Master Bath Remodel

Comments

• MilitoMilito Posts: 586
    Yea, we use a Squeegee and then wipe off the water that's left.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Fios.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,453
    Here is day 2 completed.

Tub deck done, shower wall with niches. Plumbing rerouted for tub (opposite side) and shower size doubled. Moved shower head over to be centered, curb built, added insulation

5op1zizdbaml.jpeg
    cmwd1emdxun6.jpeg

New boxes for sconces, new rocker dimmers, quad outlet in middle of vanity, pipes capped for cabinet install

qffx6x5vpr2p.jpeg

Tomorrow tile floor and shower gets started.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • xschopxschop Posts: 1,074
    Good job. Probably took longer organizing and storing all the beauty supplies than the gut-out.
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,002
    AWESOME. You're a BRAVE soul.
    Either that or dumb as a box of rocks. We’ll see when it’s done. Thanks Steve.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
    Tile floor almost done (commode area).
    Shower floor poured. Durock fitted.
    Tomorrow shower gets tile and floor grouted

afqaoh3pdyha.jpeg
    thaqis0agm7e.jpeg
    fgn5f0fhoh3v.jpeg
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,138
    Hey that tub looks like it won't take a half hour to fill! Nice.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    no doubt. Same width. Just not as long.
  • xschopxschop Posts: 1,074
    Looking good. When my home was being built. They used some kind of black-tar or butyl brush on layer over the Durock. No leaks after 5 years.
    edited February 7
    Joe, just a word of advice on the framing of your tub. If you used nails, I would also use some wood screws as they don't work loose near as easily. The framing for my tub in my new bathroom used nails and I wish I had gone after the contractor and added screws as I can tell some of the nails have loosen some as I sometimes hear noise when my wife or I get out of the tub. The vibration of the pump could also cause this on the framing.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Fios.
    Thank you and yes we used screws after the framing nails.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,794
    Awesome progress. Looks fantastic so far Joe!
    Thanks Al!
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,423
    Nice work!

Our house has the original late 80's bathrooms & kitchen. It's needed remodeling for years now. I keep trying to convince my wife to just move & make it someone else's problem! Besides, I need a better listening room!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,990
    big thumbs-up!
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,638
    @Milito how hard is it to keep that shower glass clean? I love the look of those, just afraid that it will show soap stains all the time.

Just apply some rainX every so often
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

edited February 8
    Thanks, but I tried RainX as I have used it on my cars at times. It didn't last very long at all, even after applying several coats on our shower glass.

Looks great Joe!
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,124
    edited February 8
    You have crown molding in your bathroom?! Very fancy...
    I like the floor tile, where did you buy it so i can steal the idea ;)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Senn's MD HD600
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,420
    Wow very nice, I love the floor.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    mrbiron wrote: »
    You have crown molding in your bathroom?! Very fancy...
    I like the floor tile, where did you buy it so i can steal the idea ;)

Floor and Decor was cheap too

Thanks all
    You did a really clean demo.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,050
    Looks very nice. Just curious, why not put the shower head on the back wall?
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    It would spray against the door not ideal. Plus the niches are a focal point and would not be on that wall.
    Sheet rock done today. Tile done.
    Frameless shower door guys wouldn’t Template because I didn’t have the step and cap on knee wall. Oh well. Probably 2 weeks from competition now because of that.

Cabinets go in tomorrow and we’ll probably paint this weekend and then final electrical trim out.

More pics to come.
    edited February 9
    You'll LOVE the frameless shower. We did one 2 houses ago, it was gorgeous and not crazy expensive ($1200 IIRC) even with the thicker glass. Yes, they do want all construction finalized because the dimensions are TIGHT.
    Master updates done. Mirrors, faucets, medicine cabinets, lights, towel bars, etc:
    kjbdg00f75sg.jpg
    h6x753he9sab.jpg
    t37f3cyd6iss.jpg

Still waiting for mirror (same type) and light fixture for the guest bath.
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,384
    That's some beautiful work there guys, you certainly set the bar high for me (see my ugh mold thread). We sure will have our work cut out for us, though our space is not even close to what you have.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
    Thank you, ours was pretty minimal---just cosmetic upgrades.