The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Here is a still frame from the film "Phantasm". Not a >:) but I just thought I would post this here.

puibywavlzwg.jpg
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Any word on your Demon yet?? At only 5k over dealer asking price yours should have been delivered as the ones being delivered to Fl were bought 10-15k over asking....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    I was just wondering if there had been any word on this one?
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Has the Demon been delivered yet?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    It is built and on hold now for more than a month...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Burning in

;)

Yeah, a good 100,000 miles at redline.
  • pitdogg2
    It is built and on hold now for more than a month...

What gives?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2018
    The cars have had several issues pop up during assembly, including catching fire on transport trucks, rear main seal failure, fit and finish, mis-routed fuel lines... typical Dodge stuff.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited March 2018
    You mean, being part of Fiat hasn't improved Chrysler's products?

;)

In seriousness, it's good that they're trying to be proactive in fixing glitches before the car gets to its buyer -- especially in the case of a pricey "special".

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    The cars have had several issues pop up during assembly, including catching fire on transport trucks, rear main seal failure, fit and finish, mis-routed fuel lines... typical Dodge stuff.

Sounds promising! Sounds safe! :o
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    The tile of this thread should be,

The Demon is coming , apart
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    wonder how many transport trucks have been immolated? :|
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    How did they light on fire when they are on the back of a truck not running? Either way, that is gonna be awesome, enjoy it.
  • pitdogg2
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    How did they light on fire when they are on the back of a truck not running? Either way, that is gonna be awesome, enjoy it.

Just like the Fords did many years ago. Like your TV, DVD player or AVR when you shut them off they are not really off. Many components stay on and energized so when you hit the car fob it starts. One bad part can over heat to the point of fire in some cases. ESPECIALLY if it has anything to do with say a fuel flow and say FIRE i.e. spark...
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Bring it out to Pomona and run it down the track if they’ll let you. I’ve read that you can’t run it down the track without a roll cage though.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Oooh ok that makes sense. I didn’t think about the fact that the computers in the cars stay on all the time.
  • cincycat13
    cincycat13 Posts: 882
    Only a modified hellcat...but it turns really well with viper tires all the way around. Too bad I think it is still going to be crushed after a few round track trials.ist0qcny3wfw.jpg
    sbc7sb693tsr.jpg
    qmnz3iaryakr.jpg
    4pzuedpjodii.jpg6heri99qplbi.jpg

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Did ya get the Demon yet?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I should have my eyes on it by the middle of next week.

....... :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707

Yeah, that was April 4th, middle of "next week" on April 4th would have been last Wednesday. Hence the reason he asked today since we are approaching the middle of the week after "next week".

Maybe he's just driving around and not worried about posting here?

I know I would be.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • NotaSuv
    There was a group that was delayed for Q&A problems but the factory said it will be back on schedule within a week....funny thing is they have been behind schedule since the first one rolled off the line............but the price for them has been dropping a few out there for 90K and should continue to drop.......should be able to pick one up by years end for 80
  • nooshinjohn
    There is a nasty, and false rumor out there that Dodge will continue Demon production, with another run of cars in 2019. This isn’t helping prices any. My car was delayed but according to the dealer, it is on the way. The snowstorm back east slowed things down a bit.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Jstas wrote: »

Yeah, that was April 4th, middle of "next week" on April 4th would have been last Wednesday. Hence the reason he asked today since we are approaching the middle of the week after "next week".

Maybe he's just driving around and not worried about posting here?

I know I would be.

I didnt see Charleys post :blush: .... I was on the same train..... hoping for pictures and an update :smile: ....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • NotaSuv
    No Demons for 2019, but watch for a AWD Challenger Cat in the next year or two...Demon prices are not dropping because of rumors either.... naturally as more and more hit the market prices will be more realistic.................
  • nooshinjohn
    The car is on the ground at the dealership as of an hour ago. I am going to go see it tonight and hammer out the details, then bring it home this weekend after it has been inspected.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Remember to not let them wash it (don't want any "dealer installed" swirl marks in the paint) or drill holes for a front license plate!
    The car is on the ground at the dealership as of an hour ago. I am going to go see it tonight and hammer out the details, then bring it home this weekend after it has been inspected.

• nooshinjohn
    Got a call from a good friend that works there... the bottom of the car is covered in rust, the hood has an 18” long scratch in the satin finish, the driver door has half dozen deep scratches in it, and the rear bumper looks to be cracked where it attaches to the body.

If that is the case, I am going to get my deposit back and wait for the mid-engined Corvette to hit the ground next year...

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    edited April 2018
    what a cluster ****
This discussion has been closed.