Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• Nhpenn
    Nhpenn Posts: 56
    Tony M wrote: »
    I think it's a case of how much do you want to bid.

You've got 33 posts here. I guess you plan on staying around for a while since you asked politely. That's nice of you for sure.

Let's see if anybody else plans on biding on these. Maybe they will tell their high point if there is another. Either way, I think the census is go for them if you want them. If you ALREADY have a pair of them, then yea, let another possibly get them but then the what is that person willing to spend compared to what you're willing to spend again.

Thats about what I expected, I was mostly wondering if there was a rule for or aganist that sort of thing.

And no, sadly I dont already have a pair. I have a very small colection of polks :'(
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Nhpenn wrote: »
    I think it's a case of how much do you want to bid.

You've got 33 posts here. I guess you plan on staying around for a while since you asked politely. That's nice of you for sure.

Let's see if anybody else plans on biding on these. Maybe they will tell their high point if there is another. Either way, I think the census is go for them if you want them. If you ALREADY have a pair of them, then yea, let another possibly get them but then the what is that person willing to spend compared to what you're willing to spend again.

Thats about what I expected, I was mostly wondering if there was a rule for or aganist that sort of thing.

And no, sadly I dont already have a pair. I have a very small colection of polks :'(

Do you have a cable for them? If not, consider getting one and a set of RD-0194 tweets (from Polk direct) once you win in 6 days.

If you've never experienced SDA, these aren't a bad introduction.

Personally, I wouldn't drop any more than $150 on them before any upgrades.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    There are 4 tweeters...so he would need 2 pairs of R-D194's. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176

Worth every penny! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy

Hence a set, not a pair... But who's counting.
  • Tony M
    FestYboy wrote: »

Hence a set, not a pair... But who's counting.

OK...sorry. I misunderstood.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    One tweeter is dimensional. Take out the fuse for and forget it. Those are expensive to recap I have a set. Descent not the best but nice to listen to. You WILL need to rework tweeter hole for RDO's to fit properly. They will squeeze the connection points into the magnet. Too much work air gap bad bad bad.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I would hold out for a set of SDA-1b or 1c's before I spent a dime on the ones at Goodwill.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Polk Center CS350-LS, No Affil. Is this one that timbre matches well with the original monitor series, 5,7,10's? Is $140 a little steep? Thanks.
    yp8a80pzxmpl.jpg
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I believe the CS-350 is for the LS series, but I’m not sure. I don’t think there was a center for the original Monitors. Price wise, I have no idea.
  • Tony M
    The price is typical. Some appear cheaper but they're kind of rare. People tend to hold onto them. ;)

Kind of a sought after center channel speaker for sure.

I'd ask for a discount though. It never hurts to ask!
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    edited October 2018
    Looks like a nice pair of SRS-2's for sale. If your in the Phoenix area no affiliation.......

Check out this Vintage Polk speakers for $425 on OfferUp

https://offerup.co/W1yosqYB6Q

5d71uo793txh.jpg

Post edited by kmeek on
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Those are SRS-2's... heck of a lot of speaker for the coin.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kmeek
    Those are SRS-2's... heck of a lot of speaker for the coin.

Sorry meant SRS 2's and not SDA's.....

One might not get the impression that I own a pair..... But I do. :D

Can't see the terminal plate on the back to see if they are blade/blade or newer pin/blade interconnect plugs.
  • FestYboy
    kmeek wrote: »
    Can't see the terminal plate on the back to see if they are blade/blade or newer pin/blade interconnect plugs.

According to the sticker, they are blade-blade
  • pitdogg2
    FestYboy wrote: »

According to the sticker, they are blade-blade

but we all know that polk used up old everything so unless you see for sure do not assume.
    my.02
  • FestYboy
    Just making a statement based on the evidence given, Ivan. Never said the sticker is correct.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    I believe the CS-350 is for the LS series, but I’m not sure. I don’t think there was a center for the original Monitors. Price wise, I have no idea.

You are correct however many here have used the CS350LS with SDAs and monitors with minimal issues. I used to have a CS250 that I used with some RTA11TLs and it blended just fine to me.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

Nice LS50's
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    Looks like a nice pair of SRS-2's for sale. If your in the Phoenix area no affiliation.......

Check out this Vintage Polk speakers for $425 on OfferUp

https://offerup.co/W1yosqYB6Q

5d71uo793txh.jpg

The marantz 2250b he has for sale looks sweet too
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Looks like a nice pair of SRS-2's for sale. If your in the Phoenix area no affiliation

Hmmm Makes me want to take a road trip. Been looking for a pair of these.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • kmeek
    Well that sucks! Just missed these by 30 minutes.... :(

gm3z73cbzqx5.jpg

cmagx07bsy3i.jpg

pt5nxtfudt5x.jpg
  • Tony M
    That's gotta suck BIG TIME!

WOW. 30.00 for RTA-15TL's. :o:o:o
  • FestYboy
    Might as well just give them away... Wow
  • kmeek
    That's gotta suck BIG TIME!

WOW. 30.00 for RTA-15TL's. :o:o:o

Yep! Caught them 31 minutes after being posted and pounced on them.....

Someone pounced sooner....... :#
  • pitdogg2
    You can tell someone of the female persuasion more than likely took the picture. The plant bouquet sure sold those speakers quick.....
  • Tony M
    Karen D. as the poster kind of gives it away too. :)
  • kmeek
    Well what do we got here???? A Polk flip! Nice they picked them up for $30 yesterday and try and re-sell them today for $200..... Nice!

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/d/vintage-polk-rta-15tl-tower/6729040120.html

prfg7qmzqvaf.jpg