Latest Netflix find

Comments

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,018
    Not on Netflix, it was on PBS ...

For those with a Roku device, PBS now has a Roku channel for contributors.

Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    Started watching the Bodyguard (UK version). Still in the first episode but it might be ok.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    The Kaminsky Method is absolutely hilarious...but might hit too close to home for some of you old farts!! :D
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    So far Daredevil season 3 might be the best yet...can’t believe they cancelled it!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    So far Daredevil season 3 might be the best yet...can’t believe they cancelled it!

Isn't that what usually happens?
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    edited December 2018
    muncybob wrote: »
    USA Today suggests American Vandal, You and Maniac. Time to add them to my list and check them out.
    American Vandal....the first one....was hilarious but maybe not suitable for some audiences. Maniac was great and one of the best ones I have seen in awhile. Just finished Wild Wild West which I had no idea actually happened out in Oregon since I am too young (don’t say that too often) to remember. Falls under the category you couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried...

• Narcos Mexico was fantastic! Way better than the first series IMO.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    BIRD BOX WAS FLIPPING AWESKME!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Agree! Very good.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Frontier, lovin it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,954
    My sister suggested Rake. An Australian series with some strange legal cases. 3 episodes in, so far so good.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I am binge watching Bad Blood today. It has kept me entertained for the past few hours.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,296
    scubalab wrote: »
    Started watching The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix Original series) yesterday. Very good so far. First episode was a little slow, but man, I haven't seen a horror flick/show this good in a loooooooooong time.

This was quite possibly the best “horror” movie/tv offering I have ever seen. While not entirely fair to compare it to a movie - primarily because it’s too difficult to develope meaningful charachters in 2-3 hours - this 10 episode series is light years ahead of box office offerings. As an added bonus, it wraps up all the loose ends, and doesn’t rely on continuum breaches to do so. Some excellent “ah-ha” moments, and a couple flat out bone-chilling jump-scares are the icing on the cake.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• joecoulson
    No doubt. The kid on the couch when she realized it was herself above her was amazing.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    In keeping with overseas stuff..

Smoking
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    joecoulson wrote: »
    No doubt.
    The kid on the couch when she realized it was herself above her was amazing.
    Dude, spoiler much??? Fortunately, I've already seen it, but I use this thread to learn about new shows. Would rather people not give too much away...
  • joecoulson
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    No doubt.
    The kid on the couch when she realized it was herself above her was amazing.
    Dude, spoiler much??? Fortunately, I've already seen it, but I use this thread to learn about new shows. Would rather people not give too much away...

I’m very sorry. That was amateur of me. Please know I didn’t do it on purpose.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    edited December 2018

Tell us how you really feel, Dan. But I agree, Bird Box was really good.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    daddyjt wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »
    Started watching The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix Original series) yesterday. Very good so far. First episode was a little slow, but man, I haven't seen a horror flick/show this good in a loooooooooong time.

This was quite possibly the best “horror” movie/tv offering I have ever seen. While not entirely fair to compare it to a movie - primarily because it’s too difficult to develope meaningful charachters in 2-3 hours - this 10 episode series is light years ahead of box office offerings. As an added bonus, it wraps up all the loose ends, and doesn’t rely on continuum breaches to do so. Some excellent “ah-ha” moments, and a couple flat out bone-chilling jump-scares are the icing on the cake.

What was really impressive was episode 5 or 6... The entire episode was filmed in just 4 or 5 scenes. I believe the first 17 minutes had zero cuts (one scene)! That takes some impressive acting and camera work. Additionally, I read that they actually had to build a connecting set between the funeral home and Hill House for the part where Timothy Hutton walks down the hall in the funeral home (looking for the bathroom) and ends up back to Hill house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8gJ81M39Ig

We also found some cool YouTube videos showing all of the 'hidden' ghosts throughout the series. Very cool how they worked very subtle ghosts into scenes, many of which we never noticed when watching it.

Possible spoiler alert (didn't use the spoiler button to keep the video link showing) - I don't remember this video being a spoiler, but it does show short clips from all the episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmE4M6puY-4
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287

nexihcvr1tv3.jpg

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Grand Hotel (the Spanish version set in Spain) was really good. And the female actors are drop dead gorgeous.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396

Just finished Damnation, which I enjoyed. Had to give it a couple episodes but really got drawn into it.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    edited January 2019
    Longmire, Ozark and Vikings.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Viking64 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Vikings.

m3vw5lv6dgt2.jpg

Cute!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636

I didn't like it. In the end you never know what it was all about.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo wrote: »

Exactly. The shell of it was good, but it lacked any real substance.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Ricardo wrote: »

I like the mystery factor of not knowing. I mean isn't that what the whole movie is really about? Not knowing what is in front of you, I mean even the camera angles don't give us an idea of what is in front of the given character on the screen.

The only time we see what is in "front" of them is when they don't have a blindfold on. I thought the cinematography was fantastic.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member