Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• MilitoMilito Posts: 769
    edited July 2018
    6evy54e1t50v.jpg
    Not near the setup most of you have, but here's a picture of my S55's, S30, 505 sub and my RX-A2070. I hope to get a better sub by the first of the year.

Yamaha RX-A2070, B&K 4420 Reference, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 43,628
    That's a tasteful room.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Thanks, I just wish it was a little wider as I really don't have room for 2 subs. If I put one to the right of the right speaker it would be too small a space to walk thru the entrance to the hall.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, B&K 4420 Reference, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • halohalo Posts: 5,438
    F1nut wrote: »
    That's a tasteful room.
    Agree!
    Milito wrote: »
    6evy54e1t50v.jpg
    Not near the setup most of you have, but here's a picture of my S55's, S30, 505 sub and my RX-A2070. I hope to get a better sub by the first of the year.
    Very nice looking room and well proportioned for speaker placement (neither of the front speakers is too close to the side walls). As for having dual subs, look into the cylinder subs from SVS (small footprint with BIG sound).

twbff796qcme.png

https://svsound.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwy_XaBRAWEiwApfjKHupTbz4ybD2aHELrkEY3EyWvUqUCgICRNi1ffziL84hN94W7EIbpvhoCC5cQAvD_BwE
    edited July 2018
    What you don't see in the picture is on the right side of the room at the other end of the sofa are stairs and the room opens up to them. So both side aren't the same.

My wife already didn't like the taller speakers I bought when she was out of town (better to ask forgiveness after the buying them than asking if she would mind if I got them) so I don't think I need to try my luck with taller sub woofers. Although she did admit S55's sounded better.

I probably get a Monoprice 10" when they get back in stock or a VTF-2 MK5. Not a fan of the 505 I have now.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,282
    edited July 2018
    What you don't see in the picture is on the right side of the room at the other end of the sofa are stairs and the room opens up to them. So both side aren't the same.

My wife already didn't like the taller speakers I bought when she was out of town (better to ask forgiveness after the buying them than asking if she would mind if I got them) so I don't think I need to try my luck with taller sub woofers. Although she did admit S55's sounded better.

I probably get a Monoprice 10" when they get back in stock or a VTF-2 MK5. Not a fan of the 505 I have now.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

definitely get that HSU! Established sub, a bunch of us have had a similar model and loved it. I had an older VTF-3r and it was the best combo (music and movies) sub that I ever had. I traded it for my current SVS (which is a close second) only because it was front firing and fit in my built ins. The wife definitely likes that...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851A; Cambridge Azur 851C; Bryston BPD-1
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45; ACI Titan Subwoofer; Squeezebox Touch
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 2,223
    ^^^^AGREE 100%^^^^

The HSU is an awesome sub. I have a VTF3 and love it. It replaced a VTF2MK2 which did extremely well.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES AVR, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc
    Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) Advent Prodigy (listening)
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
    Has anyone on here tried the Monolith 10 THX?
  • Ctxx24Ctxx24 Posts: 66
    Has anyone on here tried the Monolith 10 THX?

Not the 10 but the 12 and 15 are amazing..
    I would take the HSU any day over the Monoprice stuff. Look at the pricing differences on top your getting more proven sub with the HSU

12" HSU VTF2MK5 is $539
    12" Monoprice is $799

So for the price of a 12" Monoprice sub you could get the VTF3MK5 and hear your dishes rattle.

All my HSU subs have blended well with my Signatures. VTF2MK2 did well with my S60 and the VTF3MK5 does wonders. My S20's I have paired with a STF2 that blends perfect.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270

Working Warehouse;
    Old sony 12" Sub
    The mono price 15 is very close to a 16 ultra for almost half the price...no way I would consider the the svs... If it wasent for their warranties and trade in.. Their stuff wouldn't sell like it does..
    mrloren wrote: »
    I would take the HSU any day over the Monoprice stuff. Look at the pricing differences on top your getting more proven sub with the HSU

12" HSU VTF2MK5 is $539
    12" Monoprice is $799

So for the price of a 12" Monoprice sub you could get the VTF3MK5 and hear your dishes rattle.

