Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• Did you get them?
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    edited September 2018
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Did you get them?

Yes! Long story short: I went straight from work (ie no equipment to hook speakers to). The guy assured me that the drivers worked fine.

These poor things have had a hard life.... Smell like cigarette smoke, the cabinets are in rough shape, corners are pulling apart (I think water damage see pics), couple of chunks out of the other corners (probably from being dropped on them), no grills, no lower trim pieces (see dowel holes in pic), and of course no interconnect cable. I got home and hooked them up and one of the SL2000's is blown. He told me to let him know if there were any issues. Luckily he was close and responded back right away. Told him since all the drivers didn't work I could return them for my money or for parts I'd do half what he was originally asking. So I got them for $12.00.

Well they are black cabinet CRS+ (single Tweeter) with Pin/Blade. Don't know if they are Circa 1987 or 1989 without pulling the stereo mid drivers and seeing if they are 6503's or a 6510's.

Anyone know by the serial numbers? 9472 and 9560?

Here are some pics:

5ykguxu1o86a.jpg

dm097trp5yjd.jpg

a6nfpd3ia009.jpg

upzh4c3zis32.jpg

3nllm3z7k5md.jpg

z5zvakb0j1fb.jpg

mebl1ncm7sba.jpg

• Man, those are the toughest I've seen. Nothing left to do but part them out. RIP.
  • kmeek
    By the way guys those M12's I mentioned a few weeks back on Tucson's Craigslist that were at $290.00.
    The guy still hasn't sold them and he's down to $200.00 obo....

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/6675399530.html

jqpzbgprhw5b.jpg

s06qntu3elos.jpg

• kmeek wrote: »
    By the way guys those M12's I mentioned a few weeks back on Tucson's Craigslist that were at $290.00.

jqpzbgprhw5b.jpg

s06qntu3elos.jpg

The price is moving in the right direction. Getting warmer.
  • kmeek
    Man, those are the toughest I've seen. Nothing left to do but part them out. RIP.

Yep! They had a hard life. Figured when I find that nice pair I now have some backup drivers/cross-overs. $12 wouldn't buy me one of the drivers let alone all of them (minus one blown Tweeter)......
  • kmeek
    kmeek wrote: »

jqpzbgprhw5b.jpg

s06qntu3elos.jpg

The price is moving in the right direction. Getting warmer.

Way warmer..... ;)
    Man, those are the toughest I've seen. Nothing left to do but part them out. RIP.

Yep! They had a hard life. Figured when I find that nice pair I now have some backup drivers/cross-overs. $12 wouldn't buy me one of the drivers let alone all of them (minus one blown Tweeter)......

Lucky dog. I stopped frequenting offer up as I mostly saw older posts in our area. Now I have competition...damn you! Ima go listen to my 2Bs and try to forget this post.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • kmeek

Lucky dog. I stopped frequenting offer up as I mostly saw older posts in our area. Now I have competition...damn you! Ima go listen to my 2Bs and try to forget this post.

Sorry about that....
    All I know is Offerup seems a lot more iffy at times than Craigslist but those few times are something!!!

What side of town are you in??
  • kmeek
    But now that I got the pair of Frankenstein CRS+'s that need to be put out of there misery. I now see what they are all about and I am chomping at the bit to get a nice pair........ :#

Sorry about that....
    All I know is Offerup seems a lot more iffy at times than Craigslist but those few times are something!!!

What side of town are you in??

East Mesa. Have lived all over the city though, it’s quieter over here. What about yourself?

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • kmeek
    Over not to far from the Cardinals stadium on the west side of town.
    Seems like everytime I do find something especially on Craigslist it's always in East Mesa, Apache Junction, Queen Creek, or San Tan Valley...... :s
  • I lived in Tolleson for a minute. Slim pickings there.
    Over not to far from the Cardinals stadium on the west side of town.
    Seems like everytime I do find something especially on Craigslist it's always in East Mesa, Apache Junction, Queen Creek, or San Tan Valley...... :s

Sounds about right. West side just isn’t super reliable for audio stuff unless we are talking cars. If you ever find yourself on this side of town again just pm me and I’ll have you over to listen for a bit.

Tolleson...yeah although it has grown in the last couple years to be a little higher income in some areas. Still most of the stuff is gonna be around the old folks.

• kmeek
    @codycatalist, Sounds good! Will do.....
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited September 2018
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033

Late to the party on these, but I double dog dare you to restore them. >:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

It would be easier to find a good condition pair for a couple a hundred bucks, than have to basically build some cabinets from scratch. Even Dr Frankenstein would run away from those.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    And that is why I dared him to do it... I actually see much potential in them to do something totally outside the box. Think granite tops and bottoms with Piano gloss baffle and side panels in a finish to contrast the stone.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Clipdat wrote: »

Those are worth the asking price in my opinion
  • kmeek
    edited September 2018

Wow! Just had a Six Million Dollar Man flashback....... "We can rebuild him"

Double dog Dare eh? Well I do have a co-worker who's hobbie is cabinetry. Already been envisioning ebonying a nice oak cabinet for these.....................maybe. :o

Just concerned about the drivers.... The more I looked them over on the outside they almost look like they were at one point stored maybe with their fronts facing down and got water damage that way. Not sure how to tell if the cones, spiders or voice coils have been compromised by any water. They look alright from the front. When I have time I will remove them and inspect more thoroughly......
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

Would these benefit from upgraded tweets?
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Looks like SL2000’s, if that’s accurate then yes. RD-0194 would be what you need,
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

mlistens03 wrote: »

Looks like SL2000’s, if that’s accurate then yes. RD-0194 would be what you need,

Yes most definitely
  • Found out in Tucson:
    https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/old-school-polk-audio-monitor/6675399530.html

Monitor Series 2 for $200 or less....
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Those are Monitor 12's! Good price, too.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    verb wrote: »
    LoStrings wrote: »

3.1TL’s

These babies are still up for sale. Tempting, as I'll be taking a road trip to Chicago for thanksgiving. In the meantime I could have a buddy of mine pick em up until then. Still 8 hundie. They look minty.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

They might be priced, but only if the seller includes the custom speaker stands.