Latest Netflix find

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    We are watching Narcos Mexico. Took a bit before it gets good.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in mindless gore froma darker graphic novel, watch Polar.

Watched it while my wife was away so I could turn up the subs for a bit more impact :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306

Watched it while my wife was away so I could turn up the subs for a bit more impact :smile:

I enjoyed Polar a lot more than I expected to. Seemed a bit like John Wick 2.0.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943

Probably a good thing the wife couldn’t get into it then. I’ll wait to do the same.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Watched Meru last evening. A very interesting and beautifully filmed documentary.

Check out Valley Uprising.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQXWnoipdFE
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Really digging Umbrella Academy on Netflix. Cool show!

Wife is watching Russian Doll - she's enjoying it. I caught a funny line and actually laughed out loud. Natasha Lyonne (the main character) tells someone she's like the spawn of Andrew Dice Clay and that chick from Brave.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,296
    edited February 2019
    For those of you that enjoyed The Haunting Of Hill House, Netflix has agreed to at least one sequel thus far. The director and producer will be returning, and the first of the new seasons will be called “The Haunting Of Bly Manor”. It will feature a new story and cast.

Good news indeed.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    Ok, a guy at work told me to watch “Winnebago Man.” Lots of profanity from a guy who sold Winnebago campers. Some kind of documentary
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,628
    dromunds wrote: »
    Ok, a guy at work told me to watch “Winnebago Man.” Lots of profanity from a guy who sold Winnebago campers. Some kind of documentary

There was a video of several outtakes edited together of an infomercial being made. (I posted it here once and it got deleted.) :p

It became an internet sensation, so someone made a documentary about it and tracked-down the guy in the infomercial.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287

Is this on Netflix or prime? Its not coming up on a search for me
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Formula 1: Drive to Survive PREMIERING March 8th

PLAY TRAILER

Looks interesting.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2019
    Want to see a REAL eye opener documentary? Check out "Wild Wild Country" it's 7 parts, 1hr each about the take-over of Antelope, Oregon in the 80's. It's riveting, and scary as hell. If you didn't think stuff like this could actually happen in America, welcome to reality.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Just got done watching "Frontier" (very good) Now watching "Hell on wheels" and liking it very much as well.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    https://youtu.be/-NOp5ROn1HE

Looking forward to seeing this..
  • joecoulson
    FORMULA 1 SHOW IS AWESOME!
  • Willow
    We started watching Fargo (TV series) my wife is into it but I can't seem to be.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    Willow wrote: »
    We started watching Fargo (TV series) my wife is into it but I can't seem to be.

Are you watching Fargo on Netflix? It doesn't show up as an option for us. My wife and I have watched all but the last season by purchasing it on Amazon. It would be great if we could stream it on Netflix.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Willow

Are you watching Fargo on Netflix? It doesn't show up as an option for us. My wife and I have watched all but the last season by purchasing it on Amazon. It would be great if we could stream it on Netflix.

Yes on Netflix, perhaps it is because I'm in Canada? I don't know how many seasons there are on Netflix.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993

Yes on Netflix, perhaps it is because I'm in Canada? I don't know how many seasons there are on Netflix.

Maybe you are right. It might be because you are in Canada. I guess a road trip to Canada for my wife and myself is indicated. I'll bring the popcorn! Now what's your address??? :)
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    erniejade wrote: »

Is this on Netflix or prime? Its not coming up on a search for me

Sorry Ernie, I didn’t see this until now. I’ve been told it was taken off Netflix. I’ll look but I seem to remember it was on Amazon Prime
  • EndersShadow
    Love Death + Robots is good! Lots of little shorts.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,123
    Love Death + Robots is good! Lots of little shorts.
    I've been working through this one too. It's not my favorite, but the variety keeps me coming back. Even if you hate every single story, the animations are stunning.

Also VERY NSFW if anyone was thinking of trying it with kids around the office.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

finished this last night. Not bad.

Finished "Sherlock Holmes" Really good!

Still working on "Travelers"

Boy I need a job!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Willow
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

finished this last night. Not bad.

Finished "Sherlock Holmes" Really good!

Still working on "Travelers"

Boy I need a job!

You have one..posting your finds here. It just doesn't pay
  • joecoulson
    Highwaymen.
    Great movie!
  • EndersShadow
    One strange rock is really good. Lots of GREAT video, and safe for the entire family.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    edited April 2019
    One strange rock is really good. Lots of GREAT video, and safe for the entire family.

I'll second that. The redundant Buddhist Monk/ Aborigine/Local native crap was dumb and boring but the rest was very revealing.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,296
    edited April 2019
    It’s on Prime, but Hanna is excellent so far. I’m 4 episodes in, and already wanting to ration the remaining episodes to one a day to make it last, lol. Kinda like Bourne, but better character development.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    daddyjt wrote: »
    It’s on Prime, but Hanna is excellent so far. I’m 4 episodes in, and already wanting to ration the remaining episodes to one a day to make it last, lol. Kinda like Bourne, but better character development.

I wanted to like Hanna, but found it way too slowly paced. Ended up fast forwarding through too many parts with "talking heads". I enjoyed the movie, which this is based on, but they had to string it out way too long to make a series out of it, imo.