All my HSU subs have blended well with my Signatures. VTF2MK2 did well with my S60 and the VTF3MK5 does wonders. My S20's I have paired with a STF2 that blends perfect.

That monoprice 12 will literally crush the vtf2
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,567
    edited July 2018
    Literally
    :lol:
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Ctxx24 wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »

12" HSU VTF2MK5 is $539
    12" Monoprice is $799

That monoprice 12 will literally crush the vtf2

I would like to hear/see that. HSU are very good subs, so something in their price range to top it would be amazing.

I'm only stating my opinion, I've never had the chance to hear the Monoprice sub offerings. Till I do I will suggest HSU or SVS, proven deep clean bass that last.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270

Working Warehouse;
    Old sony 12" Sub
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,838
    When you hear that Monoprice 12 literally crush the VTF2, your head will literally explode.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,567
    200.gif
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    When I saw that GIF, I literally just died. :p
    Viking64 wrote: »
    When you hear that Monoprice 12 literally crush the VTF2, your head will literally explode.

When u have no clue... Lol might wana rethink things
    Viking64 wrote: »

If you wana be technical must ppl compare the vtf3 with the monolith 12..which I'd still take the Monolith but comparing it to the vtf2..thats like comparing a polk sub to anything top line..
    Ctxx24 wrote: »
    If you wana be technical must ppl compare the vtf3 with the monolith 12..which I'd still take the Monolith but comparing it to the vtf2..thats like comparing a polk sub to anything top line..
    I have no idea what it is you are talking about. I might try to literally wrap my head around it, but I am afraid that would damage my skull and that I would literally, figuratively, and likely....die. I wonder if literally a million people would come to my funeral.
  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 2,113
    Starting to remind me of an Emo thread or 5.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,594
    I literally could care less about this thread.....
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I literally could care less about this thread.....

Yeah, now that it's gotten sidetrack.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270

Working Warehouse;
    Old sony 12" Sub
  • HTGuyHTGuy Posts: 5
    I love the sound of the S30 center channel speaker. I'm thinking about getting two more of them to use as the front L/R speakers in my 3.0 setup. Of course I'd have to turn them “sideways” and stand them up on end on speaker stands. What do think?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,677
    HTGuy wrote: »
    I love the sound of the S30 center channel speaker. I'm thinking about getting two more of them to use as the front L/R speakers in my 3.0 setup. Of course I'd have to turn them “sideways” and stand them up on end on speaker stands. What do think?

I’d suggest getting the S20s instead. They are a little smaller, and they are actually designed to be used as main L/R speakers.
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
    HTGuy wrote: »

I have seen many people use centers and mains.. Also mains as centers.. I'm sure it would be fine although the driver in the s20 is over a inch bigger and will Def give you more punch.. If your using a sub I'd try It just cut your crossover off at like 100 or so let your sub do all the pounding..
  • jdavidjdavid Posts: 46
    Looking for advice on Signature speakers. Have small room 8x15 for home theatre for movies only. (since have stereo in larger room (audio refinement integrated, arcam cd and triangle celius). Want to upgrade from old 5.1 def tech pro cinema 80 and denon 1803 and old pioneer kuro plasma.)

Have pretty much decided on denon 3600h and RSL speedwoofer 10s - NEED ADVICE on POLK signature speakers.

Would it be better to use 5 S15s or at least left right and center all S15s and S10 rears, but does Center then have to be vertical , which I may be able to do , (despite aesthetics)? If Center S15 is placed horizontal would it be better instead to have S30 center and S15 left and right , and either S15 or S10 rears? Really appreciate thoughts from those familiar with the signature series. Thanks.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,797
    I would use the s20's as front left and right, s15's as surrounds and the s30 center. That will produce a much fuller sound than using the 15's as fronts.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jdavidjdavid Posts: 46
    Thanks for such a quick response. I had read somewhere about an advantage to having front left and center identical, so that is why I asked. What do you think about two POLK mc60s in ceiling for Dolby Atmos in a room this size?