Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Saw Jorma & Jack (Hot Tuna) Thursday night in Randolph, VT.
    Kind of a laid-back show (compared to other times we've seen 'em) but good -- and, I've gotta say, Jack Casady is a heck of a bass player. I have seen 'em before but I never really appreciated how good he was. He's in the echelon of Entwistle (my own personal rock bassist hero), which I hadn't really appreciated until this week.

7wbo1xfjbbw0.png

So, the deal was -- for an extra 30 bucks, one got a seat in the front two rows, a copy of Jorma's recently-released memoir, and a "VIP" :p meet-n-greet with Jorma after the show. I sprang for the "VIP" tickets to get good seats... the book was a bonus :)

h0l2qb5b2qq3.png

Interesting factoid; Jorma Kaukonen is left handed. I did not know that. As a fellow, sinister south-paw :) I asked him why he played guitar right handed. He said, "There was no way my father was going to spend the extra money for a left-handed guitar!" So right handed it was. :|
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,018
    notice-hereby-given.jpeg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,018
    1305752004.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Hey RUSS, would you be able to go up to the top and change the aircraft warning lightbulb at the tip? :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Here is a link to 10 skyscrapers under construction right now. :o:#

https://www.curbed.com/2017/2/21/14677494/tallest-buildings-under-construction-jeddah-tower
  • Tony M
    vxo3rq8h3ua5.png
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    Tony M wrote: »
    Hey RUSS, would you be able to go up to the top and change the aircraft warning lightbulb at the tip? :#

Negative, Ghost Rider....
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Ha! That’s funny
  • mhardy6647
    Many audiophiles are decidedly an@l retentive, that's for certain...
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    3jxrm4vqif7q.jpg
    A pic of my Monitor Audios. I think they are some of the nicest looking speakers I’ve ever owned.

Look great but how do they sound??
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    3jxrm4vqif7q.jpg
    A pic of my Monitor Audios. I think they are some of the nicest looking speakers I’ve ever owned.

Look great but how do they sound??

They sound awesome. I've never heard a mini speaker this size that I really liked, but I think these sound better than my Mission 770's in every way except for bass extension, and I prefer them over my SDA CRS's, except they don't have that massive sound stage. The sound stage does extend a good bit beyond the speakers, however. :)

Monitor Audio did an awesome job of the Radius series. With as good as these sound, I can't imagine how good the Bronze 2's I was looking at a while back sound.
    I may make a review on my YT channel, and if I do I'll post it here. :)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616

They sound awesome. I've never heard a mini speaker this size that I really liked, but I think these sound better than my Mission 770's in every way except for bass extension, and I prefer them over my SDA CRS's, except they don't have that massive sound stage. The sound stage does extend a good bit beyond the speakers, however. :)

Monitor Audio did an awesome job of the Radius series. With as good as these sound, I can't imagine how good the Bronze 2's I was looking at a while back sound.

Ask @Clipdat how the Monitor Audio Bronze 2’s sounded to him.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Screenshot that I took earlier today on my phone. Unfortunate subject line abbreviation on the AA email.

dh6jk9vtjwpc.jpg

LOL! Continuing with the AA theme:
    gsisvuro9i97.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    halo wrote: »

Ask @Clipdat how the Monitor Audio Bronze 2’s sounded to him.

He recommended them to me when I was looking at getting new speakers a while back. I was worried they would be a downgrade from what I had at the time, but if they are as good as these then they are almost certainly better.
    Once I get some stuff sold, I’m going to think about getting a pair, because other than cables I think I am done for a long time otherwise.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    My beloved Beogram 5005. Godspeed, old friend. :'(

68bqdvme17wv.jpeg
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    Mark, your avatar is a grey box!
  • mhardy6647
    Hermitism wrote: »

yup, it is indeed.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Hermitism wrote: »

yup, it is indeed.
    Did you watch Fifty Shades of Grey recently or something?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    r2wn3krnlqmv.jpg

Thats awesome!
    what brand is that, I will make sure and buy it
  • Tony M
    edited October 2018
    Debris removers are on my street again. This time they're picking up a lot of it. They're making multiple trips too. The grappler operator is excellent and fast.
    afxhcni14tly.png
    tynl96rtvxlk.png
    v93gzga31aln.png

Inches to spare in some spots.
    a2uiatk7b44f.png

A lot of smaller branches down toward the end of my street.
    15agqfd5n4p1.png
    edm0euo1euaq.png
    460lkq399d5k.png
    osd3oi18hsf6.png