2019
    I'm one that would have it at home already also. It would be my 3rd.

    I sold my last one about a year ago for 100.00 to help a guy out and regret it for some reason. I guess I know what a GEM it is. ;)

    Short story... :p
    Shortly after I sold that CS350 to help the guy out, a CS1000P came up for sale with some FX300i surrounds and a PSW650 sub for 50.00 more than I sold the other center for. That was last summer I think.

    I JUST bought ANOTHER PSW650 the other day for 50.00. I let it sit on Craig's list for a few days but it never sold. Maybe a week passed and I just knew what a great sub it is, I emailed them. It was a guy who bought something from me and I from him over the past 10 years. It was funny. His wife brought the sub to my cottage's porch in her SUV since she was coming a few blocks away the day after I emailed them. Darn those subs are HEAVY! :s Now it's been in the way and my groin hurt for almost a week but it's ok now. :)

    Thank you Lord! Karma...? Maybe.

    Another short story.
    An old friend told me he bought a set of beautiful Boston speakers at the Habit store for 50.00. He hated to pay that much but he loved their looks. As he was describing them, I remembered a set I had that I sold to a member here years ago, T. Inguyendot.

    I was at my PC when he was describing them and looking for their model number. I told him I think I know and they came in 2 sizes. The M50 or the M60. I hoped he got the bigger ones of what I owned before.

    He said "These are VR-M60".
    plys5oljtm20.png
    yhfa10v6rifc.png

    I told him yup, I had those before. You did? he asked. Yea, the M60s. I asked him if he knew what they cost new. He didn't have a clue.

    I told him 1K to 1200.00. 'WHAT?!" he asked. "Are you kidding me?!. No...I'm not, that's what they were when they were new. He said him and I were always attracted to the finer things in the audio world.

    I agreed. ;):D

    He just had his 80th birthday last month too. He still looks for the GEMS all the time. It gives him something to do he says. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 9,925
    Nice story Tony! I'm sure you got plenty more! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,563
    edited April 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'm one that would have it at home already also. It would be my 3rd.

    I sold my last one about a year ago for 100.00 to help a guy out and regret it for some reason. I guess I know what a GEM it is. ;)

    Short story... :p
    Shortly after I sold that CS350 to help the guy out, a CS1000P came up for sale with some FX300i surrounds and a PSW650 sub for 50.00 more than I sold the other center for. That was last summer I think.

    I JUST bought ANOTHER PSW650 the other day for 50.00. I let it sit on Craig's list for a few days but it never sold. Maybe a week passed and I just knew what a great sub it is, I emailed them. It was a guy who bought something from me and I from him over the past 10 years. It was funny. His wife brought the sub to my cottage's porch in her SUV since she was coming a few blocks away the day after I emailed them. Darn those subs are HEAVY! :s Now it's been in the way and my groin hurt for almost a week but it's ok now. :)

    Thank you Lord! Karma...? Maybe.

    Another short story.
    An old friend told me he bought a set of beautiful Boston speakers at the Habit store for 50.00. He hated to pay that much but he loved their looks. As he was describing them, I remembered a set I had that I sold to a member here years ago, T. Inguyendot.

    I was at my PC when he was describing them and looking for their model number. I told him I think I know and they came in 2 sizes. The M50 or the M60. I hoped he got the bigger ones of what I owned before.

    He said "These are VR-M60".
    plys5oljtm20.png
    yhfa10v6rifc.png

    I told him yup, I had those before. You did? he asked. Yea, the M60s. I asked him if he knew what they cost new. He didn't have a clue.

    I told him 1K to 1200.00. 'WHAT?!" he asked. "Are you kidding me?!. No...I'm not, that's what they were when they were new. He said him and I were always attracted to the finer things in the audio world.

    I agreed. ;):D

    He just had his 80th birthday last month too. He still looks for the GEMS all the time. It gives him something to do he says. :)

    This is a great story! Don't stop remembering and writing them here. People experiences are so warming. It's funny how certain speakers appeal because of their looks. Those Boston's really have the "look" like a piece of art. I plan to be on the lookout for a pair. (Update: Near mint pair on eBay $350 and others cheaper.)

    Boston1450 said the CS350 is too far away as I know he is in Maine. I have a CS350 that Wessmassguy helped me buy from CL several years ago by convincing the seller to ship; it was in Maine for $85.
    You Can't Resist Propaganda if You Can't Recognize It
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia

  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 6,878
    ^^^^ i didnt see that. Nice score for sure. I have the Cs1000p but id love to add a decent sub with center same size as the Cs350. They are well regarded here.... I got my RTA15tl speakers right here in this thread from Denver Colo. Had them shipped to Maine. Excellent experience as well
    Randy/Maine ..RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,250
    I had the M-50s and paid 225 for them and sold them for 275 after a few months.

    They are great sounding speakers. I’d own them again for 50 bucks in a heartbeat.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,913
    I'll try to type some more audio related stories here as long as I live I guess.

    I thought about getting another pair of Boston's off of eBay a couple/few of years ago too. I saw some for $200+pr. to $400pr. for the M60s but I never bought any.
    At that time, I had a boat load of audio gear and speakers and sure didn't need to buy anything more valued more than a 100.00 UNLESS it was something I hadn't heard or owned before and a GEM too.

    Back about the same time that I bought my Boston's( Pawn shop), I purchased a pr. of Paradigm Studio 20s...V3 from a GUN and Pawn shop. It's a BIG gun shop and a tiny pawn shop up front. There's always like 5 customers in there with 5 employees helping them. I was amazed at these paradigm's beauty just like the Boston's beauty.
    I went home and researched them and went right back and bought them! Man they were nice sounding too. :p Probably the best sounding bookies I've ever owned.
    ji8uddetnss7.png

    I sold them during the time audio gear reselling prices was bottomed out. I sold my Studio 20s V3 for 180.00. :s Now they're priced around ( none on eBay for 1 pr. only now) ...so back years ago, I saw them for sale at 700.00 pr. I think they were. :'( And right now, I'd say they're worth 700.00 pr. too. ;)

    They are definitely another set I SERIOUSLY regret selling! :'(

    2 beautiful speaker sets sitting in pawn shops across the street from each other at the same time...Crazy good time shopping that week or month! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.