Showcase your setups

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    WOW, nothing like being all lit up!!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Here's what's going to keep me happy on this rainy Saturday here in Ct.

Is that a Phase Linear in the corner?

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    edited August 2018

No it's a Mitsubishi M10 metered switch box. I use it to turn on and monitor the sub's input. It stays off 99% of the time as I've found the rig sounds better to me without a sub
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,925

... or is he just happy to see you?

ahem.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

... or is he just happy to see you?

ahem.

x1eohli2tj4g.png
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Sweet set up Motor. Love the glow.

Luther has one of the nicest set ups I've seen here over the years. He hasn't posted it in awhile so maybe look it up.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited August 2018
    Motorstereo. How many watts does each one of those mono block monster Macs pump to the SDA’s? Peace. Https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/editor/9x/cx26mp47ocvs.jpgcv69hue6gm0p.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    ^^^ That's gotta be one of my favorites right there. One day I hope to have something that awesome.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited August 2018
    If they're the MC601's, here's an ad for one with the specs. I think the pair is for that price. ;)

I'd like a pr. of them myself! :p
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis92jeb-mcintosh-mc601-solid-state

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    xt02zfgunzla.jpg
    cx26mp47ocvs.jpg

Just Dayum
  • joecoulson
    I have the same finish on my 705’s. It’s beautiful right
  • motorstereo
    edited August 2018
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Motorstereo. How many watts does each one of those mono block monster Macs pump to the SDA’s? Peace.

They're 1200 wpc per side (MC1201's) Perfect match for the 1.2tl's imo and I've yet to light up the power guard lights or even get them past room temperature. They recently replaced a pair of MC2500's which were 1000wpc bridged and a couple decades older
    tonyb wrote: »
    Sweet set up Motor. Love the glow.

Luther has one of the nicest set ups I've seen here over the years. He hasn't posted it in awhile so maybe look it up.

Thank you and yes I agree Wardsweb always has a great looking rig. I always enjoy looking at his current set up; neat, clean and always over the top imo.
  • motorstereo
    edited August 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    If they're the MC601's, here's an ad for one with the specs. I think the pair is for that price. ;)

No they're MC1201's https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/428/index.html
  • Tony M
    edited August 2018

:o:o:o:oB):p

I didn't know or forgot ( from a previous post of yours ) , sorry, that they made those that powerful.

I'm going to check out their stats and maybe a review in your link. Thanks for that. ;) NICE! B)

I just read the reviewer's take on them. Very IMPRESSIVE to say the least!!! B)
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Is there a stereo here somewhere? All I see is a temple built for George Jones, complete with prayer rug... any relation to Jim I wonder?

Jim Jones is grape Kool-Aid. George Jones is more Colorado Kool-Aid. Well....that, and maybe Jim Beam poured from a decanter that looks like Elvis into a Flintstone jelly-bean jar. :)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I have the same finish on my 705’s. It’s beautiful right

I like it ;)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • motorstereo
    xt02zfgunzla.jpg

Is there a stereo here somewhere? All I see is a temple built for George Jones, complete with prayer rug... any relation to Jim I wonder?

No temple, prayer rug and most thankfully nothing to do with the cult leader-mass murderer. The rug-blanket just happens to be the correct size. It does double duty as a room treatment and cover to hide some 7 gauge Pangea power cables and some equally fat MIT music hose speaker cables. Perhaps someday I'll find something different but until then old cig smoking GJ will be there to keep an eye on things.
  • motorstereo

I didn't know or forgot ( from a previous post of yours ) , sorry, that they made those that powerful.

I'm going to check out their stats and maybe a review in your link. Thanks for that. ;) NICE! B)

Thanks; they're also a back breaking 147lbs each that my 62 year old butt somehow managed to wrestle into place by myself. I've had them for about 6 months now and they still continue to impress with their synergy with the Polks. Baring an unforseen failure they'll be there as long as I'll be listening to music. They've stopped my thoughts of amp upgraditis just like the 1.2tl's stopped speaker upgraditis for me several years ago
  • joecoulson
    147lbs!??!
    Holy crap
    I thought the SVS was heavy

• Tony M
    edited August 2018

Thanks; they're also a back breaking 147lbs each that my 62 year old butt somehow managed to wrestle into place by myself. I've had them for about 6 months now and they still continue to impress with their synergy with the Polks. Baring an unforseen failure they'll be there as long as I'll be listening to music. They've stopped my thoughts of amp upgraditis just like the 1.2tl's stopped speaker upgraditis for me several years ago

I surely thought you had help! How in the world did you lift those amps up onto those tables? :o:#:s

How and why in the world do we still lift, wrestle and finagle stereo gear and speakers that can permanently injure us? :o

Where are all the people I helped out over the years? At least one of my old friends is back, living 5 blocks away now and willing to help when I want and when he can if not busy or out of town. :)
    I just walked two sets of 80Lb. speakers into my cottage in the last few months. :# I walked them up the stairs in front of it too. My friend helped me put one set on dollies a week ago. I was still week from some serious illness with many weird symptoms so we didn't do much else but listen to speaker sets. The big A/C window unit is fading after about 15+ years of great operation. A Kenmore well built one it is, soon to be was. So I got overheated after a while and we called it a day.

It's sooo nice to have a helping friend close by. ;)

• One thing I've noticed from this thread, compared to back a few years in the former Member Showcase. TT's, a lot of Vinyl going' on here!

Current Set-Up:

atb9b2f1dlq2.jpg

5khw4r8ozgvh.jpg

Love the Scarlet and Grey.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorstereo

I surely thought you had help! How in the world did you lift those amps up onto those tables? :o:#:s

How and why in the world do we still lift, wrestle and finagle stereo gear and speakers that can permanently injure us? :o

Where are all the people I helped out over the years? At least one of my old friends is back, living 5 blocks away now and willing to help when I want and when he can if not busy or out of town. :)
    I just walked two sets of 80Lb. speakers into my cottage in the last few months. :# I walked them up the stairs in front of it too. My friend helped me put one set on dollies a week ago. I was still week from some serious illness with many weird symptoms so we didn't do much else but listen to speaker sets. The big A/C window unit is fading after about 15+ years of great operation. A Kenmore well built one it is, soon to be was. So I got overheated after a while and we called it a day.

It's sooo nice to have a helping friend close by. ;)

I agree a strong buddy would've been greatly appreciated but I did manage it after giving plenty of thought to the process. They each outweigh my wife so that was out of the question to ask her for help. I also managed to unload the 192lb 1.2tl's by myself and wrestle them into place when they came home with me 7 years ago. Pulling out and loading the 129lb Mac amps that the 1201's replaced also increased my heart rate a bit But none of those workouts compared to lugging an 86lb Mac amp across the yard and up 2 flights of stairs. Why does the good stuff have to be sooo darn heavy???