Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    250GTLusso wrote: »
    A very early pair of the SDA 1C (in the original cabinet construction) in LA - asking $400(!). Look to be in excellent shape - No affiliation.

ii5th5fohq3o.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/d/pair-of-killer-polk-audio-sda/6497847200.html

Guy has them on eBay for $500 BIN. Rating of 98.5% is not a good sign IMHO. I don't do business on eBay with anyone with less than 99.5%. I still have burn marks from transactions with lower rated sellers.
  • 250GTLusso wrote: »
    A very early pair of the SDA 1C (in the original cabinet construction) in LA - asking $400(!). Look to be in excellent shape - No affiliation.

ii5th5fohq3o.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/d/pair-of-killer-polk-audio-sda/6497847200.html

These are most likely 1B's.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Curse you, left coasters!!! :Shakes fist in the air:
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    @MrBuhl
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Hot off the presses!
    Monitor 10's plus Monitor 7's, both pairs for a hundred bucks. No affiliation. https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-monitor-series-2/6513968697.html

• Clipdat
    What the heck happened?
    I contacted the seller, what a **** bag. Deal with him cautiously. :/

• Clipdat
    It sounds like you two had a real connection!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSbSKNk9f0
    I simply texted him about my interest in the speakers. Out of left field came f*** bombs about internet scammers. Perhaps my out of his area phone number got him all wound up. Whatever the case might be you don't fly off the handle like that with a perfect stranger.

• 250GTLusso
    250GTLusso Posts: 163
    edited March 2018
    @TNTsTunes , you are probably correct, in that most likely they are SDA-1Bs.

However they could be early SDA-1Cs. Would need to pull the drivers to see if they are MW6509's or MW6510's & MW6511's.

m2oylym3pwqm.jpg
    01q7bnk747lj.jpg

I have an early pair of SDA-1C's in the new cabinet construction that have a blade-blade IC. So there were transitional speakers both ways.
    HT
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (Front), Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Side), Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear), Adcom ACE-515, Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc, Sony CDP-605esD, Sony BluRay BDP BX59, Samsung 50" Plasma, Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Front (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Side (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom ACE-515, Sony CDP-705esD, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 (Walnut), STAX SR34 Electret Earspeaker System.
    2 Channel (Office)
    Adcom GFP-555 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-555 Amp, Sony CDP-605esD, Adcom GFT-555 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Garage)
    Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp, Hafler DH-220 Amp, Sony CDP-505esD, Hafler DH-330 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 2B (Walnut).
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I simply texted him about my interest in the speakers. Out of left field came f*** bombs about internet scammers. Perhaps my out of his area phone number got him all wound up. Whatever the case might be you don't fly off the handle like that with a perfect stranger.

Oooo! Sounds like fun! We should inundate him with calls and texts! Some people just have no respect. If you advertise on CL it should be expected to get lots of window shoppers. If they don't call back that doesn't mean anything other than you didn't spark their interest enough to come look at it or they found something else or their old lady just wrecked their car or some unforeseen bs.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I wonder what that edgie guy would do seeing a call come from Wilm. NC.? :o:D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Go get 'em Tony
  • Tony M
    OK. And I'll stop and get those RT3000P's and center in St. Louis too. :p

But only get the RT3000Ps and center on the way back due to obvious serious gas mileage concerns! :#

I'm sad but also soooo glad a lot of great deals are on the west coast. I don't have much more room to put them If I could go get them. :(
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737

Looks like the same guy that had some Revel F12s listed recently. His listing screamed "I'm an a-hole". Wonder if they truly want to sell this stuff. Maybe he wants to hold onto it, but his wife is nagging him. So he lists / acts like a jerk and nobody buys. "Well honey, I tried." Just a theory ....
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Could be as simple as some guys are just aholes.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Looks like a hack job. And duct tape residue. Disrespect!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited March 2018
    SDA's in Northern California, no affiliation. What's up with the impromptu interconnect conversion? he3ndep2h3s2.jpgdl2tvcm0h1sw.jpghttps://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/d/rare-polk-audio-sda-2/6514039422.html

I hate those types of connections. Just screams cheap on any speaker or receiver. Whether or not they work is irrelevant!

If he would have rigged up a hole that you stuck a banana clip in it it would be preferable to me. And I will even concede these connectors probably work better than a banana clip..............But still.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Those updated tweeters don't look like RDO's to me...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    Need some Info? These came available locally. I know nothing of Polk's newer models. How does the LSI15's rate and is this a good price for a pair??

https://offerup.co/DHRMd2TTXK

Thanks
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Decent, three hundy would be a very good price IMHO
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    kmeek wrote: »
    Need some Info? These came available locally. I know nothing of Polk's newer models. How does the LSI15's rate and is this a good price for a pair??

Thanks

If you are ANYWHERE near Chicago... just buy daboyz LSi25's that have been gone through by Polk.... bit more but a STELLAR deal.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Yeah those are REALLY nice. That's a good price too.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    kmeek wrote: »

Thanks

If you are ANYWHERE near Chicago... just buy daboyz LSi25's that have been gone through by Polk.... bit more but a STELLAR deal.

Unfortunately I am down here in Phoenix AZ.......
  • Rrusse11
    Rrusse11 Posts: 116
    https://annapolis.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers/6508959305.html

Cheap Monitor 10s, former employee. No affiliation.
    SDA SRS 2.3s
    Pair of Carver TFM 35s
    Carver C-1 Preamp
    CAL Icon MkII CD
    RTA 12s, need major work
  • verb
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Are these high quality cables, or simply sought after by polk collectors? I see 35 bids on them.

Probably state of the art at the time. I believe @mhardy6647 commented on these in his Polk Ad Compendium thread. I'm sure he has some insight. Here is another pic (also on eBay)
    axlggoceqx8u.png
    Not sure if the larger diameter ends are some sort of network device like a lot of the modern cables have. The BIN price on these are 12 hundie!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Are these high quality cables, or simply sought after by polk collectors? I see 35 bids on them.

Only for collecting i wouldn't use them.
    IIRC they had something that didn't agree with some amps
  • Tony M
    Did they make oxygen-free cable back then?
  • verb
    Tony M wrote: »
    Did they make oxygen-free cable back then?

I found this thread here on CP:
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/19047/i-hooked-up-the-dreaded-polk-cobra-cables
  • verb