Master Bath Remodel

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Good job. Probably took longer organizing and storing all the beauty supplies than the gut-out.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    AWESOME. You're a BRAVE soul.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Either that or dumb as a box of rocks. We’ll see when it’s done. Thanks Steve.
  • joecoulson
    Tile floor almost done (commode area).
    Shower floor poured. Durock fitted.
    Tomorrow shower gets tile and floor grouted

afqaoh3pdyha.jpeg
    thaqis0agm7e.jpeg
    fgn5f0fhoh3v.jpeg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Hey that tub looks like it won't take a half hour to fill! Nice.
  • joecoulson
    no doubt. Same width. Just not as long.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Looking good. When my home was being built. They used some kind of black-tar or butyl brush on layer over the Durock. No leaks after 5 years.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited February 2019
    Joe, just a word of advice on the framing of your tub. If you used nails, I would also use some wood screws as they don't work loose near as easily. The framing for my tub in my new bathroom used nails and I wish I had gone after the contractor and added screws as I can tell some of the nails have loosen some as I sometimes hear noise when my wife or I get out of the tub. The vibration of the pump could also cause this on the framing.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • joecoulson
    Thank you and yes we used screws after the framing nails.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Awesome progress. Looks fantastic so far Joe!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Nice work!

Our house has the original late 80's bathrooms & kitchen. It's needed remodeling for years now. I keep trying to convince my wife to just move & make it someone else's problem! Besides, I need a better listening room!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    big thumbs-up!
  • steveinaz
    Beautiful!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    @Milito how hard is it to keep that shower glass clean? I love the look of those, just afraid that it will show soap stains all the time.

Just apply some rainX every so often
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, but I tried RainX as I have used it on my cars at times. It didn't last very long at all, even after applying several coats on our shower glass.

Looks great Joe!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited February 2019
    You have crown molding in your bathroom?! Very fancy...
    I like the floor tile, where did you buy it so i can steal the idea ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Wow very nice, I love the floor.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • joecoulson
    mrbiron wrote: »
    You have crown molding in your bathroom?! Very fancy...
    I like the floor tile, where did you buy it so i can steal the idea ;)

Floor and Decor was cheap too

Thanks all
  • steveinaz
    You did a really clean demo.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Looks very nice. Just curious, why not put the shower head on the back wall?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    It would spray against the door not ideal. Plus the niches are a focal point and would not be on that wall.
  • joecoulson
    Sheet rock done today. Tile done.
    Frameless shower door guys wouldn’t Template because I didn’t have the step and cap on knee wall. Oh well. Probably 2 weeks from competition now because of that.

Cabinets go in tomorrow and we’ll probably paint this weekend and then final electrical trim out.

More pics to come.
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2019
    You'll LOVE the frameless shower. We did one 2 houses ago, it was gorgeous and not crazy expensive ($1200 IIRC) even with the thicker glass. Yes, they do want all construction finalized because the dimensions are TIGHT.
  • steveinaz
    Master updates done. Mirrors, faucets, medicine cabinets, lights, towel bars, etc:
    kjbdg00f75sg.jpg
    h6x753he9sab.jpg
    t37f3cyd6iss.jpg

Still waiting for mirror (same type) and light fixture for the guest bath.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    That's some beautiful work there guys, you certainly set the bar high for me (see my ugh mold thread). We sure will have our work cut out for us, though our space is not even close to what you have.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • steveinaz
    Thank you, ours was pretty minimal---just cosmetic upgrades.
  • joecoulson
    So yesterday was:
    Paint trim, crown, doors in white
    Paint walls in that grey
    Install new hinges and plates on doors.
    Install vanities and hardware
    Install sconces

I’m sore