Latest Netflix find

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Thanks to Toolfan mentioning The Dirt, we watched it last night pretty good one.
    ty7cikzh3k7a.jpg
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Thanks to Toolfan mentioning The Dirt, we watched it last night pretty good one.
    ty7cikzh3k7a.jpg

it's on our list as to watch.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Santa Clarita Diet is still fantastic. Season 3 just came out and it’s “laugh out loud” funny as were the first two seasons. We’re only a few episodes in on S03.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    ty7cikzh3k7a.jpg

I watched the Dirt this past weekend. I was never a big Motley Crue fan, but this movie was entertaining.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    The Dirt was fun. It's hard to make movies about such big bands without a lot of haters, but I think this was done about as well as it could have been. I think having all the guys in the band involved was a big part of it's success. Plus as a group I think they have always done a good job of understanding the business while still pushing when they want something done their own way.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Willow
    Watched the Dirt last night. Except for a couple shots of the dubbed singing the movie was good. I'm not a fan of MC but their story was very interesting.
  • Willow
    We've started Blacklist. It's decent I must say. Not the best show but certainly not the worst.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Street Food. Fantastic show! Especially for foodies.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 721
    Willow wrote: »
    We've started Blacklist. It's decent I must say. Not the best show but certainly not the worst.

^Agreed^. And then I found "The 100" and have been hooked since. I'm only half way into the second season.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Street Food. Fantastic show! Especially for foodies.
    This was on my radar! Glad to hear it's as good as the trailer makes it look.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    HzTweaker wrote: »

^Agreed^. And then I found "The 100" and have been hooked since. I'm only half way into the second season.

Watched ALL of "the 100". Good one.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • scubalab
    edited May 2019
    scubalab wrote: »
    Santa Clarita Diet is still fantastic. Season 3 just came out and it’s “laugh out loud” funny as were the first two seasons. We’re only a few episodes in on S03.

Well frick… Netflix cancelled the show just a month after releasing Season 3. Oh well...

http://chng.it/ZfnNwnwHYD <--What the heck... I signed the petition, LOL!
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785

Well frick… Netflix cancelled the show just a month after releasing Season 3. Oh well...

Well, I just canceled Netflix. Rate hikin sons a guns. Twice in 12 months, no thanks.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937

Well, I just canceled Netflix. Rate hikin sons a guns. Twice in 12 months, no thanks.

$16 bucks a month for 4K on multiple screens at a time. Thousands of shows, lots admittedly crap, but lots of REALLY good stuff including documentaries, nature shows, movies for the kids, etc. I can't think of a better entertainment value personally. But you do you man!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Only kidding really. But it adds up, YouTube TV also went up twice in last 12 months. Time to dump a couple I use least. I canceled Spotify also :'( We don’t watch many movies and shows this time of year or till August anyway.

I find myself never finishing any series anymore. I just think it’s bad timing for Netflix to raise the price. I’m sure they know better than me though.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • rooftop59
    I agree it does add up, and I need to reassess some things as well. Netflix is the one thing I will keep for sure, at least for now.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • scubalab
    My problem with Netflix is their business model. After a little digging, it's clear why SO many good shows are cancelled after only 3 'seasons'. Apparently, they fund the season cost plus 30%. Then each subsequent season, the rate increases, and apparently at Season 4, it takes a HUGE jump. With Santa Clarita Diet and Narcos both cancelled after just 3 seasons, along with a TON of other great series, it just hits a nerve. Hopefully they at least pay to have another episode or two to tie up the loose end cliffhanger they left us with on SCD... but that's wishful thinking...

Paying the lower rates for 3 or fewer seasons of a series is smart business on their part... just trash any good show before season 4, and start a new one back at the lower costs. They've just got to make sure that doesn't backfire on them...
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    "The Bill Murray Stories". This documentary looks into some of the wacky and odd Bill Murray stories that have been floating around over the last several years. What a down to earth and likable guy he is! Check it out.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2019
    @scubalab

It will be interesting to see what changes, if any, are made to that model once the Disney streaming serve launches. Disney has the potential to be a industry disruptor and more than enough decent shows and cannon to work from...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I am about ready to switch to basic cable. For Netflix I get Blue Rays, one a month, and it sometimes takes me two months to watch one movie. I just can’t sit and watch TV. At least listening to my stereo I can cruise the Internet with my iPad Mini.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    Watched John and Yoko ABOVE US ONLY SKY last night. It's about Lennon's first solo album after the Beatles. Some very interesting footage. Well worth a watch.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Willow
    Brain games... I really like that kind of.
  • Willow
    Been watching designated survivor S3. interesting but for some reason they've added swearing into their dialogs and it seems like they are doing it a little to often.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    Been watching designated survivor S3. interesting but for some reason they've added swearing into their dialogs and it seems like they are doing it a little to often.

I find a lot of shows are doing that now, including the eff word. Surprised me that it was now okay to do.
  • rooftop59

ABC cancelled it after two seasons and Netflix picked it up. That's why the change happened. Netflix is like premium cable, far fewer restrictions as long as its rated properly...and they think they need it to be edgier to compete I imagine. Like the eff word is edgy nowadays lol...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    If you like British comedies, try White Gold.
    Set in 80’s and very funny.
  • Willow
    rooftop59 wrote: »

ABC cancelled it after two seasons and Netflix picked it up. That's why the change happened. Netflix is like premium cable, far fewer restrictions as long as its rated properly...and they think they need it to be edgier to compete I imagine. Like the eff word is edgy nowadays lol...

I just think it is funny that it went from clean to swearing constantly. It really caught me off guard not expecting it. I just find they are swearing a little too much.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Been watching Riverdale lately, pretty cool. "Hanna" on Amazon Prime is very cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Willow
    We watch Riverdale sometimes too. A bit cheesy but decent
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,296
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Been watching Riverdale lately, pretty cool. "Hanna" on Amazon Prime is very cool.

I thought Hanna was well done - I liked the fact that they focused more on the story than just a constant stream of fight scenes.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn