Latest Netflix find

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    Anyone play with the interactive Black Mirror episode??
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    edited January 2019
    Not yet - I am a huge fan of the series though. I am waiting for my son’s schedule and mine to synchronize so we can watch it together.

Started The Ranch the other night - funny as hell. It’s cool seeing Sam Elliott is such a whimsical role, - his dead-pan humor steels the show. “...why would a HORSE walk into a BAR?...”
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt wrote: »
    Not yet - I am a huge fan of the series though. I am waiting for my son’s schedule and mine to synchronize so we can watch it together.

Started The Ranch the other night - funny as hell. It’s cool seeing Sam Elliott is such a whimsical role, - his dead-pan humor steels the show. “...why would a HORSE walk into a BAR?...”

The Ranch is so much fun. Definitely my favorite show on Netflix.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited January 2019
    Bird Box would have made a much better series. Instead of bouncing from past to future, I would have rather seen it play out through time expanding on the situational conditions and reveal more about the characters. It was a lot to cram into two hours so plays like a highlight reel.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Ricardo wrote: »
    BIRD BOX WAS FLIPPING AWESKME!

I didn't like it. In the end you never know what it was all about.

I agree I did NOT like that aspect, but as far as an enthralling movie, it kept you guessing the entire time what was going to happen next......

At least it wasnt like signs where your in suspense waiting to see these "creatures", and then in the end.... you were vastly dissapointed...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    The Kominsky method.....for you old timers. Fantastic....Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin have chemistry up the ying yang. Cameo's by Jay Leno, Ann Margret, Elliott Gould, Danny Devito. Short series, I think only 6 shows.

The banter between these 2 is great. Topics like prostate cancer, wife's death, drug addiction, dating, will make you laugh and cry.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    tonyb wrote: »
    The Kominsky method.....for you old timers. Fantastic....Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin have chemistry up the ying yang. Cameo's by Jay Leno, Ann Margret, Elliott Gould, Danny Devito. Short series, I think only 6 shows.

The banter between these 2 is great. Topics like prostate cancer, wife's death, drug addiction, dating, will make you laugh and cry.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, it is excellent. My wife and I are a wee bit younger than the stars, but we were still dying it was so funny at points. And I teared up when Alan Arkin, well, don't want to spoil it...looking forward to the next season. They better make it before the stars croak!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    The Kominsky method is funny as heck.

I am not sure if it is because I am Bronx born and my grandmother lived in Manhattan but I have found the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel funny as well. Granted it's on Amazon and not Netflix but, I thought I would put it out there as well. Most of the folks in this actually sound like my relatives.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That reminded me of the other show thats awesome (kominsky-kaczynski) on Netflix called - Manhunt-Unabomber was well acted and very insteresting
  • rooftop59
    Absolutely loved Marvelous Mrs. Maisel! First season was absolutely briallant, I was really afraid season two would be a letdown. It wasn't. My wife and I watched the entire season over the holidays.

Funny thing about it, my wife couldn't watch Mad Men because it reminded her too much of work (shes in upper management but still puts up with a LOT of misogynistic BS - see e.g. silicon valley). But she loves Maisel because it tackles a lot of the same themes but is hilarious which makes it easier to watch...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • joecoulson
    My wife loves this one, I like it ok, but there is something about that main girl - she is a hottie
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Anyone play with the interactive Black Mirror episode??
    I loved this movie! The concept was cool on it's own, but it was really well executed and brings in some quality writing and literary elements as well. I know the info says it's an hour and half but I would plan a little longer because it can end up shorter or longer.

I plan to watch it a few more times and try to find the various paths to different endings. It's also filled with foreshadowing and easter eggs that may or may not be relevant based on the paths you take.

For the record, my GF was not a fan and gave up before we reached the final ending. Turns out we were only 2 choices away, but it's really hard to tell how much time you have left with the various reset/go back points.

I also went on YouTube and watched a spoiler of all the final endings which was fun. It's filled with little references to other Black Mirror episodes for the sharp fans.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    Has anyone watched Watership down on Netflix?
  • EndersShadow
    Willow wrote: »

I watched the first episode w my kids...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59

And?!?
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Willow
    I wasn't sure if it was kid appropriate. I was going to check it out Wednesday when I have some free time
  • rooftop59
    I wasn't sure if it was kid appropriate. I was going to check it out Wednesday when I have some free time

Well here’s something at least:

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/watership-down
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • EndersShadow

Honestly it was a little dark so I’d not do it for little ones.... I’d suggest watching the first episode and deciding for yourself....

I think I won’t let them watch the next few until I watch them myself...
    rooftop59 wrote: »

And?!?

I’ve annoyed you today :tongue: Objective achieved :wink:
  • Willow

Well here’s something at least:

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/watership-down

I really enjoyed the book many, many, years back. I think I will just watch it on my own and wait a couple years for them to watch it.
  • rooftop59

Honestly it was a little dark so I’d not do it for little ones.... I’d suggest watching the first episode and deciding for yourself....

I think I won’t let them watch the next few until I watch them myself...

And?!?

I’ve annoyed you today :tongue: Objective achieved :wink:

Damn you Dan!!!!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Willow
    OK, tried to watch Bird Box but I had a hard time with my blindfold on, I don't get it. ;) Seriously thought about 30-40 mins into it and we gave up, not my cup of tea.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    Second season of The Punisher is very good. Not super-hero-ey at all. Just a bad@ss with a gun, or two.
  • joecoulson
    watched IO - meh
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Watch “Bad Blood”. You won’t be disappointed.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,954
    Wife insisted to watch IO...was good for a nap I suppose. Been watching The Ranch and, just like Last Man Standing, it would be a whole lot better w/o that damn laugh track.

Rake is a decent watch too.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Watched Fyre on Netflix last night. Fantastic documentary! I didn’t realize the level of fraud that was involved in that debacle of a music festival.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    Watched the first episode of watership down, didn’t like it, nothing like the original movie, and that movie is not for young children...
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Anyone interested in mindless gore froma darker graphic novel, watch Polar.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • joecoulson
    Very interested in that but couldn’t get the wife on board. Funnily enough we started the Ted Bundy tapes. Very good so far.
  • Watched Meru last evening. A very interesting and beautifully filmed documentary.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.