A McIntosh in Verb's House!

So today I picked this baby up locally from CL. It is literally BNIB! The guy bought this thing and never hooked it up! I'm excited! Never owned a single piece of Mac equipment before.

And, to make this especially sweet and memorable, I used my share (50/50) of the Mrs winnings from Vegas last week!

On the dolly ready to bring downstairs! All 100 lbs of it! :smile:

enlp0y8zer3l.jpg
Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub

Comments

• MilitoMilito Posts: 666
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, B&K 4420 Reference, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,307
    I’m not sure how you can even begin to keep track of all the changes! So many new pieces of equipment. Excited to hear about that esoteric. You have some quality pieces in there
    2 Channel - Major reduction complete

KEF LS50W I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs

• Congratulations! What a wonderful way to end one year and start a new one!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,469
    You need intervention treatment... Not from us because we would suck at it. Are we ever going to get a comparison review between the Mac and the C/J???
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    Parasound Halo C-2 Pre/pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,603
    That EAR and the Mac should be a nice pairing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • verbverb Posts: 8,260
    audioluvr wrote: »
    You need intervention treatment... Not from us because we would suck at it. Are we ever going to get a comparison review between the Mac and the C/J???

Of course! Gonna get some burn in time on the Mac, lovin’ it!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I’m not sure how you can even begin to keep track of all the changes! So many new pieces of equipment. Excited to hear about that esoteric. You have some quality pieces in there

Yeah it’s been a wild ride! Of course I got the look again from the Mrs today! :smile:
    Hehe! The Mrs already told me to turn it down! I told her I’m testing it! :smile:
    She didn’t notice the shiny EAR on the rack! :smile:
    That EAR and the Mac should be a nice pairing.

Running the VTL with new tubes right now! :smile:
  • Wow that’s a nice piece. Congrats!
    Living Room
    Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Parasound P5, Parasound A23, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Vic. I just have to look at @nooshinjohn rig and realize it’s a long journey! :smile: But what a blast along the way!
    Post edited by verb on
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,350
    Nice end of the year pick up. I thought I was going good picking up some new speaker cables. LOL
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,723
    Dave!!! Congrats man. Super cool piece.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,058
    verb wrote: »
    Hehe! The Mrs already told me to turn it down!

nuuvxkf2xaaf.gif

I disabled signatures.
    Thanks Vic. I just have to look at @nooshinjohn rig and realize it’s a long journey! :smile: But what a blast along the way!

My hot mess? Thanks!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,557
    Who in the World buys a piece of gear like this, and never hooks it up? Great find and snag on your part! Enjoy!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,377
    Rockin a Mac!
    rnir1cmqzzdb.jpeg

You're acquiring gear and speakers at a speed like a few of us have over the years.
    I'm glad your home is large enough for the new acquisitions now. You are building another 2 car garage aren't you? I think you'll need the space like we did. B)

What a year a bunch of us have had getting end game stereo things. I've enjoyed it.

I almost went out and made sure I had the Karma'd cable from you hooked up before midnight but.. :s I was just too tired. Maybe tomorrow Dave. :)

Congrats on getting that beautiful McIntosh amp. I can't wait for your review of its power and sound! I've always wanted one but couldn't afford it until this year. So watch out next year... ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Agreed Tony.

Nobody spends your money faster than a Club Polk forum member. As the great computer in War Games said...”the only way to win, is not to play”

Who in the World buys a piece of gear like this, and never hooks it up? Great find and snag on your part! Enjoy!
    Apparently he’s a hoarder. He’s got more stuff in his house that’s never been used!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,640
    Apparently he’s a hoarder. He’s got more stuff in his house that’s never been used!

I am shocked. Shocked.

8oll0ybbj41r.png
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,751
    Congrats on the new piece
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,264