A McIntosh in Verb's House!

So today I picked this baby up locally from CL. It is literally BNIB! The guy bought this thing and never hooked it up! I'm excited! Never owned a single piece of Mac equipment before.

And, to make this especially sweet and memorable, I used my share (50/50) of the Mrs winnings from Vegas last week!

On the dolly ready to bring downstairs! All 100 lbs of it! :smile:

enlp0y8zer3l.jpg
Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer

Comments

• MilitoMilito Posts: 363
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, VTF-2 MK5, Signature S55, S30, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, AudioQuest Type 4 Speaker Cable, AudioQuest Black Mamba II Interconnects, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Sony 65" 900F.
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,026
    I’m not sure how you can even begin to keep track of all the changes! So many new pieces of equipment. Excited to hear about that esoteric. You have some quality pieces in there
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz SA8005 I Music Hall MMF7.3 I Lounge Audio LCR Mk III I Backert Labs Rhumba 1.1 I B&K Ref 200.2 I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Marantz NR-1608 I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW

• Congratulations! What a wonderful way to end one year and start a new one!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • You need intervention treatment... Not from us because we would suck at it. Are we ever going to get a comparison review between the Mac and the C/J???
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    800 Va Dreadnought- Speaker Interconnect
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,589
    That EAR and the Mac should be a nice pairing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• verbverb Posts: 5,135
    audioluvr wrote: »
    You need intervention treatment... Not from us because we would suck at it. Are we ever going to get a comparison review between the Mac and the C/J???

Of course! Gonna get some burn in time on the Mac, lovin’ it!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I’m not sure how you can even begin to keep track of all the changes! So many new pieces of equipment. Excited to hear about that esoteric. You have some quality pieces in there

Yeah it’s been a wild ride! Of course I got the look again from the Mrs today! :smile:
    Hehe! The Mrs already told me to turn it down! I told her I’m testing it! :smile:
    She didn’t notice the shiny EAR on the rack! :smile:
    That EAR and the Mac should be a nice pairing.

Running the VTL with new tubes right now! :smile:
  • Wow that’s a nice piece. Congrats!
    Living Room
    Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Parasound P5, Parasound A23, Yamaha BD-S681, Auralic Aries Mini, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    B&K Ref 50, B&K 200.2, Chromecast, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Vic. I just have to look at @nooshinjohn rig and realize it’s a long journey! :smile: But what a blast along the way!
    Post edited by verb on
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,082
    Nice end of the year pick up. I thought I was going good picking up some new speaker cables. LOL
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,097
    Dave!!! Congrats man. Super cool piece.
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, PS Audio Stellar gain M700 mono blocks, Elac Adante AF-61 towers Black, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with Canaro 2 subplatter, dual belt pulley and upgraded bearing, Rega Ania MC cart, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre with CBS NOS 12au7, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ red river XLR's and Victoria IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables

5.1: Marantz sr5013 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Linn LK240 mono blocks pair, Totem Rainmakers, Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,698
    verb wrote: »
    Hehe! The Mrs already told me to turn it down!

nuuvxkf2xaaf.gif

I disabled signatures.
    Thanks Vic. I just have to look at @nooshinjohn rig and realize it’s a long journey! :smile: But what a blast along the way!

My hot mess? Thanks!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,399
    Who in the World buys a piece of gear like this, and never hooks it up? Great find and snag on your part! Enjoy!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,448
    Rockin a Mac!
    rnir1cmqzzdb.jpeg

You're acquiring gear and speakers at a speed like a few of us have over the years.
    I'm glad your home is large enough for the new acquisitions now. You are building another 2 car garage aren't you? I think you'll need the space like we did. B)

What a year a bunch of us have had getting end game stereo things. I've enjoyed it.

I almost went out and made sure I had the Karma'd cable from you hooked up before midnight but.. :s I was just too tired. Maybe tomorrow Dave. :)

Congrats on getting that beautiful McIntosh amp. I can't wait for your review of its power and sound! I've always wanted one but couldn't afford it until this year. So watch out next year... ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Agreed Tony.

Nobody spends your money faster than a Club Polk forum member. As the great computer in War Games said...”the only way to win, is not to play”

Who in the World buys a piece of gear like this, and never hooks it up? Great find and snag on your part! Enjoy!
    Apparently he’s a hoarder. He’s got more stuff in his house that’s never been used!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,029
    Apparently he’s a hoarder. He’s got more stuff in his house that’s never been used!

I am shocked. Shocked.

8oll0ybbj41r.png
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,370
    Congrats on the new piece
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Marantz DV 4200 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 941
    Very nice!