Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

1157158160162163206

Comments

  • NhpennNhpenn Posts: 56
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/58984060
    ysttmq4o9xh7.jpg


    Is it kosher to ask other polkies to not bid on polk speakers?
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,469
    I think it's a case of how much do you want to bid.

    You've got 33 posts here. I guess you plan on staying around for a while since you asked politely. That's nice of you for sure.

    Let's see if anybody else plans on biding on these. Maybe they will tell their high point if there is another. Either way, I think the census is go for them if you want them. If you ALREADY have a pair of them, then yea, let another possibly get them but then the what is that person willing to spend compared to what you're willing to spend again.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • NhpennNhpenn Posts: 56
    Tony M wrote: »
    I think it's a case of how much do you want to bid.

    You've got 33 posts here. I guess you plan on staying around for a while since you asked politely. That's nice of you for sure.

    Let's see if anybody else plans on biding on these. Maybe they will tell their high point if there is another. Either way, I think the census is go for them if you want them. If you ALREADY have a pair of them, then yea, let another possibly get them but then the what is that person willing to spend compared to what you're willing to spend again.

    Thats about what I expected, I was mostly wondering if there was a rule for or aganist that sort of thing.

    And no, sadly I dont already have a pair. I have a very small colection of polks :'(
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    Nhpenn wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    I think it's a case of how much do you want to bid.

    You've got 33 posts here. I guess you plan on staying around for a while since you asked politely. That's nice of you for sure.

    Let's see if anybody else plans on biding on these. Maybe they will tell their high point if there is another. Either way, I think the census is go for them if you want them. If you ALREADY have a pair of them, then yea, let another possibly get them but then the what is that person willing to spend compared to what you're willing to spend again.

    Thats about what I expected, I was mostly wondering if there was a rule for or aganist that sort of thing.

    And no, sadly I dont already have a pair. I have a very small colection of polks :'(

    Do you have a cable for them? If not, consider getting one and a set of RD-0194 tweets (from Polk direct) once you win in 6 days.

    If you've never experienced SDA, these aren't a bad introduction.

    Personally, I wouldn't drop any more than $150 on them before any upgrades.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,469
    There are 4 tweeters...so he would need 2 pairs of R-D194's. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 10,313
    Tony M wrote: »
    There are 4 tweeters...so he would need 2 pairs of R-D194's. :#

    Worth every penny! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    Tony M wrote: »
    There are 4 tweeters...so he would need 2 pairs of R-D194's. :#

    Hence a set, not a pair... But who's counting.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,469
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    There are 4 tweeters...so he would need 2 pairs of R-D194's. :#

    Hence a set, not a pair... But who's counting.

    OK...sorry. I misunderstood.

    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,518
    One tweeter is dimensional. Take out the fuse for and forget it. Those are expensive to recap I have a set. Descent not the best but nice to listen to. You WILL need to rework tweeter hole for RDO's to fit properly. They will squeeze the connection points into the magnet. Too much work air gap bad bad bad.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,963
    I would hold out for a set of SDA-1b or 1c's before I spent a dime on the ones at Goodwill.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

    “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 2,089
    Polk Center CS350-LS, No Affil. Is this one that timbre matches well with the original monitor series, 5,7,10's? Is $140 a little steep? Thanks.
    yp8a80pzxmpl.jpg
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,759
    I believe the CS-350 is for the LS series, but I’m not sure. I don’t think there was a center for the original Monitors. Price wise, I have no idea.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,469
    The price is typical. Some appear cheaper but they're kind of rare. People tend to hold onto them. ;)

    Kind of a sought after center channel speaker for sure.

    I'd ask for a discount though. It never hurts to ask!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    edited October 2018
    Looks like a nice pair of SRS-2's for sale. If your in the Phoenix area no affiliation.......

    Check out this Vintage Polk speakers for $425 on OfferUp

    https://offerup.co/W1yosqYB6Q

    5d71uo793txh.jpg

    Post edited by kmeek on
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,963
    Those are SRS-2's... heck of a lot of speaker for the coin.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

    “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    Those are SRS-2's... heck of a lot of speaker for the coin.

    Sorry meant SRS 2's and not SDA's.....

    One might not get the impression that I own a pair..... But I do. :D

    Can't see the terminal plate on the back to see if they are blade/blade or newer pin/blade interconnect plugs.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    kmeek wrote: »
    Can't see the terminal plate on the back to see if they are blade/blade or newer pin/blade interconnect plugs.

    According to the sticker, they are blade-blade
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,518
    FestYboy wrote: »
    kmeek wrote: »
    Can't see the terminal plate on the back to see if they are blade/blade or newer pin/blade interconnect plugs.

    According to the sticker, they are blade-blade

    but we all know that polk used up old everything so unless you see for sure do not assume.
    my.02
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    Just making a statement based on the evidence given, Ivan. Never said the sticker is correct.
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,676
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    I believe the CS-350 is for the LS series, but I’m not sure. I don’t think there was a center for the original Monitors. Price wise, I have no idea.

    You are correct however many here have used the CS350LS with SDAs and monitors with minimal issues. I used to have a CS250 that I used with some RTA11TLs and it blended just fine to me.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

    "Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,912
    kmeek wrote: »

    Nice LS50's
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

    Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • sbb2112sbb2112 Posts: 129
    kmeek wrote: »
    Looks like a nice pair of SRS-2's for sale. If your in the Phoenix area no affiliation.......

    Check out this Vintage Polk speakers for $425 on OfferUp

    https://offerup.co/W1yosqYB6Q

    5d71uo793txh.jpg

    The marantz 2250b he has for sale looks sweet too
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

    Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,826
    kmeek wrote: »
    Looks like a nice pair of SRS-2's for sale. If your in the Phoenix area no affiliation

    Hmmm Makes me want to take a road trip. Been looking for a pair of these.
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    Well that sucks! Just missed these by 30 minutes.... :(

    gm3z73cbzqx5.jpg

    cmagx07bsy3i.jpg

    pt5nxtfudt5x.jpg
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,469
    That's gotta suck BIG TIME!

    WOW. 30.00 for RTA-15TL's. :o:o:o
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    Might as well just give them away... Wow
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    Tony M wrote: »
    That's gotta suck BIG TIME!

    WOW. 30.00 for RTA-15TL's. :o:o:o

    Yep! Caught them 31 minutes after being posted and pounced on them.....

    Someone pounced sooner....... :#
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,518
    You can tell someone of the female persuasion more than likely took the picture. The plant bouquet sure sold those speakers quick.....
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!